forum

Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Marcilo
Hey, I´m not sure if this is the right section for this but w/e.

So, I just bought my new Tablet ( the Wacom 470 one ) and yes..i never used one before.

I playing with mouse for like 8 years already l0l.

So, my question is

It is normal that i can´t fkin play a easy map with tablet but can play insane maps with mouse?

I mean i really cant do anything with the tablet imo...are this my settings?

It seems really hard to controle the cursor and stuff...

I´m playing with full area imo and did everything important..and the tablet works and all stuff but i´m not sure..is it me or my settings?

Greez
Shohei Ohtani
You've never used one before, of course you're not gonna be as good as it as on mouse :P. It takes time to get good on tablet

Also, I believe most tablet players don't play on full area. I'm not 100% sure, tho.
Lust
I hover, but i play osu in a smaller resolution so that might help.
GenoClysm
Took me a good....3 hours to get good with a tablet LOL i learn quickly

I reccomend to put less stress on your wrists and have more solid muscle memory to get a smaller area, i'd say half size is what i use
Topic Starter
Marcilo
Okay, this may be a stupid question but w/e

why can´t i use 2 keyboard keys when i play with tablet ?

for example :

I bind my keys to y and x (my keyboard) and can use both when playing with mouse, but when i´m using the tablet i only can use the one thats binded to right click.

idk what im doing wrong..lol
Oinari-sama

Marcilo wrote:

Okay, this may be a stupid question but w/e

why can´t i use 2 keyboard keys when i play with tablet ?

for example :

I bind my keys to y and x (my keyboard) and can use both when playing with mouse, but when i´m using the tablet i only can use the one thats binded to right click.

idk what im doing wrong..lol
Did you disable Mouse Clicks in game?

I'm just guessing: if you're dragging your pen on tablet, then your left click is always on HOLD, therefore rendering your k1 useless. It's the same as someone playing with mouse-keyboard holding down the M1 at all times.
Topic Starter
Marcilo
Thanks.

But now i cant spin anymore, i mean i can click everything but when i spin it´s just miss..doesnt matter how fast i spin.

lol.
[Luanny]
try changing your area in a way it is similar to your mouse speed lol
you will learn faster
Topic Starter
Marcilo
i did ..ty

but why can´t i spin anymore lol

i could like 3 hours ago, now i did everything you said and can´t spin anymore, it´s just miss like wtf
dkun
practice makes perfect. give it more time.
Oinari-sama
Don't try to spin fast when you first start using tablet. Try spinning in a smaller circle at a comfortable rate and getting the feel of how spinner works. You can increase the speed and reduce the spinning radius as you get better at playing with tablet.

EDIT: Also next time post your game play related questions in the Gameplay & Rankings forum.
Chung
I use nearly full area, so you're okay with that. Like everything else in Osu! it is just something that comes with time. I was terrible at tablet play when i first started using it.
Kurum
I bought my tablet this sunday (4 days ago) and I could barely play easy songs with tablet but I could easily play insane songs with mouse >_<. I also started with a very tiny area of my tablet but after one day I switched to full area since everyone I knew told me to, now after 4 days in total I am way better at tablet than mouse so it's really only hard in the beginning IMO! But seriously I recommend you go full area and train for like 1-2 days and then you will be just fine with tablets!
Yarissa

[Luanny] wrote:

try changing your area in a way it is similar to your mouse speed lol
you will learn faster
I can't emphasize this enough. Having similar sensitivities on both mouse and tablet helps a TON.

When I switched to tablet for competitive play about a year and a half ago, I messed with my sensitivities until they pretty much matched my mouse speed. I found myself adjusting to the switch must faster that way