forum

PinkiePieSwear - Sunshine and Celery Stalks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aibyouka
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 2:13:32 PM

Artist: PinkiePieSwear
Title: Sunshine and Celery Stalks
Source: My Little Pony
Tags: mlp fan music trance house
BPM: 130
Filesize: 10029kb
Play Time: 01:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (4.26 stars, 105 notes)
  2. Hard (4.59 stars, 217 notes)
  3. Normal (4.27 stars, 181 notes)
Download: PinkiePieSwear - Sunshine and Celery Stalks
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap! I'm nearly finished with this one (I think)!

UPDATE (7/27/13): Added Hard map.

Easy: Short w/ No Breaks - Complete, In need of modding

Normal: Medium w/ One Break - Complete, In need of modding

Hard: Not yet implemented - Based of Normal map, Complete, In need of modding

Beatmap background: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Vector ... -350522235

Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP0f5rvVkAU
neonat
Easy

OD -2
AR -1
For Easy, the distance spacing has to be constant.
For example: The spacing between 00:36:923 (1) and 00:37:384 (2) must be the same as the spacing between 00:42:461 (4) and 00:42:923 (5)
You cannot just randomly decide how far you want to be spaced apart

An Easy has to be a difficulty beginners can play. This is definitely not one, it is 4.5 stars difficulty rating. For ranking, or any Easy honestly, it would be 3 star or below in difficulty. A short version of the song isn't what gives it the right to be called easy, it is the rhythm in the song that is simple enough for people to play. You should remap Easy, and map the full song instead of just 1/3 of it.

Normal

you only mapped 2 mins 33 seconds of it, what about the other 1 min 30 secs? It is not complete, either that or you cut the mp3 short.

Hard

same as Normal
CS6 isn't recommended as well, the circles are very small.
01:00:288 (4,5,6) - this isn't the right rhythms, 01:00:346 (5) should be at 01:00:346 for example
another exmaple of an error: 00:49:846 (1) - it should end at 00:50:307

Right now, I suggest you look around at other maps for awhile, and see how they make a mapset. Make a range of difficulties that can cater to players of different calibre. The mp3 isn't of the recommended audio bit rate either. Good luck in improving from your first map, experience will make everything come easier and more natural in the future.
Topic Starter
Aibyouka
Thank you for the mod. I have a few questions though:

neonat wrote:

For example: The spacing between 00:36:923 (1) and 00:37:384 (2) must be the same as the spacing between 00:42:461 (4) and 00:42:923 (5)
You cannot just randomly decide how far you want to be spaced apart

An Easy has to be a difficulty beginners can play. This is definitely not one, it is 4.5 stars difficulty rating. For ranking, or any Easy honestly, it would be 3 star or below in difficulty. A short version of the song isn't what gives it the right to be called easy, it is the rhythm in the song that is simple enough for people to play. You should remap Easy, and map the full song instead of just 1/3 of it.

01:00:288 (4,5,6) - this isn't the right rhythms, 01:00:346 (5) should be at 01:00:346 for example
another exmaple of an error: 00:49:846 (1) - it should end at 00:50:307
The program is pointing out spacing from two different combos which, to me, doesn't make sense if they are two different combos. However, I can see what you mean about the spacing from the same combo. Do you mean 4 & 5 from the same orange combo as 1 & 2, or 4 & 5 from the green combo as program points out?

I was able to lower the difficulty to an approximate two stars by lowering the beatmap set up. Is this good enough, or do I need to edit the entire beatmap so that it has fewer hit circles overall. Are there just too many for it to be easy? (I will extend the beatmap to the same length as Normal.)

How can I fix the slider when the program wants to skip the tick I'm trying to take it to?
Sleepy Tori
[Note]
Whenever someone gives a helpful map to your map, please give them kudosu. It's common courtesy here in the Osu Forums. It also helps give your map higher priority so your map gets noticed by others better.

[General]
Your difficulty names don't actually fit the difficulties -.-'
The easy is actually extremely hard if a beginner were to play this.

recommended difficulty stars

Easy 1 - 3
Normal 3 - 4
Hard 4 - 4.5
Insane 5

Your difficulties are too short compared to the music. you can't let a person sit in front of there computer for an extra minute without doing anything would you?

Please continue to map your difficulties until they are done or when the right place to stop come up.

Timing
Change your offset for the first timing point to 7384

Offset is when the music begins

[Easy]
Settings for Difficulty
Hp Drain 3
Circle Size 2
Aproach Rate 3
Overall Difficulty 3

[Normal]
Settings for Difficulty
Hp Drain 4
Circle Size 2
Approach Rate 4
Overall Difficulty 3

[Hard]

Hp Drain 4 - 5
Circle Size 2-3
Approch Rate 3 - 5
Overall Difficulty 3 - 5

I can't give a more specific mod to you until you make the changes i said in the general area (and changes overall). PM me when your done so i'll come check it out later.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.