forum

[Poll] Next meet-up should be hosted where?

posted
Total Posts

What city should next meet up be hosted.

Stockholm
28.26%
Göteborg
26.09%
Oslo
30.43%
København
15.22%
Total votes: 92
Topic Starter
Kluddio
Just a quick check up where people want to have the next meet up,
This does not mean that it will be hosted soon.
Kotayo
voted Göteborg as I feel that is the like middlepoint for everyone except for maybe the ppl who live up north in Sweden/Norway....Stockholm could probably also work but I feel most people will have a really long trip there
and as I personally experienced a total of 16hours bus riding to Oslo for the last meetup i doubt anyone else want to go through that xD
Liiraye
sthlm cuz cba 2 bus
Topic Starter
Kluddio
I have to agree with Kotayo, Göteborg seem to be the place that is the center between Sweden danmark norway.
Dolphin
It would be fun to go together at a convention like Desucon: 9 (which is in Lillestrøm)
They even have their own room for sleeping in so you don't have to go through the mess with finding a place to stay.
Besides Desucon is a cool convention for otaku people.

(and if you go you will get to see me in cosplay :D )
boat
Don't meet up in Gothenburg there's nothing to see or do here.
Topic Starter
Kluddio

Dolphin wrote:

It would be fun to go together at a convention like Desucon: 9 (which is in Lillestrøm)
They even have their own room for sleeping in so you don't have to go through the mess with finding a place to stay.
Besides Desucon is a cool convention for otaku people.

(and if you go you will get to see me in cosplay :D )
The problem with a meet up on a convention is the sum you got to pay. First the traveling then entry fee for the convenstion then the hotel.
Kotayo

boat wrote:

Don't meet up in Gothenburg there's nothing to see or do here.
Liseberg and ending the meet-up at some restaurant? which more or less what we did in Oslo (amusement park and pizza) but the lack of swedes xD
and there's a lot of other stuff to do in Göteborg/Gothenburg xD
boat
lel liseberg

Unless you're all underage I'd highly recommend going to Sticky Fingers whenever a decent band is playing. That's about the only reasonable place I can think of. If you are underage you could go and order a table at the hard rock café before the club opens, if you stay and at least look of reasonable age they wont kick you out. It's a nice place as well, but a bit pricey food and drinks wise.
Liiraye

boat wrote:

lel liseberg

Unless you're all underage I'd highly recommend going to Sticky Fingers whenever a decent band is playing. That's about the only reasonable place I can think of. If you are underage you could go and order a table at the hard rock café before the club opens, if you stay and at least look of reasonable age they wont kick you out. It's a nice place as well, but a bit pricey food and drinks wise.

Sticky Fingers - the mecca of gbg
Though I highly doubt everyone will be 18+.
boat

Liiraye wrote:

Sticky Fingers - the mecca of gbg
Whole of Gothenburg is pretty much the equivalent of mecca. You're going to run into "such people" everywhere, I don't really find sticky fingers to be an exception out of the ordinary.
Xytox

Liiraye wrote:

sthlm cuz cba 2 bus
This^
Otherwise you won't be seeing me at the meet-up. But then again, who wants to see me? \:>/
Topic Starter
Kluddio
LETS GO TO THE PUB!
I will smuggle you all in~~

Saten, put that hammer down! ~~~It was a joke~~
kriers
DreamHack is where it's at
Dolphin

kriers wrote:

Let's arrange an osu tournament.
(and maybe a Taiko tourney)
Kotayo

kriers wrote:

was thinking a bit as to why dreamhack wasn't an option as it is a great idea
Topic Starter
Kluddio
We had already talked about it Summer 2014 everyone should go then
maal
det skal da holdes i perkerhavn
Xytox

Dolphin wrote:

kriers wrote:

Let's arrange an osu tournament.
(and maybe a Taiko tourney)
That would actually be pretty cool. The one who gets last place has to buy everyone a coke. Am I a genius or what?
Topic Starter
Kluddio

Xytox wrote:

That would actually be pretty cool. The one who gets last place has to buy everyone a coke. Am I a genius or what?
Genius Xytox strikes again.
kriers

Cloudio-san wrote:

Xytox wrote:

Genius Xytox strikes again.
free coke!
-GN

kriers wrote:

free coke!
CXu
But I don't even like coke :(
Or any other carbonated drink for that matter.
Saten
Meet-up hos syltis pls

I still wanna beat him up :>

-GN wrote:

kriers wrote:

free coke!
free coke!
Teras
hue
Grunt
stockholm pls I can maybe show up !
Licorice_old
Either Göteborg for being very central, Dreamhack for being rather central aswell, or you can always hold the meet-up at Närcon, it's not to far off from Jönköping where dreamhack is, and is the best Convention if you are going to go to one anyway, and not as expensive as going to dreamhack.
kriers
the only reason I'd come to Sweden, would be for Dreamhack
Saten
But I wanna play melee/brawl :(

Is it possible to do @DH?
Topic Starter
Kluddio

Saten wrote:

Japp, dom har massa olika brawl spel som man kan sätta sig och spela när som helst även om man inte har en datorn med sig.
Dreamhack got them all~
Saten

Cloudio-san wrote:

Saten wrote:

Japp, dom har massa olika brawl spel som man kan sätta sig och spela när som helst även om man inte har en datorn med sig.
Dreamhack got them all~
Coola bönor

Jag kanske åker dit ändå
Liiraye
Är satan i egen hög person på DH så måste jag ju också komma! Palla stationär dock.
Liiraye

Licorice wrote:

Either Göteborg for being very central, Dreamhack for being rather central aswell, or you can always hold the meet-up at Närcon, it's not to far off from Jönköping where dreamhack is, and is the best Convention if you are going to go to one anyway, and not as expensive as going to dreamhack.
From what I've heard, närcon is a pit filled with thousands of weeaboos running around and screaming. Not that tempting imo.
Xytox

Liiraye wrote:

Licorice wrote:

From what I've heard, närcon is a pit filled with thousands of weeaboos running around and screaming. Not that tempting imo.
I have only heard bad things from it as well. The only reason why I would go there would be if someone I knew (someone I know in #Skandi would be enough) also would be there.

But ya, when arranging a meet-up, I'd go to Dreamhack rather than Närcon.
vagenis
dreamhack! maybe gøteborg :s?
Liiraye
Actually, I'd like to go to göteborg to meet some other mates I have as well! I already know the entire stockholm city so I figured goeteborg would be fun :)

At least I can ride a fast train thar :3
ityka
Only thing I can consider is dreamhack probably. or oslo of course, but oslo won't happen ^.^
Topic Starter
Kluddio

Xytox wrote:

I would go for dreamhack aswell. Närcom desucon they all some meh people hanging around.

Cloudio-san wrote:

if this is what Desucon: 8 can offer then i would not go!

SPOILER

Doommm

Doommm

Doommm

Dolphin

Cloudio-san wrote:

Xytox wrote:

I would go for dreamhack aswell. Närcom desucon they all some meh people hanging around.

Cloudio-san wrote:

if this is what Desucon: 8 can offer then i would not go!

SPOILER

Doommm

Doommm

Doommm

Pls desucon because im going there and it is cool
show more