forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I don't have a pre-order. Even if there were awesome pre-order bonuses I have really bad luck when it comes to actually getting them.

I might pick up Pokemon Y in December in physical form if I like X enough, though.
deadbeat
new trailer
NaomiMinette
So much new stuff on the official site... This intrigued me the most:

Previously, you could trade via the GTS only for Pokémon you'd already registered in your Pokédex by seeing or catching them. For the first time in the main Pokémon series, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y allow you to receive a Pokémon not yet registered in your Pokédex via GTS trade!
deadbeat
excellent! that's awesome news
Azure_Kite
Team Flare, huh.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Azure_Kite wrote:

Team Flare, huh.
I like them because they don't try to hide their true intentions - making $$ - with bullshit.
Hika
team flare, yes.
izzydemon

1%

1%

1%
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I'm very impressed at how refined the graphics look now:

Just look at how sprite-like Xerneas is, for example. That's some damn good shading. And... HEAD SHOT!
deadbeat

SnowStorm wrote:

1%

1%

1%
ignore probability. acquire Dragonite via surfing/fishing.
izzydemon

deadbeat wrote:

SnowStorm wrote:

1%

1%

1%
ignore probability. acquire Dragonite via surfing/fishing.
dratini has a 60% chance to show up so i guess i'll just keep trying basculin genocide

edit: i got a lv 54 dratini
Neko_girl_chibi
Ekaru:I'm very impressed at how refined the graphics look now:
Just look at how sprite-like Xerneas is, for example. That's some damn good shading. And... HEAD SHOT!
Yessss! I love the new graphics of the game {and the new pokemon} * ^ *
izzydemon
i've spent like an hour walking around at floccesy ranch

is riolu THAT rare?
NaomiMinette

SnowStorm wrote:

i've spent like an hour walking around at floccesy ranch

is riolu THAT rare?
According to Serebii, yes.
Azure_Kite
Still, that's generally a 1 in 20 rate of encounter. Heck, at least it's not 1% :D
mm201
I found Riolu pretty easily. Now Dunsparce was hard.
izzydemon
is it cheating if I trade an exp. share from my black 1 to black 2 before I can get it
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

I found Dunsparce relatively fast. The only Pokémon I REALLY had trouble with in terms of finding AND catching was Skarmory... *glares*
Wasted more than 50 Ultra Balls on low health on the damn thing... LA;DFKJ;LASDFJ;LASDFJ;DKJS

SnowStorm wrote:

is it cheating if I trade an exp. share from my black 1 to black 2 before I can get it
I did something similar with other held items, so not really :P
Hika
Within 10 minutes of being in the ranch, I ran into a third Riolu after catching my current one. It wasn't too rare until I decided to come back and raise another one ):
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

I really wanted to use Dunsparce but I was too lazy to try to find one. :/
Neko_girl_chibi
what do you think of ninfia?
the new pokemon type of fairy?

izzydemon

Ekaru wrote:

mm201 wrote:

I really wanted to use Dunsparce but I was too lazy to try to find one. :/
i got a dunsparce just because some fool was offering a zoroark for it
NaomiMinette
I'd rather Zoroark than Dunsparce, but whatever.

Anyway, I was wondering: when X/Y comes out, should I keep my Gen IV games or trade them in towards X/Y?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Keep Gen IV games until we know what Pokemon Pokemon X/Y has.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - Shiny Dialga Event

For those in the UK, a new event has been revealed by the facebook pages of various GAME stores. This event is to run from August 30th 2013 to September 12th 2013 and is to offer a download of a Shiny Dialga. On September 13th to September 26th, a Shiny Palkia will be distributed and from September 27th to October 12th, a shiny Giratina will be distributed. We'll provide full details, as well as official confirmation, as soon as possible
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... No faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair....
izzydemon

Blazevoir wrote:

Serebii wrote:

For those in the UK, a new event has been revealed by the facebook pages of various GAME stores. This event is to run from August 30th 2013 to September 12th 2013 and is to offer a download of a Shiny Dialga. On September 13th to September 26th, a Shiny Palkia will be distributed and from September 27th to October 12th, a shiny Giratina will be distributed. We'll provide full details, as well as official confirmation, as soon as possible
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... No faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair....
WELP MOVING TO THE UK CYA FOLKS

also lucky aevv
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Love ya too TPCi. ^_^
deadbeat

SnowStorm wrote:

Serebii wrote:

WELP MOVING TO THE UK CYA FOLKS
i so want those D:
izzydemon
did anyone mention the levels of these guys somewhere

although i'm guessing 100
Noobita
pkmn x & y come out now pls
Hika
your avatar is just screaming 'take my money'
NaomiMinette

SnowStorm wrote:

did anyone mention the levels of these guys somewhere

although i'm guessing 100
No mention yet.
izzydemon

Neko_girl_chibi wrote:

what do you think of ninfia?
the new pokemon type of fairy?

cute but mesprit is already my waifu so nothanks
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Noobita wrote:

pkmn x & y come out now pls
You'll have to suffer with the rest of us.
Clestis
<don't have a 3ds
so i guess i'll have to suffer more than the rest of you guys
uuu~
Mogsy
Well, you have several months to save up and get one. They're worth the investment, especially for X/Y.
Hika
^, which is why I'm going to get myself a 3ds a month before it comes out.
deadbeat
i get the feeling that there will be a increase in 3DS sales prior to Pokemon X&Y getting released :p
izzydemon

somewhere on google wrote:

The real question is whether or not Pokemon X and Y -- the newly announced games built exclusively for Nintendo 3DS -- can boost hardware sales when they are released this fall.

"I'm seriously considering getting a 3DS for this," one consumer, whose username is Platysaur, wrote on GameInformer this week.

"I have been playing since the very first game, no reason to stop now," KillerAura wrote.

"Only game I've ever bought a Nintendo hand held for," another consumer, Josh, wrote. "Didn't get the last one though, kind of tired of it. They need to shake it up more and make it a little less kid-focused. I wouldn't be surprised if the audience isn't children anymore. Fans have grown."

"For me Pokemon died after Emerald," Codyeo wrote. He added that while he never made the jump to the DS sequels, X and Y have piqued his interest. "Whenever my little sister gets them I might have to check em' out," he wrote.

Over on IGN , fans echoed these sentiments.
"I'm 27 now, and haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver, and I'll very likely be buying a 3DS and either version of this game," falcon_punch87 wrote.
"I've been waiting for a proper 3D Pokemon since there were rumors it was going to be on the GameCube many, many moons ago."
welp
deadbeat

serebii wrote:

For those in the North America, a new event has been revealed by The Pokémon Company to run in Gamestop. This event is to run from August 19th 2013 to September 8th 2013 and is to offer a download of a Shiny Dialga. On September 9th to September 29th, a Shiny Palkia will be distributed and from September 30th to October 20th, a shiny Giratina will be distributed. We'll provide full details, as well as official confirmation, as soon as possible
also wasn't aware of the Jirachi Event that's about to end D:
show more