forum

Biger Avatar [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ExtremelyAvg
Hello. i would like to be able to use an avatar that is is signifacantly bigger than 128x128 and more than the currently download size.
YunoFanatic
this is the osu!'s law statement that only 128x128 size picture only!
even though osu!dev or deadbeat should take a look at this request
boat
I'd rather not have more bloat.
deadbeat

YunoFanatic wrote:

why are you lumping me in with the dev's ._."

also i'm perfectly fine with 128x128 avatars. i would be happier with 130x130, but that's cause of an compulsive obsessive love of multiplies of 5 >~<
Shohei Ohtani
Having a large avatar would just be way too much. This is actually kind of bigger than a lot of sites allow (Many sites that I used to frequent restricted me to 100x100, or even smaller.)

Having larger images would be a bit strenuous on the server for lower-end computers, and is honestly kind of pointless.
deadbeat
not sure why this was moved away, but as i saw no reason for it being moved, it's back. still, not sure if even even worth increasing. even just increasing by 2x2 seems pointless ;__;
YunoFanatic
I love lumping you with the dev cause i want you to be a dev :P anyways yep extending up to 130x130 seem pintless id rather use the original size..
jesse1412

deadbeat wrote:

not sure why this was moved away, but as i saw no reason for it being moved, it's back. still, not sure if even even worth increasing. even just increasing by 2x2 seems pointless ;__;
The number 130 makes me want to kill myself, the only acceptable options would be 100,128,256,500,512,1000,1024. Numbers should start with 1 or 5 or be squares, anything else hurts to look at.

I have autism.
Full Tablet

deadbeat wrote:

YunoFanatic wrote:

why are you lumping me in with the dev's ._."

also i'm perfectly fine with 128x128 avatars. i would be happier with 130x130, but that's cause of an compulsive obsessive love of multiplies of 5 >~<
But 130 is not even a power of 2.
cheesiest

jesus1412 wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

The number 130 makes me want to kill myself, the only acceptable options would be 100,128,256,500,512,1000,1024. Numbers should start with 1 or 5 or be squares, anything else hurts to look at.

I have autism.
James2250
If you want big images to show off put them on your user page?

If anything I would like avatars to be smaller, not bigger.
I am not sure if automatic re-sizing happens yet but I would like that p/381213
Oinari-sama

James2250 wrote:

If you want big images to show off put them on your user page?
^Pretty much that. You can easily fit a 600px wide picture at the start of your user page, it looks a lot nicer full rather than cropped...
deadbeat

YunoFanatic wrote:

I love lumping you with the dev cause i want you to be a dev :P
ahaha no
anyway, 128x128 should really be enough. if they get too big, they'll just get scaled down ingame anyway. i'll just deny i guess.

if you have any objections, i'll gladly listen
ziin
my avatar has nearly 20 pictures in it and it fits under all limits...
Shohei Ohtani

deadbeat wrote:

ahaha no
#wrecked