forum

Add kudosu statistic to BAT rankings.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
There has been a lot of controversy over BATs not modding high priority maps as much as they should. I believe one of the reasons this may be the case is that they just don't have a lot of incentive to do so. Why not give them some?

I think the BAT ranking charts should keep track of the amounts of kudosu of the maps that are modded/ranked. This could be done a number of ways:

1. Record total kudosu count of maps ranked (BAT has ranked 3 maps with kudosu amounts 30, 40, 50 so he has 120 kudosu points)
2. Record average kudosu count of maps ranked (BAT has ranked 3 maps with kudosu amounts 30, 40, 50 so he has 40 kudosu points)
3. Replace the word "ranked" with "modded" in 1. and 2.
4. Calculate mod EXP by the kudosu count of the map modded (A mod post on a map with 50 kudos gives 5 EXP, while a map with 20 kudos gives 2 EXP

These are just ideas, if anyone else has any other suggestions feel free to share :) I just feel like we should give BATs a reason to want to mod high priority maps instead of having them feel obligated to.

EDIT: Just to make this clear, I'm not saying we should make BATs mod more maps, I'm saying we should have a system that encourages BATs to mod maps of higher priority, hense making star priority actually mean something.
Sir Minelli
We might have The Modder Of The Month feature coming up.

BATS will be able to obtain this title as well.

This as an incentive... but remember that BATS have a life as well.

They can't mod every single day. And to be honest, they have been modding quite a bit lately.
Topic Starter
0_o

Sir Minelli wrote:

We might have The Modder Of The Month feature coming up.

BATS will be able to obtain this title as well.
Yes, but this has nothing to do with priority.

This as an incentive... but remember that BATS have a life as well.

They can't mod every single day. And to be honest, they have been modding quite a bit lately.
I think you might be getting me wrong here. I'm not saying we should get BATs to mod more maps, I'm saying we should have a system that encourages BATs to mod maps of higher priority, hense making star priority actually mean something.
awp
I generally mod maps with 0-2 priority

/flex
Sir Minelli

awp wrote:

/flex
That explains his muscles
Sir Minelli

0_o wrote:

I think you might be getting me wrong here. I'm not saying we should get BATs to mod more maps, I'm saying we should have a system that encourages BATs to mod maps of higher priority.
I believe this is what BATS do. I don't see BATS modding low priority maps that much, let the modders do so.
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
I like this system because it would reward BATs for modding high-priority maps, without forcing them to do so.
Topic Starter
0_o
bumpity
Derekku
Incentive = Motivation = I think that this sounds like a nice idea.