forum

First beatmap in the works, multiple questions need answers!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iggy
First off here's what I've managed to put together:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0zo1j31eknip ... 0Theme.osz

So the song is Darius Theme from the game League Of Legends

So far there's only one difficulty, but I'm planning to get this ranked (if I have the skill to do that).

A few questions that came into my mind when doing this:
Is it really necessary to use the snap for every circle? It says so in the guide.
I feel like using it all the time makes the beatmap too clunky.

When is it okay to double/halve the BPM and when is it okay to change the distance spacing?
I used 1.5 and 2.0 a lot and from what I've read it's not recommended.

Also this might sound dumb but since there was a post about "flow of the beatmap" and how it should be used, should I make the beatmap more flow-y or is it okay to keep a bit jumpy with a lot of going back and forth?

What do you think of the beatmap so far?

Any help with this is highly appreciated!
Tshemmp
A few questions that came into my mind when doing this:
Is it really necessary to use the snap for every circle? It says so in the guide.
I feel like using it all the time makes the beatmap too clunky.
Using the distance snap is recommended for beginner mappers to not screw up but if you feel confident enough you should turn it off sometimes to make interesting/"flowing" patterns and such (not so much in Easy and Normal diffs but especially in Insane diffs).
When is it okay to double/halve the BPM and when is it okay to change the distance spacing?
I used 1.5 and 2.0 a lot and from what I've read it's not recommended.
You shouldn't ever double/halve the BPM unless this is exactly what is happening in the song. Just vary the slider velocity instead. 1.5 and 2.0 or even more is totally fine but remember you should only do stuff like this when you know what you are doing. It is just not recommended for beginner mappers (remember, the guide is for beginners).
Also this might sound dumb but since there was a post about "flow of the beatmap" and how it should be used, should I make the beatmap more flow-y or is it okay to keep a bit jumpy with a lot of going back and forth?
Jump patterns can (and should) have amazing flow aswell. But the way you used back and forth jumps is very fine, too.
YunoFanatic
Hello if you gonna do the insane part (*_*)? Ill GD the easy diff if you want ;_;
Topic Starter
Iggy

YunoFanatic wrote:

Hello if you gonna do the insane part (*_*)? Ill GD the easy diff if you want ;_;
Feel free, any help is highly appreciated! ^_^ PM me when/if needed.

Thanks for the answers Tshemmp.