show more
Scarth
I really like set 1 also.
Very good job on the taiko skin.
Topic Starter
OsuMe65
Yo. TeO here.
OsuMe-sama messed up again... =w=b he forgot to change the applause.wav
he said that he will change it right away but changes will start tomorrow, 24th of May, 2013 (UTC+8)
stay tuned (i mean, keep an eye out for the changelog) for more information

TeO, out
LeiN-
Wow.....It's really AWESOME!!! :o :o :o :o :o
But I think as a mania user, 'mania-hit300g' need another color like rainbow.
Maybe that helps to perceive judgement.

and exchage these color of 'mania-hit100','mania-hit200' are looking better.(mania users hate the color like BLUE(100) or GRAY(50))

darkmiz

I suggest moving the eyes more apart (anime style)

Topic Starter
OsuMe65

LeiN- wrote:

Wow.....It's really AWESOME!!! :o :o :o :o :o
But I think as a mania user, 'mania-hit300g' need another color like rainbow.
Maybe that helps to perceive judgement.

and exchage these color of 'mania-hit100','mania-hit200' are looking better.(mania users hate the color like BLUE(100) or GRAY(50))

I hate rainbows in digital art... :| but i love actual rainbows after every rains

there's no problem in bartering those colors... i intentionally swapped blue for 200 and green for 100 in order for the o!m skin to be unique...
and i have to animate the "300 -MAXIMUM-" further... if possible :|

Shino wrote:

Don't you think those taiko score effect(良, 可... you know) is too big? I can barely see the next notes.
those effect has the same size as the authentic TNT hitbursts (actually the symbols in the skin's hitbursts are bigger though... )
i just left a hole in a middle to see the incoming notes... (that helps around 25% though... :( )

darkmiz wrote:

I suggest moving the eyes more apart (anime style)

as i have said in the OP, i have no accuracy in drawing... :( and it looks cute if it's not separated that far because i ran out of space in my sketch
---------------------------------

keep an eye out for that reserved post.
Saturnalize

I don't know why but I found it weirder than the default.

Yes, the line below the eye is disgusting.

Also, maybe increase the right eyebrow length? Since it facing front so it's ok for having the same length.
jemhuntr
fruit of boredom http://puu.sh/2YvCr.png
I got lazy so I didn't do proper shading and proportions. Basically it's just the base colors.
Xiao_old

pixeldesu wrote:

I don't know why, but it looks pretty similar to Xiao's Nexus (Slate/Ivory) Skin, but with a own touch and all playmodes.
NeOsu 2 had a unique aesthetic to it, which I thought was cool. This is uncomfortably similar. I'm not going to whine and moan about it—after all, I can't claim an aesthetic as my own. At least you skinned all the modes.
pixeldesu

Xiao wrote:

pixeldesu wrote:

I don't know why, but it looks pretty similar to Xiao's Nexus (Slate/Ivory) Skin, but with a own touch and all playmodes.
NeOsu 2 had a unique aesthetic to it, which I thought was cool. This is uncomfortably similar. I'm not going to whine and moan about it—after all, I can't claim an aesthetic as my own. At least you skinned all the modes.
If I look through the screenshots now, I actually see the similarity. The style is about 80-90% similar, from the colors to forms or styling of various elements.

You can take different looks at it...it's sure okay to take some ideas and make them into something better, but a bit more difference would be better, because this just reminds me too much of Nexus. And, sure...Ideas for skins aren't made in a day or two, it takes sometimes a lot of time so it may be easier to look up for some clues from other skins, but what we've got here is a really high similarity. After all it is Xiao's Skin and his choice if it is too much similarity or not, so I'm quite fine with that.

But yes, after all that negative comments or critics I have to say that it also has it own style...some texts here and there and hexagons. Also this blue/grayish color-theme looks quite nice and futuristic. The skin is nothing that rapes your eyes while playing and the effects and hits stay near the new standard skin.

Overall it's a quite nice skin and I think that's the most important thing after all :>

Result:

Pro

- The futuristic look and the blue/grayish-theme look nice
- The idea of an own character for the skin (and maybe more characters) is nice
- It's not bloated and annoys while playing
- All playmodes are skinned

Contra

- Taiko: The hits overlay the next circles, so it's harder to play (fix is already assigned)
- High similarity to Nexus (some elements look like taken from the Skin and only some effects and texts were changed, harsh said)
Xiao_old
It's definitely well made. I can appreciate good work and I'll give credit where it's due: this looks good and I can tell time was put into making it, without a doubt.

I look forward to seeing more of your skins moving forward. You have talent in a technical sense; I just hope you can develop it with your own creative sense.
Kanye West
Amazing skin.
Topic Starter
OsuMe65
check reserved post
Topic Starter
OsuMe65

well, today's June 1 (UTC+8) and 2 days from now, I'll go to school :(
I'll just leave this image as your desktop wallpaper goodie (if you want to)

as for this skin, i might update this one when i got free time
and here are some teasers....

Inori
this guy
Anzo
AHOsume is getting more pro at this.. >w<
evil_genius_old
Awesome skin! I love the colors and the modernness of it. I did notice a couple bugs though, mania-key1@2x is the same size as mania-key1, score-4@2x
and score-7@2x are missing. Thanks for all your hard work! :D
Topic Starter
OsuMe65

evil_genius wrote:

Awesome skin! I love the colors and the modernness of it. I did notice a couple bugs though, mania-key1@2x is the same size as mania-key1, score-4@2x
and score-7@2x are missing. Thanks for all your hard work! :D
minor update tomorrow (4th of June, 2013 [UTC+8])
Topic Starter
OsuMe65

welp, NeOsu 3 is now on REV 02
Changes
4th of June, 2013 [REV 02 release]
Added the missing files (namely score-4@2x.png and score-7@2x.png)
:arrow: fixed the issue with mania-key1.png and mania-key@2x.png
:arrow: replaced applause.wav (from Xiao's Nexus applause.wav to a new one... try it... it's awesome if the timing in the ranking screen is right)

I'm now a 3rd year High School Student and currently working on AlterNeo and another skin, that is a branch of the Neo System, codenamed: "TACHIBANA", so please bear with me... :(

NOTE: you can view the same thing in The Changelog
evil_genius_old
Nice! Downloading the new version now. :D
Aka
wow
FluffyStorm
I apprciate this osume65 :)
Great Job
RA272Nirvash
Man =D
your skins are pure love =D
i realy do like them. ^^
Kamikaze
Awesome piece of work there ^^ I just have one question: Is it possible to change "Player 1" on mania-stage-right and how to do it?
Topic Starter
OsuMe65
not possible... FOR NOW
Tekklorn
Awesome skin, at first I didn't like the custom sounds but grew to like them after a while ^^
FluffyStorm
yo it looks like a clone of nexus ivory
Topic Starter
OsuMe65
someone said that thing long time ago...

no need to bring it back since i'm working on NOA
Secretpipe
Your skin is so beautiful :D
acrox999
Whoa, dat circles... in HD! Loving this skin.
Houndess
this skin is very cool if you changed the fruit ryuuta character and comboburst pic :)
Just a reccomendation :D

sorry newbie
Topic Starter
OsuMe65
Just passing by for another freebie... that is, a wallpaper, to welcome a new family member Souji N. Katayama...
resolution is at 1920x1080
Wallpaper
[centre]
[/centre]
Topic Starter
OsuMe65

12th of October, 2013 (UTC+8)
(redownload skin if you downloaded on/or before change...)

:arrow: added the missing elements (spinner-warning.png and fruit-bananas.png)
:arrow: Version: 1 for skin.ini added
:arrow: updated screenshots
:arrow: updated DL links
Richard2q2
awesommmmmmmmmmmmme :) :) :)
nana1231
Suggestion:
On Taiko,can you add the "pippidon.png"s?
MarioBound
Looks quite similar to Nexus Slate and Ivory. (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
Topic Starter
OsuMe65

MarioBound wrote:

Looks quite similar to Nexus Slate and Ivory. (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
far

-------------------

quickfix incomin'
Topic Starter
OsuMe65

16th of November, 2013
:arrow: added fruit-ryuuta.png, the last missing element for now
ConanCloud
I like your skin, good job! :)
Thanks for sharing ^^
AyayA05
great skin! :) uhm..i think the colors used for the o!m are quite dark..(is it just me?)..it feels heavy..
- [ Giokky ] -
Nice Skin. :D
show more