forum

Sorting beatmaps by genre. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Iggy
So basically just add one more option to the dropdown menu where you can sort beatmaps by rank/last played/artist/creator etc.

I think it wouldn't be too hard to add one more sorting option, since all the songs are already tagged by genre.

What do you guys think?
Stefan
I think that the use of this is more useful at the Website since you're looking there for Maps at this specific genre. Personally I wouldn't see any need of it.
Topic Starter
Iggy
Oh yeah I probably should've pointed out the need for it.

I have a shitton of beatmaps, so remembering their names is a pain for me. I always have go through the "sort by date" option to find a single beatmap I want if I don't remember the name. Also if I want to play an instrumental song, but I don't remember exactly how many instrumental songs I have (or if I've downloaded some new ones) I can't just search for "instrumental".
deadbeat
we have collections. couldn't you add a mapset to a genre collection when you get it?
TheVileOne
Where can you find information about a song's genre in game?

Edit: This is a duplicate idea anyways.
t/121888
Topic Starter
Iggy

TheVileOne wrote:

Where can you find information about a song's genre in game?

Edit: This is a duplicate idea anyways.
t/121888
You can't find the info in-game but you can find the info when you download a song from the website.
My bad on the duplicate, didn't search too well.

deadbeat wrote:

we have collections. couldn't you add a mapset to a genre collection when you get it?
The thing with using collections is that it's painfully slow to add songs to them. Going through the same menus for countless times just to add a mapset to the collections isn't something I want to spend all my free time on.

Guess I have to deal with it, such minor things won't get too much attention.