forum

Jumps are too hard after an Hyperdash

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +233
Topic Starter
eldnl
As the tittle says, if you put a big jump after an hyperdash it will be very, very hard to catch, almost impossible for most players.
This happens since the hyperdash system was fixed to avoid pixel jumps, but it brought another problem with it.

Here is two images to explain what's the problem:

Here is an example from a map.

Both difficulties are technically possible, the first one could be easy for very experienced players, the second one, I did it just once, probably over 100 retries.
Any suggestion or ideas can be posted here and I'll edit.
TheVileOne
One solution would be to hyper even technically catchable jumps that exist after hyperjumps. Would this be an ideal solution?
peppy
what makes it hard?
Topic Starter
eldnl

peppy wrote:

what makes it hard?
I don't know really, Last Remmant can say something about this, but I think the best way is testing it.
Aka

Last Remnant wrote:

because after hyper you end on middle of fruit and it's almost impossible to catch next fruit that is in other direction
Last Remnant_old
Okay, so here it goes!

lets look at this picture:

You get fruit 1 which is hyper, you become faster and head to fruit 2. As soon as the middle of your catcher reaches it, hyperdashing stops, but of course you will continue moving in right direction for a few milliseconds (that are the leeway time after middle of your catcher reaches fruit 2). This will probably make fruit 2 fall on 47% (instead of 50%) of catcher's width (from left side) and it is impossible to reach the fruit 3 if you start dashing from fruit 2 with this starting position.

I don't know, so I am asking: Does current hyperdashing algorithm considers that my catcher will be located exactly under fruit 2 (with middle of it's width, not with the right edge of catcher)?

PS. In the current state, in order to get fruit 3, you would need to stop your hyperdashing a bit earlier than you reach fruit 2, so you catch fruit 2 with right edge of catcher and continue to fruit 3 from this position. As we know, hyperdashed catcher is SUPER fast, which means that we are talking about luck here lol.
peppy
Hyperdash considers that your catch is still under the fruit – even if that is beyond the midpoint. You still have a bit of leeway.
ZHSteven
[CTB Mapping] Technical problems with new hypers

The investigation by Drafura.

Just for a reference.
Drafura
I obviously support this request.
lineqtxz
im waiting this since 5 month ago

support :)

Last Remnant wrote:

Okay, so here it goes!

lets look at this picture:

You get fruit 1 which is hyper, you become faster and head to fruit 2. As soon as the middle of your catcher reaches it, hyperdashing stops, but of course you will continue moving in right direction for a few milliseconds (that are the leeway time after middle of your catcher reaches fruit 2). This will probably make fruit 2 fall on 47% (instead of 50%) of catcher's width (from left side) and it is impossible to reach the fruit 3 if you start dashing from fruit 2 with this starting position.

I don't know, so I am asking: Does current hyperdashing algorithm considers that my catcher will be located exactly under fruit 2 (with middle of it's width, not with the right edge of catcher)?

PS. In the current state, in order to get fruit 3, you would need to stop your hyperdashing a bit earlier than you reach fruit 2, so you catch fruit 2 with right edge of catcher and continue to fruit 3 from this position. As we know, hyperdashed catcher is SUPER fast, which means that we are talking about luck here lol.
You need not to wait to catch fruit 2, but anticipate the moving in direction of fruit 3. It's rhythmical moving, in this case I press the buttons without even being sure of catching fruits.
Often it goes wrong, but it requires rhythm (skill).
Kurokami
After I played Drafura's demo map several times, I realized this is the only thing which is requires serious amount of luck. I don't think this is about rhythm or anything else, just pure luck. So please try to do something about it peppy if you can. :3
CLSW
Obviously support this.
[Yue]

lineqtxz wrote:

im waiting this since 5 month ago

support :)
I say the same
Topic Starter
eldnl
I hope this is going somewhere, because most of ctb players are unhappy with this issue, the previous hdashes where just perfect for this kind of jump!
Last Remnant_old

peppy wrote:

Hyperdash considers that your catch is still under the fruit – even if that is beyond the midpoint. You still have a bit of leeway.
Isn't it too harsh to consider that someone can actually position his catcher to catch the first fruit with catcher's edge inside this very short leeway time? Also it seems that this leeway time is more strict if the beats are further away on x-axis, is this intended to be so? If the plan was to make them more rhythmical, then it is more logical to have this leeway time equal regardless of x-axis distance (in other words, only based on time distance between beats).
Kurokami
Yousei Teikoku - Torikago is still too hard for me because it contains this kind of jumps at the beginning. Mostly fail at that part. After the new hdash were came out I planned to pass it but soon after I realized, nothing changed. So please, do something about it peppy.
MeGl
Kurokami, just because u can't catch them it doesn't mean that there's something wrong with them...
Kurokami

MeGl wrote:

Kurokami, just because u can't catch them it doesn't mean that there's something wrong with them...
In most cases, this is true. But I tried many times and I still can't catch them. Sometimes, when I'm lucky I catch the first or the second one fully, but that is very rare. And I don't think I'm lacking something. Anyways, this thread isn't about that map, I just pointed out there is a map with somewhere similar patterns as the first issue in Drafura's demo. Sorry, if that isn't the exact same thing.
Drafura

MeGl wrote:

All maps are FCable, but it doesn't mean that nothing is wrong.
Topic Starter
eldnl
bump
i want this to be fixed pls
YERTI
this needs to be fixed
Topic Starter
eldnl
take care of this please
ConanCloud
The idea of the new hd system was good, but the practice isnt really well.
Thats why i am for this request, because of we can play better, after a fix, approved and jump maps ;)
( I can´t vote, sry :( )
Tenshichan

YERTI wrote:

this needs to be fixed
:!:
VelperK
bump, i'd appreciate a fix for this soon
Kurokami
Nobody cares about this I guess. I mean this request is already 8 months old. q.q
ZiRoX
Support.
Zak
Dropped a few stars, this would be nice.
shawchaneo
Still waiting
tsundoll
Gave some votes to this. This request is pretty old
VelperK
please peppy take a look at this as this is quite a problem with some maps :(
Badis
I support this : the older hyperdashes were more fair with that :/
Salamat
support :D
DeletedUser_500696
Bumping this because im butthurt lol. I've played this map (too many) times and I can vouch for the absurd timing of this kind of jump, it is effectively luck based. Or maybe I'm just awful at HR, but either way this jump feels out of place and random, best way I can describe it. . Takes me about 20 tries to hit it, probably the most difficult kind of jump in ctb and the window of time the catcher has to react when the 2nd fruit is caught is way too small. Either expand the window of time the catcher has to react after catching the second fruit or turn it into a hyper please. Map is wahrheit btw.
-Ryuujii-
i already gave too many stars for this since a year ago, i don't think we will ever see a change.
woodrow kelvin
:'c
Vincs
Saten's mapping is so hard because of that, if only there was a lock kind of thing like on the old version ...