forum

Movie Avatar Week Competition 2013 [And the winner is...]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mianki

*Artwork by Mara

It's that time of year again where you guys wear awesome movie avatars for 1 week and that person who has the most awesomest avatar gets one month of supporter! You guys will select that avatar by voting of course and this year, please don't vote your hosts because we are giving away the price. I will be hosting this with my super sexy co-host Mara.

The competition starts right now and winner will be revealed on Friday July 5th. Please read the rules and "How to entry" before making you submission.

Movie Avatar Week Competition 2012

1st Place:
Kafaru with 25 points!

2nd Place:
silmarilen with 16 points!

3rd Place:
Roddie with 13 points!

Shared 4th Place:
GeGGuli and Moonpower with 12 points!

5th Place:
Kanye West with 10 points!

Shared 6th Place:
mm201, ShinseinaTenshi and Elly-Chan with 9 points!

7th Place:
Liiraye with 8 points!

Shared 8th Place:
inverness and UnderminE with 6 points!

Shared 9th Place:
Devalix and dNextGen with 5 points!

Shared 10th Place:
Kuusi, Mercurial and Komeiji-Satori with 4 points!

Shared 11th Place:
Katze and Heibel with 2 points!

12th Place:
reisende with 1 point!

Shared 13th Place:
Igenatius, Ayu, Magicphoenix, Stefan, BRBP and Static Noise Bird with 0 points!
Rules

Rules:

• - The avatar can only be a screencap from the movie or a screencap from the movie's extras e.g. deleted scenes, interviews, bloopers. You cannot edit the image except you can resize, crop and make a frame to the image. The side of the frame can only be up to 1 pixel.

- The avatar can only be from a live action film. If the movie contains animated scenes, you cannot use screencaptures from those scenes.

- You can only submit ONE avatar and you can't change it, so think carefully when submitting yours. Please include the avatar in your post.

- Best avatar will be selected with voting. You can only vote when you enter the competition and you can give 3 votes for different candidates. You give 3 points to your favourite, then 2 points to your second favourite and 1 point to your third. You cannot vote for yourself or vote the same candidate more than once.

- Avatar submitting starts now and avatar submitting ends Tuesday July 2nd 15:00 GMT +3.
    And when the submitting ends, the voting starts. Voting ends Friday July 5th 15:00 PM GMT +3.
How to entry
How to entry:

Write your name, attach the avatar, link a source from the film (preferably IMDB).

Example and my "entry":

Mianki

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/
How to vote
How to vote:

Send a PM when the voting starts to BOTH me and Mara telling who you voted for. You can tell on the thread who you voted for or who you're going to vote for, but if you only posted your vote on the thread, it won't be counted.
Topic Starter
Mianki
And here goes the entries!

Competitors

Devalix

Igenatius

inverness

Ayu

Magicphoenix

GeGGuli

Stefan

BRBP

Kanye West

Kuusi

Static Noise Bird

Katze

dNextGen

UnderminE

reisende

silmarilen

Mercurial

mm201

Roddie

Heibel

Kafaru

Moonpower

ShinseinaTenshi

Elly-chan

Liiraye

Komeiji-Satori

Hosts:

Mianki

Mara
Mara
Alright, bitches! Enjoy the show!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/

guys avoid putting 1px frame like me - this looks like shit
Devalix_old
Iggy
Igenatius

Here is the avatar version:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300854/
Topic Starter
Mianki
Devalix and Igenatius, are those screencaptures from the movies? I'm pretty sure that Igenatius yours is not. If they are not, I'm allowing you to post a new one.

Remember that the avatars has to be screencaps from the movies of from the movies extras.
Devalix_old
Maybe I should read all the rules, gonna change mine in a bit.
Iggy
It's fixed now, my mistake for not reading the rules thoroughly.
Topic Starter
Mianki
All right, thank you guys and good luck :P
UnderminE
Ahh it's that time of the year again~ I remember I got 3rd place or something with a horrible avatar.

I will join once I get home.

Hope people won't vote the movie but avatars.
Ayu
Magicphoenix
why the heck not

Magicphoenix

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248667/
GeGGuli
Topic Starter
Mianki
Oh god GeGGuli :D
One of the good recent Finnish movies though.
Stefan
VoidnOwO
:)
Kanye West
Topic Starter
Mianki
Great avatars, keep 'em coming.

Last year there were 22 submissions (excluding the hosts) but I'm confident that we can top that this year.
Kuusi
Stefan

Just awesome looking. :D
Birdy
Katze
show more