forum

Sound for Level Up!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
REPATHOS
I think it will be great to add sound effect if one levels up in Osu! For these who enjoy level up-ing.
chelly
This most likely belongs in feature requests (http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/4).

In my opinion, I think a level-up sound effect would be kind of annoying and useless, I see no real reason to support this request.
James2250
Moved to FR.

I don't really agree with a sound effect, I do like a notification idea though.
p/2313793
TheVileOne
This would be nice if it came with a fancy notification.
FrzR

TheVileOne wrote:

This would be nice if it came with a fancy notification.
Yup, and with sounds just like PMs.
Luvdic
This is quite pointless to those that have reached lvl 97+, and I'm saying this precisely because it's too easy to reach to lvl 97, but from lvl 97 and up it's too hard, like.... very very very hard, and to make matters worse, map's score has somehow become useless now and so does level.

Anyways, if osu! level is ever going to be an useful, it will have to be changed to represent something else. Perhaps peppy could make new osu! tiers dependent on its ranking (like top tier those that are ranked 1-10, elite tier those that are ranked 11-50, etc etc etc etc etc), and each time a player goes up or down from each of these tiers, a notification could be shown. Well, at least this is more useful than the current "level"
FrzR

Xanandra wrote:

This is quite pointless to those that have reached lvl 97+, and I'm saying this precisely because it's too easy to reach to lvl 97, but from lvl 97 and up it's too hard, like.... very very very hard, and to make matters worse, map's score has somehow become useless now and so does level.

Anyways, if osu! level is ever going to be an useful, it will have to be changed to represent something else. Perhaps peppy could make new osu! tiers dependent on its ranking (like top tier those that are ranked 1-10, elite tier those that are ranked 11-50, etc etc etc etc etc), and each time a player goes up or down from each of these tiers, a notification could be shown. Well, at least this is more useful than the current "level"
well when you reach a level, at least you'll hear that sound of satisfaction out of hard work. :D
benguin
People like when they feel they've been rewarded for their work. I don't see anything wrong with the idea in general. If anything, a whole palooza of things should happen whenever you accomplish something significant imho, like fireworks, etc xD Although it might not be a good idea to do it with the levels since after level 97 or so, it becomes harder to level up. You could do it for every increase in pp perhaps or perhaps other things.
AxE Kestrel
This would be nice imo, especially if it can be customised along with a level up screen.
Imagine the fancy Final Fantasy victory theme coming out of nowhere thanks to your labour.
Sweet essence of victory. :D
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
#userlog?
Dexus
It will be a long time before I would hear something like that.... The level system is pointless aside from telling if someone has scored a lot. I don't think anyone really cares about it (except for newer people I suppose, but that's not really a problem).
MillhioreF
If someone can make an original tune for levelling up (not taken from a game) then this is probably more likely to happen.
Dexus
Take it a step further and do sounds for ranking up and so on, possibly make it a bit more flashy too. Aaannddd of course make it have skin customization (for the sounds at least)
Bara-
Would be cool
At least this would make level-up more worthy
FrzR
I read my old threads lel.

Still supporting this somehow.
piruchan

osu!wiki wrote:

What does Level in my profile actually do?

Absolutely nothing. There is no differences in any way when comparing a Level 100 player against a Level 1 player except the player's own skills and experience of play. There is no handicap for the lower level nor is there an advantage for the higher level (except personal experience and hardware used).
Based on this, I don't think a sound for level up is necessary. And I don't think most players care about their level.

I personally think that level should be deleted, but that's another matter.

Just my 2 cents
Yonaton

piruchan wrote:

osu!wiki wrote:

What does Level in my profile actually do?

Absolutely nothing. There is no differences in any way when comparing a Level 100 player against a Level 1 player except the player's own skills and experience of play. There is no handicap for the lower level nor is there an advantage for the higher level (except personal experience and hardware used).
Based on this, I don't think a sound for level up is necessary. And I don't think most players care about their level.

I personally think that level should be deleted, but that's another matter.

Just my 2 cents
Well the level is satisfactory, Makes it seems like you are making progress
[ -Harasho- ]
Maybe this would be great with some kind of system to unlock songs or something depending on your level but i think this will never happen
[Valkyrie]
i like this idea +1 for you xD
it can be great in like a skin ;o
Nathan
Pretty much pointless since level is irrelevant but it's nice