forum

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Well, since nothing furthermore said, It's time for the Kingdom Hearts skin to launch!

Download: Kingdom Hearts COM.zip
nintendoto
wow...
Sinistro
Aren't these icons too small to use effectively without having to enlarge them to a pixelated mess?
awp
you can probably find high-res graphics to use from the PS2 remake

I don't personally see why sprites need to be used, but a card silhouette would make for a good hitcircle.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

you can probably find high-res graphics to use from the PS2 remake

I don't personally see why sprites need to be used, but a card silhouette would make for a good hitcircle.
yeah, but sprites are my thing. And unlike 31Gabe, who just enlarges it to a moutain of pixles, I plan carefully.

But what could the keyblade be used for? A sliderball or a spinner?
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Well, the first things I finished are the fonts and 3 of the countdown sprites.

I know it will look like a pixleated mess, but like I said, I plan carefully.

Besides, there GBA sprites.

awp
I don't know but I use a Keyblade (Kingdom Key) as my actual windows cursor so you can always do that.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Well, I got a lot of it done:

reversearrow
meter
spinner
and more

but I'm still getting more of it done.

awp
. uh

the pixellation on the Card Break looks really sloppy to be honest, as does the x behind it. And the cursor is pointing down? That'd fuck with your head. Mine works like a mouse cursor; points up and left.

Lifebar is workable, but in my opinion unimaginitive. Also, random. I mean, there are lifebars in KH. Why not use that to give it an actual KH feel, and not just an eclectic mix of KH graphics?
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

. uh

the pixellation on the Card Break looks really sloppy to be honest, as does the x behind it. And the cursor is pointing down? That'd fuck with your head. Mine works like a mouse cursor; points up and left.

Lifebar is workable, but in my opinion unimaginitive. Also, random. I mean, there are lifebars in KH. Why not use that to give it an actual KH feel, and not just an eclectic mix of KH graphics?
Okay, you got me in a pickle, but here's my thoughs:

1. The X behind the Cardbreak is the same one that I used from the template skin, in fact, that IS the X from the template skin, only the black outline is gone. And maybe I should tell you that: It's not Pixleated, it's enlarged. But you CAN help me out on that.

2. No matter which direction the cursor will point down, I really don't know...

3. I decided to use the KH: Com lifebar and since I have to, I created the background myself...

Well, maybe I'll just drop off a few more pic and then I'll get back to work on the skin.

Saturos

Dark Deception wrote:

It's not Pixleated, it's enlarged.
/thread
awp
equip the Scan ability imo
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
More stuff on deck!

Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Thrown in skinned mods!

These below are the examples, but I'll tell you what they mean:

Feeble Darkness=Easy
Almighty Darkness=Hardrock
Moment's Reprieve=Nofail
Key to Truth=Sudden Death
Moogle Room=Relax *Kupo*
False Bounty=Hidden
Sleeping Darkness=Halftime
Looming Darkness=Doubletime
Wadadon card=Taiko *Do I have to ask?*

That's all of them, 'cept the No video one...

Sakimichi

Saturos wrote:

Dark Deception wrote:

It's not Pixleated, it's enlarged.
/thread
True furthermore, the enlarger items are not in the right proportion [makes my eyes water imho] You could re pixelate it [trace] so it wont look blurry on the edge and try adjusting it not to wide not to long but on the right proportion. ;)
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Can anyone tell Devkit4384 to create the Ranking letters from the Kingdom Hearts 2's gummi ship missions for me? Even make an X, XH and SH rank from scratch?
awp

Dark Deception wrote:

Can anyone tell Devkit4384 to create the Ranking letters from the Kingdom Hearts 2's gummi ship missions for me? Even make an X, XH and SH rank from scratch?
Can you? =x Either make or tell
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Well, I decided to use the Kingdom Hearts text I downloaded and place with the other text files, but I'm going to show you one of them as a teaser.

Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
I done some revamping.

awp
Task complete? I don't recall there being tasks in CoM =x

Also for the 100Beat, 300Beat and 300Elite Beat you should use the Key to __________ cards???
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old

awp wrote:

Task complete? I don't recall there being tasks in CoM =x

Also for the 100Beat, 300Beat and 300Elite Beat you should use the Key to __________ cards???
For the pass and fail sprites, I thought that I would use the whole call the sections 'tasks' in this skin.

And yeah. I'm using cards as hit sprites.
awp
the hit300g you posted, imo, is not optimal - it's just the 300, but filled in, basically. That's why I mentioned the "Key To __________" cards (I forget their actual names, but they're something like Key To Beginning, Key To Heart, Key to Something - idk, there's also Key to Treasure but that's not necessary as you have the other 3).
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
You mean:

Key of beginnings, key of Guidence and Key to the truth?
awp
That sounds about right. Haven't played CoM in a few years and couldn't read the japanese when I played ReCoM so it's been a while for me.
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
About the 300g, I type in 'Critical hit' and left the 100k and 300k unedited... Maybe typing in 'hit' is suffice?
awp

Dark Deception wrote:

About the 300g, I type in 'Critical hit'
That seemed kind of unimaginative imo when there are better alternatives
Topic Starter
Dark Deception_old
Skin launched! Go to the first post.
hunnykilla
What i like about this skin is the song selection screen, the background. Ranking screen, and the cursor is alright too. Coundown, beats and the slider look okay.
Vic
But...Bu-but-but its pixelated =(
show more