posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TicClick
Explain the issue you are having:
The resnapping tool works incorrectly.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

• 0. Use Beat snap divisor 1/4
    1. Add an uninherited offset with, say, 140 BPM and place some notes on white ticks
    2. Increase BPM a bit (141 will work), then click Timing → Resnap All Notes. If you put enough of them (about 7-10), at a certain point you will see that they become snapped not to white ticks (not even to blue ones, as expected), but to 1/16th instead:

(with 1/16th active)
Lust
Does this occur with only the beatmap you're editing or is it global with the rest of the things you try to edit?
TheVileOne
It's not just that, but resnapping sections just ignores what you have the setting set to. If the notes are very badly off, then it will just snap to a different beatsnap divisor instead.
Topic Starter
TicClick
yeah, as TVO mentioned, it happens on any map one is trying to fix timing on, but the problem is that it has always been resnapping notes with respect to active beat snap divisor, and now I have to manually check for notes that are off.
Aleks719
confirm that, had that problem before. i think it should become snapped to active beat snap divisor(1/1, 1/4), not closest ones(1/12 or 1/16)
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
but if it snapped to the active BSD, it'd break 1/3 notes in a song mostly using 1/4..

edit: maybe i should use 1/12 to snap ww
Kuronoya
What just happened to me has to do with the resnapping tool, too... It's different, but. Well, I think it's worth mentioning somewhere, just not in a new thread. Especially since it decided to fix itself.

Simply, I was trying to fix the timing on a new map. I only adjusted the offset, actually, from 370 to 365, and checked both "Snap objects to new timing" and "Resnap slider lengths". When I went to test directly after, it was on just long enough for me to see the followpoints lead off-screen, then osu! crashed. Similar to the recent broken sliders problem, I suppose. It displayed one of those crash reports, but I think that might've crashed, too;; When I restarted it, the map was still screwed up, so I tried to recreate it by making a new slider, changing the offset back, checking the same settings, and testing again... They decided to return before I even tested;; A few sliders had shortened, but pulling the last point on them fixed that. It's back to how it originally was. o: Mentioning something (in probably the wrong place) that fixed itself may be pointless, but, well. Here's to the possibility that someone has experienced a similar problem. ^^;
Saturnalize
I got the same problem, when changing offset and clicked "Resnap All Notes", it doesn't do anything.
woc2006
Consider that your map may contains 1/4 and 1/3 beat notes, resnap tool automatically resnap notes to nearest beat and will ignore your current beat divisor.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

woc2006 wrote:

Consider that your map may contains 1/4 and 1/3 beat notes, resnap tool automatically resnap notes to nearest beat and will ignore your current beat divisor.
even so it shouldn't use 1/16..

for example, a 200bpm map 1/16 is 19ms, if a note is off for >=10ms it will be snapped to the wrong 1/16th, and 1/12th also matters

..how about making a new dialog to select the active beat snap divisor

话说我用什么英文 四暗刻
Topic Starter
TicClick

woc2006 wrote:

I am afraid that resnapping loses its meaning, then. Adding a "Consider 1/3rd beats" checkbox (or something like this) would have been better than a blind snapping to inactive beat divisor.
peppy

Loli Cjj wrote:

I got the same problem, when changing offset and clicked "Resnap All Notes", it doesn't do anything.
In this situation, you should use the F6 panel to change the offset, and select to "scale notes in place" rather than snap. or you can check the checkbox on the timing screen (F3) which does the same thing. Both avoid the need to resnap all notes.

I agree with the behaviour that previously existed (using the selected divisor). If there are special cases, you shouldn't be resnapping all notes. This is a very dangerous function that should be used with care - that's why it's red in the menu. I'll change it back.