forum

North America osu!standard Tournament [SapphireGhost Wins!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Texas 7oast
Awesome, glad I got in. This will be a lot of fun.
Kanye West
I'm confident that gladi and kriers will pick good maps

I hope
GladiOol

Kanye West wrote:

I hope
which maps did you hate again?
benguin

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

benguin wrote:

Oh nice, me and my opponent are pretty evenly matched up :) that is unless one of us has a pp rank that isn't an accurate reflection of our skill xD
I know the guy IRL, you'll be fine =P

Good luck to all~
Thanks for the confidence boost xD Although, you never know, perhaps my pp shows me as being overrated and perhaps my pp should actually be worse xP
Kanye West

GladiOol wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

I hope
which maps did you hate again?
All of your maps
benguin
I'm expecting a lot of Gladi maps now :P
haxsu
I'm going against JAKACHAN...

It was nice knowing you guys xD
benguin

RIP wrote:

RIP
SapphireGhost
Group X (YayMii, SapphireGhost): Saturday, June 22nd, 4:30 PM Pacific Time
lkwr
good luck all :3
Bweh
tfw Nitro first round
_dog
Milly get pwnt
Raging Bull
Good luck all

RIP wrote:

Well after my opponent and I play, whoever wins would go against either you or JAKACHAN. gg already :(
Kethsar

Raging Bull wrote:

Good luck all

RIP wrote:

Well after my opponent and I play, whoever wins would go against either you or JAKACHAN. gg already :(
Oh wow, really? I didn't even notice... Good luck against JAKA, Raging Bull. ;)
Raging Bull
Nah you have a good chance. My scores are mainly like retries. I'm not really good at FC first time haha.
blissfulyoshi
Group N (Nyanderson-kun, blissfulyoshi): Sunday, June 23rd, 12:30 PM Pacific Time
Esti

Kanye West wrote:

I hope
Frostmourne's Shihori maps pls :3c
pielak213
Group L: (excellionn, pielak213-): Friday, June 21st, 3:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

yes it's right when it's june 21st

log: http://puu.sh/3gvwg.txt
YodaSnipe
Mittenz should add me to ref list along with commentators :)
Porsche
Group AA: (Porsche, TRIYP): Saturday, June 22nd, 1:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
Triskelion91
Group A: (Makar, Triskelion91): Saturday June 22nd, 5:00 PM central time
Makar
lul first person on the list
Nyquill
Group M: (Nyquill, Side Pocket): Sunday, June 23rd, 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
JAKACHAN

RIP wrote:

Playing with a playstyle I just picked up like a day ago. Don't give up too soon my friend.
Topic Starter
MMzz
map pool is now up for round 1.
uzzi
Group AC (- [ U z z I ] - , Angusman): Saturday, June 22nd 9:00PM Mountain Time
SapphireGhost

Loctav wrote:

5-2. Selection out of mod-specific brackets is limited. Each captain can only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during match. So each team can pick 1 HardRock, 1 Hidden and 1 DoubleTime map during match.
This rule from owc should still apply if we're going to use mod-specific maps.
YodaSnipe
Before anyone yells at me, I'm not a player in this tournament, and these are just my suggestions for maps in the later rounds :)

I will say that a lot of these maps are good choices, but some are... confusing.

Some of the no-mod maps are so geared towards HR and or DT players (especially considering the players in this tournament many of which have HR/DT'd these maps). I feel like the maps that have very few mod scores would be better overall choices (or maps with only HD scores perhaps).

Let's look at some of the Mod maps.

HD:
- Almagest is a good choice, but may be too hard an HD map for first round. Good choice anyways. More like this in later rounds.
- Courage to tell a lie has HR/DT written all over it.

HR:
- Mercenary is kinda odd, because the mod split on this one is pretty even between DT and HR, but tons of HD scores. I guess this is ok as an HR map.
- bloomin' feeling is a perfect HR map. Great choice. More like this for HR in my opinion.

DT: Although I personally love both these maps (look at the top 10 for proof LOL), as first round DT maps, they are just fine. In the later rounds -closer to quarter finals, etc- I would suggest DT maps that are easy to mess up because of combos like 3-1-3-1-3-1-1, etc (kriers and gladi know what I mean for sure).

Edit: SG's post above is a good idea. It prevents players that are only good at one mod from playing the other mods they may be terrible at.
GladiOol

YodaSnipe wrote:

Some of the no-mod maps are so geared towards HR and or DT players (especially considering the players in this tournament many of which have HR/DT'd these maps). I feel like the maps that have very few mod scores would be better overall choices (or maps with only HD scores perhaps).
Difficulty will slowly increase over the maps, we've started of ''easier'' than the owc first rounds, seeing how there's a bigger group of players with variating difficulty. We'll slowly increase the level though, don't worry about that.

YodaSnipe wrote:

HD:
- Almagest is a good choice, but may be too hard an HD map for first round. Good choice anyways. More like this in later rounds.
- Courage to tell a lie has HR/DT written all over it.
Courage to tell a lie is sexier with HD imo, as it brings out the slider 1/1 pause slider patterns out better.

YodaSnipe wrote:

HR:
- Mercenary is kinda odd, because the mod split on this one is pretty even between DT and HR, but tons of HD scores. I guess this is ok as an HR map.
- bloomin' feeling is a perfect HR map. Great choice. More like this for HR in my opinion.
I don't see how a score list on a map says if the map is good for DT, HR or HD. Mercenary is one of those maps which can be used with all of these mods.

YodaSnipe wrote:

DT: Although I personally love both these maps (look at the top 10 for proof LOL), as first round DT maps, they are just fine. In the later rounds -closer to quarter finals, etc- I would suggest DT maps that are easy to mess up because of combos like 3-1-3-1-3-1-1, etc (kriers and gladi know what I mean for sure).
As said and is logical, we'll slowly increase the difficulty of the maps. Don't worry~
YodaSnipe

GladiOol wrote:

As said and is logical, we'll slowly increase the difficulty of the maps. Don't worry~
I believe in you Gladi <3
Texas 7oast
Group Q Friday the 21st at 7:00 P.M. GMT -6
Hika
Group U (rmanz, Hika): Saturday, June 22nd, 9:00PM Central Time
_dog
Group E (TheGrimOfCrazy, MillhioreF): Saturday, June 22nd, 9:00PM Eastern Standard Time
pielak213
http://puu.sh/3huZX.jpg
what happens if score is exactly tied?
Ohrami

pielak213- wrote:

http://puu.sh/3huZX.jpg
what happens if score is exactly tied?
The score in this picture isn't tied. :)
pielak213
i know it isnt but it's close enough

will it be possible to have 10 matches or will it count as a win for both
Topic Starter
MMzz
If you tie you have to play big money with DT. Ok no.
We could count it as a win for both players, or play the map again, or make that score null. I think counting it as a win for both sides is fair.
winber1
Not sure if - O n i - posted, but we decided that we would have out match on Saturday June 22, at 10PM EST (Group P)
Sync
i hope i can somehow play against winber again as a rematch

god dammit i was so tired when we played
winber1
I thot i was going to lose that match, and then i was like okay. Who knows i might have some horrible day and lose round 1 :(
show more