forum

Smite

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rukario
Now, please I have not seen any threads on Smite on this subforum yet, so let me introduce you into the game Smite:

Smite Introduction

This video explains very well what Smite is, but let's put it into words again.
Most of you know MOBAs, like League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth or DoTa 2. Smite takes this concept and turns it around. It takes the concept and the strategy of MOBAs and combines it with 3rd person controls, which should be familiar to everyone if you ever played World of Warcraft.

Now, this game is being developed by Hi-Rez, (which you might know from Tribes: Ascend) and the game is currently in open beta, so everyone can play the game. There is currently a patch every week and a new god (hero/champion equivalent) every 2/3 weeks. There are currently 37 gods in the game.
I've fallen in love with this game, which did not happen with any other MOBA. Even if you do not enjoy MOBAs like LoL, give it a try anyways. It could turn out great.

Play for Free at smitegame.com

Hi-Rez also has two 24/7 twitch.tv channels during the weekdays. One for casual plays and viewer games and one for competitive. Things like Patch Previews will be held there and giveaways. At the weekend there are the US and EU Smite tournaments, hosted by Hi-Rez. The Winner gets 1000 $ for the win in this week.

Casual
Competitive

PS: I will update this OP post later with more information. If you want to contact me or want me to explain things, contact me here in the forum or in Smite under the name "Rukario".
bmin11
I'll be picking up this game as well. I've been playing something similar to this before (TPS + MOBA), so I think I'll have the same joy with this game.
Cropzy
Oh look another one of these.....
Vulf
I've been playing Smite since closed beta. It's okay. Definitely something I can't play often because it's not that interesting to me.
bmin11
Well, I've tried and it was interesting, but it ended there. It really just feels like having a different camera angle from regular MOBA game :/
foulcoon
I played 2 games, and decided I'd rather play Dota 2
Vulf
Usually don't bump threads this old, but making a new thread seems pointless.

Anyways probably going to start playing this game over league now. Currently level 8 if any new or new-ish people want to play with me. :)

IGN: Vulf
neonat
I tried it in open beta before, still have the game, ign Novareux
Ceph23
Actually looks interesting. Maybe I'll try it.
Vulf
Oh nice! I'm out of town for Holiday currently so I probably won't be able to play until later this week. :(

I get about 130ish ping to the Europe region so I can swap the region to there if needed, though someone mentioned region locked being disabled so it probably won't matter so much. If anyone who has been playing for awhile can confirm or deny that would be great since having 70-80 ping difference every other game is odd sometimes lol.
- L A U R A -
IGN LiiMO
If somebody of you want's a conquest match with me (I would prefere to play loki) just ask me Ingame
Somehow this game catched my attention... The community is not bad... WELL SHUT UP I LOVE THIS DAMN GAME, I LOVE THE BUGS, HOW IMBA FREYA IS, BUGS ARE AWESUME, DOGE WOW AWESOME, INFILTRATOR SKIN AWESUME, BOOBS, LOKI.
i'm looking forward to play with you guys :D
Vulf
I already own 2 Fenrir skins. haha

Added everyone who posted their IGN's here. I'm only level 10 so yeah. :(
- L A U R A -

Vulf wrote:

I already own 2 Fenrir skins. haha

Added everyone who posted their IGN's here. I'm only level 10 so yeah. :(
I own two skins too :D 1 Neith and the awesome Infiltrator skin...
(but i'm noob so yeah xD)
Somehow I don't get how to add a person ._. maybe i'll get it someday
Vulf
When you bring up your friends list it's the green + button to the right of the "Friends" at the top or directly under the down arrow that's next to your name. xD
- L A U R A -

Vulf wrote:

When you bring up your friends list it's the green + button to the right of the "Friends" at the top or directly under the down arrow that's next to your name. xD
Oh God this should be obvious ._. Stupid me D:
Vulf
Anyone else get a lot of games like this? I'm still pretty low level, but dang this game was both hilarious and frustrating.

Yes we lost lol
ursa

Vulf wrote:

Anyone else get a lot of games like this? I'm still pretty low level, but dang this game was both hilarious and frustrating.

Yes we lost lol
dat neith being feeded :o
Vulf
LOL. To be fair I was just as fed if not more most of that game. Problem is most of the people on my team was new to the moba genre so it was hard to get them to understand what needed to be done. Probably could have won the game if I split pushed more, but meh thats boring. xD
Navizel
Why is Fenrir fucking op
Vulf
People only really think he is OP because of his 3 escapes/gap closers. Other than that he has been nerfed a ton since release and just recently with the changes to all the penetration items. :(
South
i came in second fora tournament for this and got 2000 gems

is that a lot?
should i start playing?
(the tournament was at a giant LAN and every1 at the lan was totally bad at MOBAs)
Vulf
If you can make money off of a game (especially if it's a popular genre that has a decent competitive scene) then go for it. Just look at how much money people make off league of legends. Though it will be a very long time until smite gets to the point league is at (if ever). Definitely has the potential though.
- L A U R A -

Vulf wrote:

If you can make money off of a game (especially if it's a popular genre that has a decent competitive scene) then go for it. Just look at how much money people make off league of legends. Though it will be a very long time until smite gets to the point league is at (if ever). Definitely has the potential though.
Smite is something new with it's camera. I think it will get attention someday, a friend of mine really likes Smite, even though he played LoL (Diamond 1 or something). To quote him: "It isn't perfect, but makes so much fun. It still needs much work and some ballance." He also likes the community.
And with the ballance thing, I have to agree with the ballance (Zeus and Freya per example, or Chaac) but it isn't bad. Some items aren't really... Polynomicon *uurgh*... at least Quins got nerfed. And Matchmakeing, Servers and on are also a bit troublesome (Got in a few games with only Level 30 Players... and then again with some players without mastery that run into towers at the beginning of the game)
I got the feeling that it will get a good game
- L A U R A -

Navizel wrote:

Why is Fenrir fucking op
Fenrir can be a really challenging god... He just can be really annoying with his escapes and brutalize is really strong, but Neith would be stronger compared to him. Her CC, ability to heal herself, backflip with the weaves and that worldwide ultimate is just... OP. Same with Apollo...
show more