forum

Double time and Half time sliders [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Setsunax
I'm not sure if this has been requested before, but i don't think it has.
You know how it is when a beatmap is too slow for you and you want to apply double time, but then it becomes too fast? Or like when you actually do apply double time but you would like it to be a bit faster?
I think it would be a good idea that you could yourself choose how much faster or slower you would want the beatmap to be. Example:

You could adjust the slider to make it exactly the speed you want. The more you increase the speed, the higher your score multiplayer would be.
Example: Normal double time (2,0x) increases your score from 1,00 to 1,12x. If you used 3,0x speed your score would increase from 1,00 to 1,18x. If you wanted to play with 1.5x speed your score multiplayer would be 1,6x, and so on.

The half time slider:
If you choose half time (0,5x) your score multiplayer is 0,30x. If you used 0,2x your score multiplayer would be 0,12x, and so on.

Get the idea? If you don't, please reply telling me exactly what you don't get. I'm horrible at explaining things xD
I don't know why, but i have the feeling that people for some reason aren't going to like this idea, but i'm just putting it out there. It's just my oppinion on what i myself think would be good to see in osu. Please tell me why you disagree if you do, i'm completly open for constructive criticism :)

PS: Yes, i am aware that the example picture i made looks like it was made by a 6 yr old child who just started school and that the quality is bad. I don't have any good programs to make it look fancy. But i don't really think that's needed. It's only meant to give you a small idea of what i'm thinking about, and i hope you understood :)
TheVileOne
t/103530 Duplicate, but your idea is much more detailed. I have to go with the most stars.
Topic Starter
Setsunax
Thank you for your reply:) I didn't know it had already been requested.