forum

[HD] Full Color 1.8 [10 June 2013]

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Weezy-
Wow! This skin looks awesome. Especially the cursor! :)
One thing I would change is the intensity of star.png because they look kinda pale. :/
In my opinion it would look better if they would be, like the rest of the skin, full colored. ;)
loldcraft
The rainbow mania keys are new, also not a bad cursor.
Is it also possible to release a version that doesn't look so "white"? (or maybe its just my monitor screwing up the screenshots...)
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
oh, you mean those overbright screenshots? I took those in the middle of a shader effect. Also I added an overlay lighting for screenshots.
It doesn't look that white when you're actually using it. But if you want a darker version, I'm planning to make one.
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
bump for the biggest update so far. 1.7 is now up. this is actually enough to make a v2 Also, Full Color is now fully animated. followpoint, hitbursts, lightingL, lightingN, and sliderfollowcircle are all animated. AnimationFramerate is now set to 60.

I'm sorry I forgot to change star.png. Next version~~
Golfdinger

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

bump for the biggest update so far. 1.7 is now up. this is actually enough to make a v2 Also, Full Color is now fully animated. followpoint, hitbursts, lightingL, lightingN, and sliderfollowcircle are all animated. AnimationFramerate is now set to 60.

I'm sorry I forgot to change star.png. Next version~~
Aren't .osk files essentially renamed .zip files? That'd mean you have a .zip of a .zip
Axel
i wouldn't use this for osu!mania. The 300 200 100 And miss... are very distracting and cover the middle up. Would be better to have the Numbers Colored. Other than that its a great theme. Im using this. But not for osu!mania untill this is fixed.
BlanksonnG
Wow so beautiful!
Immaterial_old
Excellent
fanytiffany_07
the BEST skin I ever use *-*

AAAA >A<

LOVE IT VERY VERY BADLY!!! <3 <3 <3

(I'm sorry, I'm too hysterical right now :| )

I will recommend this skin for my friends :oops:

GOOD JOB (y)
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
@Golfdinger, yeah, I have my reasons. 1: to prevent osu! from deleting the osk. 2: so I can rename the zips to Full Color <version>.zip and keep the actual osk named Full Color.osk (since the filename of the osk will be used as the folder name)
@Axel, I don't play osu!mania that much anymore, so I used these so that the result screen looks good .w. if you want a more play-friendly version, either download 1.6 since the mania hitbursts there are easier to play with, or wait for me since I'm making something for you right now.

EDIT: osu!mania animated hitbursts are now available. It contains a regular 500x100 set and an HD 1000x200 set. Full Color 1.8 will already be a semi-HD skin.
StickyPicky
AWESOME!! O.o
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
eehhh...... I like your avatar, newtoniorock8. :))))))

haha anyways. can some supporter dude give me a screenshot of the main menu screen? I can't really make a matching background :<<
or you could just gift me one hahaha jk

also wait, if I play with nightcore mod, do you guys think that YouTube will still be able to match it with anything copyright-protected?? I really want to put a video preview on the thread cause it looks nice :<
StickyPicky

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

eehhh...... I like your avatar, newtoniorock8. :))))))
lol. i just got it in your Full Color skin~ so, thanks >.< well, this is my old avatar so i change it =.=
pls skin Catch the beat ~
Kyon97
the cursor so amazing
rate 10/10
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
haha lol sure, hopefully I'll be able to include some ctb elements for 1.8 as well.

actually, I already made HD fruits. Now I have to make an animated ryuuta. hmmm... oh no I need to make a character. :<
MatthewRobo
Half of these are probably the fault of my own incompetence.
I am also very impatient; chances are, my writing lacks a certain eloquence in style or cohesiveness or just being plain fucking readable.

First thing I noticed it that it slightly reminds me of my High Calm skin. I'll mark that as coincidence.
Second thing, mouse tends to be very subtle and while you can find it, it's very plain and transparent compared to the rest of the skin.
Hitbursts are cool, but a long stream, like in Mendes, tends to produce a messy effect.
It's a good skin, but I don't give feedback just to gush over the good things. That's was being asian does.

THE COLORS OH GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

*MatthewRobo coughs.
Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
What's new in Full Color Skin 1.8~
Full Color Skin is now HD.
Most elements now have their high resolution versions. Some are still not finished, so for now, it's still partially HD. Due to the significant increase in filesize, I also uploaded a Lite version, where all HD elements are excluded.

A complete osu!mania redesign.
All osu!mania elements now look better and cleaner. Basically everything is new except the scorebar. I also made major .ini changes, which includes the thicker lines and centered platform (for 16:9 screens by default). I included a guide in the OP on how to center the osu!mania stage for any screen resolution.

CTB is now skinned.
Full Color 1.8 features basic support for catch the beat. All fruit sprites (+overlays) are now skinned, including their HD versions as well. This is my first attempt to skin CTB so I don't know if the sprites I made are play-friendly. I need some feedback so I can improve them since I don't play CTB.

Various UI redesigns.
A lot of elements are redrawn, which includes the redesign of song selection screen (again). I made a new button background, together with a new difficulty bar. The hitbursts are now smaller, and comes with HD versions. Some elements are still experimental though, which means I'm just testing whether it's better to play with it or not.

Next Version (Edited)
Watch out for Full Color Skin 1.9~
These are the things that are left unfinished/planned to do. I'll post it here so I won't forgot them.
  1. Full Color 1.9 will be fully HD
  2. expect a new fruit-ryuuta, hopefully I'll be able to make an animated character! (ugghhhh this is hopeless)
  3. I might make a new scorebar to match osu!mania, right now I'm waiting for updates on the new scorebar.
  4. new hitcircle font...?
  5. new elements: those stuff which still aren't HD will be redrawn/modified
  6. new sliderfollowcircle and sliderball
  7. new lightingL and lightingN
  8. new set of taiko elements
  9. new mod icons...?
  10. new taiko font...?
  11. ctb fruits will have the same (or almost the same) sprites

That's it. Download it now. Link's on the OP.

Edit: damn, I totally forgot about updating my skin. Guess I'll start HDfying moar elements.
ripmyacc
[Deleted commentary]
r E s P
skin nice and very impressive
HildasXD
the skin really good>< I love it!
Topic Starter
jemhuntr

HildasXD wrote:

the skin really good>< I love it!

Hi peoples. I added a dropbox link to a folder synchronized to my currently used skin folder. After a month of inactivity, I decided to start working on 1.9. With this, you could check out all the new elements I add. But don't expect it to be updated every once in a while. Also, expect to see some elements by other people. I usually get some cursors from cursor packs or from random threads (but I never take elements from skins) and experiment which plays the best.
Right now, the entire folder is still exactly the same as Full Color 1.8 (except for the ini).
[Luxord]
Best skin ever. Well done, sir.
Rio-
AWESOME!! I'll try using it from Now XD
Cobra
I love how the mods look, awesome skin.
Topic Starter
jemhuntr

Cobra wrote:

I love how the mods look, awesome skin.
Actually, I don't like how the mods look hahaha
xxSkyxx_old
Nice Skin Downloading it Now :)
Shirai Kuroko
nice one
RA272Nirvash
wow =D
i just fell in love with your skin, or rather with taiko.
you opened my myes to a completly new way how i could skin taiko, i was way to fixated on the original...
your taiko is just wow. xD

i now will have a lot of fun to skin taiko in my SnK skin xD
NatSumE_KuN
..awesome skin.. :D i like the cursor..
..keep up the good work.. :D
buffyfan
Well...
I have questions again.

First: what is the difference between the two download links
Second: must I pay something if I download something

and which download server to you advise me?

thank you for helping me
and sorry for my bad englisch >.<
deadbeat

buffyfan wrote:

First: what is the difference between the two download links
the lite version doesn't have any HD elements. SD only

buffyfan wrote:

Second: must I pay something if I download something
nope, it's free

buffyfan wrote:

and which download server to you advise me?
i'd use mediafire myself, but that's because i know that site. both do the same thing :)
buffyfan
Thank you :D

EDIT: and how can I open it q.q im too stupid for this computer stuff :3 I'm so sorry

EDIT AGAIN: I have it now ... well that shows you how stupid I am XDDDDD

well the skin is really pretty
I love it ^^
Great Job
Muzika
whenever i put a different version of it onto the game, it replaces the one before it :(
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
Go to your skins folder and rename the folders differently so the new ones won't override files on the old one.
Vlerias
good i like it
RevolverSkyVR
It looks cool :D
But when i download it, it comes in a Beatmap format and regardless i put it in a carpet in the Skins folder, it doesn't load :(
What am i doing wrong? :1
Topic Starter
jemhuntr

TheSkyVR wrote:

It looks cool :D
But when i download it, it comes in a Beatmap format and regardless i put it in a carpet in the Skins folder, it doesn't load :(
What am i doing wrong? :1
it's in a zip folder. Extract the folder into your Skins folder.

// haha lol my thread got revived
// hello osu!, long time no see :D
puxtu
Dling.....
Trick Witch
Is it ok if i do a video review on this skin :?
Trick Witch
and i took a picture of the spin but it's kinda gone-ish
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtfz92y7fsbf7 ... 6.png?dl=0
show more