forum

can you play osu! at school?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dekonare

Ijah wrote:

I could never play osu! at college, they had Windows 7 running on 3GB RAM, Pentium 4 (1 core @ 2.4Ghz) and NO VIDEO CARD.
We had Windows XP running on 2(?)Gb RAM and Core 2 Duo until they decided to buy new computers. New computers have Windows 7 running on 12Gb RAM, hexa-core Intel Xeon CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz and Nvidia Quadro 2000. We also have not so good computers running Windows 7 on 8Gb RAM, quad-core Intel Xeon CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz and ATI FirePro V4800.

Then we have class full of Macs but they're shitty.
[Maid] NekoRyo
yeah i can play osu at my school...but it need bigger monitor screen >.<
FrzR
i play osu! at school with my android. XD
Jeroen Mathon
Well the school computers are blocked.
But with "FANTA" as Administrative Password It would be possible.
"Since the system administrators" let me rephrase that "Since the system Baka's" at my school are so stupid to put a password like that on.
I'm sure ill enjoy a nice game of osu! once in a while ;)
Elit3noob
school blocks .exe unknown programs to be open, but on the mac's I don't know how to install osu! :(
Cropzy
I work.
Wok
Yes, always. ; 3 ;

mathexpert
oh god that's a godly gif
*quickly saves onto desktop* >:3
Wok

mathexpert9981 wrote:

oh god that's a godly gif
*quickly saves onto desktop* >:3
I know right? It's so adorable. I just caught myself staring at it for probably about 3 minutes straight. owo
SephRaz
1000% nope
school2strict4u
- O n i -
through laptops

school computers are too crap to play on
Akane Kurashiki

Jeroen Mathon wrote:

Well the school computers are blocked.
But with "FANTA" as Administrative Password It would be possible.
"Since the system administrators" let me rephrase that "Since the system Baka's" at my school are so stupid to put a password like that on.
I'm sure ill enjoy a nice game of osu! once in a while ;)
lol
Lelion
Interesting thread, I thought everyone brought their own laptop to school these days. I usually play at school when I have like 90 minutes free time and also in certain classes. Although I can't connect to bancho, and the mouse I use is so horrible that I can only play at like 30% of my actual skill level.
ZefxMeep
Blocked :(
dewilacie
I save my osu! to flashdisk and play it (if I bring my notebook) at school when teacher doesn't come to class.
Nya-nyan_old
Noop can't play it blocked, but even I could play I won't play it at school -_-
CruzadoqL
I can't, the game and the web aren't blocked in my university, but the internet of there is shit, so I can't login when I'm at the university
Pizzicato
yes but i can't connect to bancho
Timelapse
I can play osu! at school due to the fact that I'm part of a so-called "laptop class" (We are supposed to use them to take notes, but there are a lot of people who tend to use those laptops for something else, e. g. playing during class)
Alucard

Timelapse wrote:

I can play osu! at school due to the fact that I'm part of a so-called "laptop class" (We are supposed to use them to take notes, but there are a lot of people who tend to use those laptops for something else, e. g. playing during class)

Just like those "Sex ED" classes.

am'rite?
Timelapse

Alucard wrote:

Timelapse wrote:

Just like those "Sex ED" classes.

am'rite?
I guess you could say that, albeit we are using these laptops in pretty much every subject besides Maths and P.E. .
Lolicakey
I have my own laptop and my own internet connection...and now I'm at school.
AHUE.
-Itadakimasu
Yeah, I can. Since my professor is letting us to use the computer for entertainment purposes too.
Yuzeyun
Whenever I can.
Aurele
I can't.

Well.. I can but, my school is disabling online game connections.
Setsunax
If i watch a youtube video of someone who plays osu on the school pc's it lags like fuck. so no, i can't. it takes 15 minutes to turn them on and they contantly freez even tho the only program that's open is freaking word. But the answer to your question is probably yes. if you take the file from a usb and then to the program files and run it from there i think it'll be fine. but your school pc/computer system might have a program that blocks the file from being run and/or blocks the online feature. it really depends on the pc/computer system and programs they have installed.
Exw
I can
but it's not comfortable like i play at home
Setsunax

Subaru Takamaru wrote:

I can
but it's not comfortable like i play at home
Yeah, you're right. I need to sit on my own chair and use my own desk and my own laptop, if not, i will fail completly.
Anzo
Yes, as long as I have my laptop and my USB modem because I have an hour and a half break between each subject
MrPop
Maybe not , i didn't have laptop and wi-fi school is suck... it take 10S when you open a google ._.
DJYumene
----