forum

[osu!mania] Custom Speed per BPM

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Kin
Hi ~

Since "AR" dependd to bpm, and osu!mania speed, I think it could be cool to custom osu!mania speed on bpm.

for exemple :

111~120 bpm : 14
121~130 bpm : 13
131~140 bpm : 12
141~150 bpm : 11
151~160 bpm : 10
161~180 bpm : 9

edit : my english is kinda bad
zinckingeye
not bad idea for those who always change their speed for specific bpm.
Marcin
Isn't it already possible with inherited sections?
Topic Starter
Kin

Marcin wrote:

Isn't it already possible with inherited sections?
^ this is for mapping.
custom speed per bpm will be good only for playing
Secretpipe
VERY USEFUL , GO CREATE THAT .

Seriously , if it will be approved , it wil be useful for the osu!mania players !
Rei Hakurei
sounds like "constant speed" feature? (C mods)
iirc woc didn't support it...
xxbidiao
Maybe this would be OK? (Adopted from LR2)

You can let the game automatically select speed for you. You have 2 options and one digit parameter:

Taking a song with a half of 100 bpm and a half of 200 bpm as example:
2 Options:
(1) Maximum-suitable: Game would select speed based on the highest speed. In this case the example song would be considered 200BPM.(Suitable for a song with a whole part quicker or slower)
(2) Average-suitable: Game would calculate average speed and select based on that. example would be 150BPM. (Suitable for a song with only a few SV changes)

1 number represent your preferred speed.
The speed actually chosen would be this number divided by BPM. The higher the BPM the lower the speed game would choose for you.
For example, If you input 1800, in the "Options" part example, when you select Maximum you would get 1800/200=9,When you select average you would get 1800/150=12 speed.

Doesn't that sound good? I think this may become an option like "Smart choose mania speed".

Rei Hakurei wrote:

Not the C speed, because SV changes would still be there, but they are scaled to a speed suitable for the player before the first play.
Bobbias
I like the idea of specifying an ideal speed and having the game pick the closest multiplier under your speed (I say under because if it picks over on something with a high BPM, it can be too fast).

The one problem is that if you only use BPM to select speed SV changes can cause a problem. If it were to work like xxbidiao suggests as the "smart speed" system, it would need to be very easy to override the smart speed choice for a map when you need to. It's too hard to make it work for every possible edge case, so best to let the player take over speed control whenever necessary (and make it easy to turn back on!)

I already adjust my BPM a lot like "smart speed" would, but sometimes I play stuff that it would not work on (converted o2jam charts with many BPM changes and effects, Agka's maps with SV changes, etc.) so making it easy to turn on and off is important (and should be easy to do).
Dolphin

xxbidiao wrote:

Maybe this would be OK? (Adopted from LR2)

You can let the game automatically select speed for you. You have 2 options and one digit parameter:

Taking a song with a half of 100 bpm and a half of 200 bpm as example:
2 Options:
(1) Maximum-suitable: Game would select speed based on the highest speed. In this case the example song would be considered 200BPM.(Suitable for a song with a whole part quicker or slower)
(2) Average-suitable: Game would calculate average speed and select based on that. example would be 150BPM. (Suitable for a song with only a few SV changes)

1 number represent your preferred speed.
The speed actually chosen would be this number divided by BPM. The higher the BPM the lower the speed game would choose for you.
For example, If you input 1800, in the "Options" part example, when you select Maximum you would get 1800/200=9,When you select average you would get 1800/150=12 speed.

Doesn't that sound good? I think this may become an option like "Smart choose mania speed".

Rei Hakurei wrote:

Not the C speed, because SV changes would still be there, but they are scaled to a speed suitable for the player before the first play.
Implementing the LR2 mods for HighSpeed would be amazing! :o
Arrival
Good idea !