forum

Meanwhile in Turkey

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aeidxst
Yeah.

Pardon me for disturbing your funneh time. I'm aware of the fact that this video is not very well fitting for this place. You can lock or anything, I just have to leave this piece of truth here no matter what. Not interested in hearing if someone cares about it or not. It's just about you being aware of it. I confirm the sincerity of this video as someone from the same place. I was there.

If you're interested in, please listen to this guy very carefully.

See you all.
lkwr
türkish government is fucked
Queen Chan
well shit
UnderminE
i was trying to inform OT time to time and honestly i already gave up.

Even though this thread will become a shit thread full of arabic-kebab-herpderp jokes, thanks for the information.
lkwr

UnderminE wrote:

i was trying to inform OT time to time and honestly i already gave up.

Even though this thread will become a shit thread full of arabic-kebab-herpderp jokes, thanks for the information.
this is serious stuff though, nothing to really joke about.
9/11 was one thing but this is pretty fucked
UnderminE
Hope so.
lkwr
Well, atleast I think this is serious
UnderminE
it is really going crazy at the moment.

cops are filling almost all buildings with tear-gas even if there are wounded people and some doctors in those buildings.
Tanzklaue

UnderminE wrote:

it is really going crazy at the moment.

cops are filling almost all buildings with tear-gas even if there are wounded people and some doctors in those buildings.
at this point you have to ask yourself: how paranoid do you have to be to have that much teargas at hand?

it really seems like erdogan expected something like this to happen.
UnderminE
tho they always have shit ton of teargas since they always used it like "oh there is a crowd (2-3 people) over there talking about government let's throw gas tatatatatata tatatat being a police is great, man tatatatat"
lkwr
orange gas?
UnderminE
No, they are not using orange gas. Well, not that illegal one i think. But they are using one orange-coloured gas which has serious side-effects. i heard people saying "it felt like as if my skin was burning and peeling off, i couldn't see for a while, i was half-blind and dizzy. it even makes you faint sometimes."
lkwr
miney, come to sweden we have ikeas and stuff
Topic Starter
Aeidxst

Tanzklaue wrote:

His main cause must be seeing people's reaction so he'll know when he can declare his free dictatorship without fear of the crowd. He is just tempting. Of course it's just my opinion.
lkwr
he's a fag
UnderminE

Aeidxst wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

His main cause must be seeing people's reaction so he'll know when he can declare his free dictatorship without fear of the crowd. He is just tempting. Of course it's just my opinion.
i also support this, since the beginning it always felt like as if he was "testing" the crowd. it still does
UnderminE
Aaand there is a documentary about Hitler on Tv now. heh
Nishiji
Hello.
Long time no see, osu forum.

I just wanna share only 1 photo. If you have a little free time, just check out what happened our country.

Thanks for attention.
UnderminE
i love you

how is izmir?
lkwr
too much blood for my kids..
Mara
So wait, I just woke up so I might go damdamduu, but I'll try to put the whole thing in one sentence;

Turkish people had a peaceful protest, till police forces went LOLKILLEMALL which leads to the biggest bloodfest ever.

?
silmarilen
here's a post from some other forum

wall of text
Guys, I just hope that we could keep this thread peaceful, without bashing each other.

Yes. I've been out in the streets with my friends. I only go home to sleep a bit about 4-5 hours a day.

So, here's a little summary of what I've been experiencing for the last couple of days:

I know the people are having a hard time understanding how fast that peaceful protest turned into a riot on such short notice. The reason is violence against protesters. Trust me, nobody deserved this at the beginning. It was just a couple hundred people taking shifts at the park so that it would be safe from demolishers. They were sleeping in tents, making music, reading, chatting, and laughing at most. Nothing violent or provocative took place. The police force was always there, making sure that things were safe. Then friday, at 5 am, they arrived with bigger numbers. They told people to leave the park so that the demolition could go on. People resisted and immediately after the police left the park, tear gas cannisters started to rain from the sky. Then they got back in the park with gas masks and started to beat up the protesters.

Yes, there was no reason for that. That's why people organised bigger demonstrations all around the country, and even in other countries. Around noon, the police force came back to the square again with even bigger numbers, and they started to shoot cannisters and using water cannons aiming directly at the faces and bodies of the people. The cannisters are deadly when pointed directly at people, you know. The manual says the they should be fired to the ground with a 45 degree angle.

People asked the local authorities to withdraw the police force and stop the tear gas, but they decided to appear on some TV channels, claiming that there was nothing wrong going on in the square, while the PM was speaking about how harmful smoking was in a conference. The police didn't stop, the amount of tear gas they used went way over necessary. So, the people started to flip out, as expected from any human being after being exposed to that much of it. I don't know if you guys ever experienced it first hand, but it is terrible. Just imagine that there's this white smoke all around you, you can't see because every time you try to open your eyes, you feel like someone is stabbing you in the eyes repeatedly. It's impossible to breathe, because every time you open your mouth, you just feel like you ate a handful of chili peppers and imagine that feeling going down to your lungs, instead of your stomach. Now imagine the cannisters being shot every 15-20 seconds. This is NOT for sympathy, it's merely a definition of what i've experienced.

On the contrary of what I read from some users, CHP (the main opposition), BDP (the secondary) and TKP (Turkish Communist Party that is not in the government) were not even there when these were happening. Friday evening around 7 pm, people organised even bigger demonstrations through the social media, without the influence of ANY political party, religion, political figure or views. Everyone was there as civils, they did not stand for any organisation. This is important. The goal was STILL to stop the police and get the PM and the local authorities to apologise.

They said that we were terrorists, vandals, anarchists etc. They said that they would do whatever necessary to keep us out of the square and build the mall at any cost. The police became even more brutal. They trapped people in narrow alleys and gassed them, beat them up over and over again. It was inhumane. There were stray dogs and alley cats affected by the tear gas, unconsciously lying around in the streets.

Me and my boyfriend tried to take shelter in a bar, but they shot cannisters inside and didn't let us leave the place. There were people inside with us that had no interest in demonstrations, and were just out to drink with friends. We ran away after they left to a friend's house in Tophane (a neighborhood just below Taksim) and we were chased by an armed group of people waving their knives and blades at us, chanting "Recep Tayyip Erdoğan", the name of our prime minister.

Yesterday a huge crowd was out in the streets, just because of what happened the day before. Now, what I'm gonna say might sound funny to you, but this is what we've seen throughout all our lives. Whenever there's a demonstration that is slightly bigger than expected, the police force infiltrates the crowd, trying to provoke them into doing violent shit, so that they'll have their reason to attack. Yes, this is a well-known strategy of Turkish Police Force. They tried to do that yesterday too. All the photos that show people vandalising, setting things on fire attacking others are unfortunately both the police disguised AND the people that were easily manipulated. The rest of the crowd tried to stop them as much as they could. They took huge debris that could be used as weapon away from them. The barricades that we built for the tanks were not made from debris of what they destroyed, but from reclaimed police parricades. They set cars on fire and we called the firefighters. They tried to stop them from coming to the square, we stopped them instead.

In the meantime, the police force was doing the same thing they did the day before in Beşiktaş (a district close to Taksim) to stop the people from joining us from there. The amount of gas used exceeded the amount on friday. They DID use expired tear gas, there are photos and videos of the cannisters. They did use an "orange gas" that was INDEED mistaken for "Agent Orange", though thank god it wasn't. There are also photos of 2 bigger gas tanks that has "Toxic" and "Explosive" labels on them.

The violence spread to other cities of resistance: Ankara and İzmir, where people were going through the same stuff as in Beşiktaş and that we have the day before. We tried to move there to help them. Because they were even bombing the houses of local folk that wanted to help the protesters. Some people that had motorcycles and cars nearby drove there to pick them up, but the police didn't let them through, just like they did with the ambulances.

The tear gas they were using there was different. Normally lemon and half-antiacid, half-water solutions cured the burning feeling, but this time they made it worse. We had rashes on our skins, and we couldn't stop the pain in our noses until we snorted a handful of vinegar. I couldn't do anything for my eyes, since I didn't want to risk using vinegar there.

Note that all the said groups were there yesterday. CHP, BDP, TKP, muslims, christians, jews, alewites, atheists, Turks, Kurds, Armenians etc... There were even tourists that had signs in their hands and shouting in Turkish: "Taksim is yours, Istanbul is yours". The provocators tried to seperate us screaming racist slurs, extremely religious comments ets... They destroyed everything they could before they were stopped by the protesters, to trick the public into believing that it was the protesters who were vandalising. It was one day that extreme left wing and extreme right wing stood together.

And this morning, we cleaned up the mess they left behind. We picked up the trash, sweeped aside the debris, organised trashbags and shit. Around 1000 policeman and 20 officers resigned from the police force throughout the country, to join the protesters, saying that the police force and the government must be insane to do this to their own people.

Above all these, our local media is keeping silent. Around 40-45% of the population does not have access to the internet and the PM is keeping the stations from broadcasting any news. There are only 1 web TV and 1 TV cahnnel that do the broadcasting even if it's against the orders of the PM, and the TV station's HQ is surrounded by cops and they're shooting cannisters inside the building everytime they see an open window. People are keeping themselves informed thanks to CNN, Al Jazeera, BBC and Reuters. It's impossible for the people that speak no english or don't have internet at home to know about ANY of these.

We will be out there again today, probably with even more people. Mind that there are also extreme muslims among us who voted for him in the last three elections. They say that they are against capitalism and destruction of cultural and historical values for the sake of the profit of a certain group of people.

So this is the main picture in the streets of Turkey. I hope you understand that we, as protesters have NO interest in violence, we DON'T call ourselves "fighters" of any kind. Even the extreme right wing ,that always favored the army, stands as antimilitarists with us. I assure you that we are NOT the cause of ANY type of violence or provocation and we're doing the best we can to stop the people from doing that.

If you read this far, thank you for your time. You're free to "believe" whatever you think what's going on here, but this is what I'm experienced right now. Please refrain from ANY type of accusations, or speculations and reply respecting each other.

Edit: Here's a video of people that were cornered and gassed in Beşiktaş.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151502368263731

And here's a photo of the mayor on TV. This is Mayor Mutlu. The text below is translated as "There's no negativity in Taksim right now". This was broadcasted right as we were being gassed on friday.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...45724505_n.jpg

If any of the links are broken or something, let me know and I'll fix them as fast as I can.
Cyclohexane
I spread the video around on my Facebook account. Keep making your voice heard, guys.
UnderminE
i must be honest, i really am not trying to change our government. Because there is noone in Turkey except Erdogan for this job. i don't like Erdogan yet i want him to stay there just to keep the country as Turkey. Both ways are horrible, i don't want to live in this country.

i am also scared because most of innocent people are being used by bad people for this resistance. They are brainwashing innocent folks, apolitic people think they are still apolitic, but when you look at what they are doing; it is clear that they are already a part of a large plan. it is sad to see them like that.

This is getting out of control way too much, those bad-people won't stop and break everything they can. The police must stop. The first 2 days were really great, all clean people all innocent people had a reason to stay there, they were enjoying it, singing songs etc. But now it is just ugly, bloody and horrible.

Mara wrote:

So wait, I just woke up so I might go damdamduu, but I'll try to put the whole thing in one sentence;

Turkish people had a peaceful protest, till police forces went LOLKILLEMALL which leads to the biggest bloodfest ever.

?
Yes, at first it was like that. But now it is just a fight between politic sides and groups, plus innocent people being manipulated by them.
Tanzklaue

UnderminE wrote:

i must be honest, i really am not trying to change our government. Because there is noone in Turkey except Erdogan for this job. i don't like Erdogan yet i want him to stay there just to keep the country as Turkey. Both ways are horrible, i don't want to live in this country.
do you have plans on leaving? your english seems to be good enough to live in britain or the states, so it could be an option for you.

also it saddens me to hear that there are no peaceful protesters anymore and it's just a streetwar. as soon as a movement like that gets radical and brutal, it loses its credibility.
UnderminE
i just want to live in a country where people won't treat me as terrorist. Language is not a problem.
Tanzklaue
then you will probably find almost no place to live. maybe southgermany (Baden Würtemberg is nice to foreigners, at least as far as I can tell) or scandinavia. the prejudice against arabic people (sorry if that is the wrong term, no offense intended) rises to disgusting levels at the moment.
silmarilen

UnderminE's userpage wrote:

Hi, I am not Arabic.
anyway, i dont think people will treat you as a terrorist anywhere in europe.
boat
heh denmark and sweden
Tanzklaue

silmarilen wrote:

[quote=UnderminE's userpage wrote]Hi, I am not Arabic.
anyway, i dont think people will treat you as a terrorist anywhere in europe, we are not as "stupid" as some other places in the world.[/quote]
ah, yea, dutch people won't mistreat anyone (not even germans).
generally, from a livingconditions standpoint, you could probably not chose any better place to live in than germany, scandinavia or the netherlands
Kaona
Miney come live with me. <3 I will protect you.

Seriously though, it looks and sounds horrible right now. :/
maal

boat wrote:

heh denmark and sweden
sadly it's true :/

Mara wrote:

?

Mara wrote:

LOLKILLEMALL

Mara wrote:

LOLKILLEMALL
WHY ;___;
Cyclohexane
but e'mall is a cool game
Topic Starter
Aeidxst

Mr Color wrote:

I spread the video around on my Facebook account. Keep making your voice heard, guys.
silmarilen
your prime minister is such an arrogant asshole

also
Seph
stay safe dilek and ali
UnderminE
From my userpage

that Agnes.
<3
DaddyCoolVipper

UnderminE wrote:

From my userpage