forum

CTB Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,123
show more
Harp Note

-Ryuujii- wrote:

well i support this although i know shitt about mapping :3
^

I don't have any stars D:
dbzguru32
It would have been awesome to have this back when I was hopelessly trying to make a few maps.
kisata
Seems only fair. Take a star.
XinCrin
I'm not a CTB mapper but i think that is a good idea
Topic Starter
eldnl
nobody has something to add?
Kin
when add a spinner, see how it's look ? and possibility to change it ?
oh well there is already a req like this no ?
Drafura
Custom droplet density, maybe a tool too make nice curves with them ?

Also saving changes when actually pressing ctrl-S then rebooting the game...... I've lost 4 hours of work, thanks. I don't want to use this build anymore.
Topic Starter
eldnl

Drafura wrote:

Custom droplet density, maybe a tool too make nice curves with them ?

Also saving changes when actually pressing ctrl-S then rebooting the game...... I've lost 4 hours of work, thanks. I don't want to use this build anymore.
Good
Drafura
Also an alternative to custom spinner or spinner patterns could be selecting at least the spinner density (1/16, 1/8, 1/4 or more like 1/6, 1/3 would be nice too).
Teatime_old_1
support \(^o^)/
Lally
more support /o3o/
qwertykool
This is a needed implement. I will say that doing it through the standard isn't too bad (as in, manageable), but it still should be done.
As a side note, taiko also needs a custom interface editor, instead of a live mapping, but that's a different topic...
Zak
Supporting this, I really can't stand how the editor works for ctb
XEPCOH

how i see this
Nanika133

Don Omar wrote:

how i see this
I think it's a good idea but takes too much work for that.
So, as Deif said :

Deif wrote:

Also, I'd like to request to remove in the CTB Editor the value of the vertical distance of the notes, as it's likely useless in order to make a CTB diff (in fact, only the horizontal distance matters).
But instead of removing the Y, we let it only for time. Like in the regular editor but when you move forward the objects fall, and when you move bakward, the objects goes up.

qwertykool wrote:

As a side note, taiko also needs a custom interface editor, instead of a live mapping, but that's a different topic...
+1
qwertykool
Completely agree with Deif and Don. And yeah, if you were to be able to change the vertical difference, the map would be no better, actually, probably worse because it would make the notes hit at a later time or and earlier time depending on placement. The slider idea from earlier is also a great idea. And Drafura's as well... So many good ideas can be achieved with this! Sincerely hope this gets added. I do make CtB maps, but I feel that with this, it would open it up to many more people, expanding the amount of mapmakers in the community.
Sharpy_old
Keep calm and love VelperK
qwertykool

Sharpbrood wrote:

Keep calm and love VelperK
Everyday.
deadbeat
thread cleaned: next time i'll lock this for a while.

so for now continue~
also i agree with this. having a editor for each game mode would be nice :)
Topic Starter
eldnl
How could I know if this is going somewhere?
TheVileOne
It's probably going to happen sometime in thenear future. None of us will know until it is actually in a workable state or an assigned is marked on this thread. This is probably not a priority and the priority is lessened the more complicated it is. Personally I think this would be nice to have and would encourage more people to get involved in CTB mapping. Maybe woc will pick it up in his extra dev time.
Niko-nyan
looks good anyway and i support this but i don't have star sorry :(
XinCrin
I'm not Ctb mapper but i like this idea +1!
Fuka_old
You have mine too :3
Kitokofox

XinCrin wrote:

I'm not a CTB mapper but i think that is a good idea

dbzguru32 wrote:

It would have been awesome to have this back when I was hopelessly trying to make a few maps.

Deif wrote:

It'll be nice to see in real time w/o testing the real position of the fruits.
This is the main reason why I would enjoy to have a CtB editor. There is a great lack of CtB maps, because a lot of people can't really figure out how to make it work with how the editor is. (And it was even more hard when you had to avoid the dreaded pixel jumps) And it also makes a good reference point to be able to see what will be a hyperfruit and what won't be. I know a lot of my friends who don't make a CtB map because they get so confused while making one along the way that they give up. I'm sure some people could eventually learn how to use this, but that really limits the amount of people that can create maps for this specific game mode.

Deif wrote:

Also, I'd like to request to remove in the CTB Editor the value of the vertical distance of the notes, as it's likely useless in order to make a CTB diff (in fact, only the horizontal distance matters).
Not entirely. Vertical distance is used in determining the step timing, and can also be used to help determine how much distance can be covered between fruits. (It is on a combination of vertical and horizontal that provides us the snaps we desire, since to the fruit's perspective, the catcher moves diagonally

eldnl wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56274527/demo.jpg
Additionally, the editor should prevent you from putting two fruits on the same timeline. Also, in addition, I believe that the editor would look like a DDR style editor, except the notes span freely across the screen.

eldnl wrote:

Another feature could be the custom spins, but I don't mean to put every banana as you want, I mean, you can select which spin will be.
Example, if you want the spin like this, this or this.
@Drafura: Custom droplet density, maybe a tool too make nice curves with them.
I think it would be best if you stuck to an editor for now. I like the custom spins and droplet density features, but they are unrelated features from this one. I'm sure if you cleaned this up and stuck to the one simple idea, you'd have a little more progress.
-[Cow]-
Support! but i don't have star .-.

XD
Suntears
Here, take some of my stars
Luna
I feel like this has been requested before, but I couldn't find a thread~
Basically, I want to be able to do stuff like this with spinners in CtB diffs (ugly example because the editor is not suitable for this kind of mapping and I just spent <5 minutes on that):

Just imagine all those are bananas instead of hyperdash fruits, too lazy to make a skin just for that screenshot :P
The ability to customize spinners would allow mappers to represent the music better and open up the possibilities for interesting patterns that couldn't be played with regular notes du to timing conflicts etc (notes on same tick and stuff like that).
bomber34
Would be nice
But even better would be to have a ctb editor first t/129618&start=0
evanma
LOL think of all the troll spinners
deadbeat
want me to merge this with the CtB editor request?
Shohei Ohtani
It can be a feature of the CtB editor probably :3
Kurokami

deadbeat wrote:

want me to merge this with the CtB editor request?
I think this will be good.

And Spinner editor, hmm, sounds good, but first I think the editor goes.
FrzR
This would be great. Probably an opportunity to be able to catch all dem bananas. XD
Luna
Feel free to merge
/late reply
TheVileOne
Maybe modding CTB wont be a pain in the butt if this were added.
Kurokami

TheVileOne wrote:

Maybe modding CTB wont be a pain in the butt if this were added.
Its not that hard. You just needs to be a player with 10k+ playcount.
TheVileOne
It's more obnoxious to have to identify a problem while playing a map. Any change you make will require a testplay. You can't tell where the limit for a hyper note is. It would be much easier to approach modding like osu! standard. you can see the playing field in the editor and testplay to know how it feels. Without those visual cues, it takes longer to mod and requires more skill at the game to mod, which would not be the case if it had its own editor where you can playback sections that don't appear right.

Also spinner editor yay!
Topic Starter
eldnl
tvo is the guy
ConanCloud
Yeah, that will be helpful for ctb mapper. And we get more ctb diffs. And no pain in our brains!

(i dont have stars, sry :()
show more