forum

[Archived] Hard Refresh on Songs Folder?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
So yesterday and the day before, I downloaded about 30-40 maps, both for personal use as well as modding, as well as maps that I've created. Upon opening the game today, I've realized that a majority of these maps aren't showing up in my game. I know it's an issue that happens with maps that I download in close proximity to closing the game, but these maps had been in my client for multiple days. They still exist, as I look manually in the folder, as well as opening maps where I was making more diffs. I know I can individually re-import these maps by zipping them and reimporting them, but is there a way I can do a hard f5 so the game will look through every folder in the Songs folder?
Full Tablet
Pressing F5 in the song selection screen doesn't work?
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
That only does a soft reset, as well as pressing Shift + f5. Usually, when I'm able to do a hard reset, the game is like "WE NEED TO GO INTO SOME SERIOUS SHIT, IT MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES", and then I'm prompted to say yes or no~
RBRat3
You can have it rebuild the db file by deleting it. (osu!.db)
Full Tablet

CDFA wrote:

That only does a soft reset, as well as pressing Shift + f5. Usually, when I'm able to do a hard reset, the game is like "WE NEED TO GO INTO SOME SERIOUS SHIT, IT MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES", and then I'm prompted to say yes or no~
Usually the first time I press F5 it is a soft scan, and after it, if I press F5 again it does the hard reset (with the confirmation screen).
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
But i like the .db file omg :(

Last time I deleted it I like literally cried for a day.

but if i have to do it

i will do it

for America

for Freedom

spread the word
MillhioreF
You can hard refresh individual maps by adding a file to the individual song folder, then pressing F5. Gotta delete osu!.db to do it to the whole Songs folder though, sorry!
Winshley

Full Tablet wrote:

CDFA wrote:

Usually the first time I press F5 it is a soft scan, and after it, if I press F5 again it does the hard reset (with the confirmation screen).
^ This.

The behavior is slightly different though. If you have a bunch of beatmaps, it'll show the confirmation dialog anyway disregarding the soft scan and hard scan.

Nevertheless, this method works on me when refreshing beatmap with problematic MP3.