forum

League of Legends Mafia (GAME OVER - Blue Team Victory!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kanye West

took banner and idea from mafiascum.net, adapted to be more newbie and non-LoL player-friendly

Greetings, Summoners!

I am High Councilor Kanye West and today, I regret to announce that there is a strange occurence in Summoner's Rift. A small group of summoners on the Purple Team have disabled all recall spells and turned off respawns. Of course, we decided to turn this strange circumstance into a new game mode! The premise is simple; there will be two teams, one of far more players than the other. While this seems unfair at first, understand that the players on the larger team will not know which team anyone else in the battle is on, while the players on the smaller team will know one another for the entirety of the match. The larger group will be the Blue Team (town), and the smaller will be the Purple Team (mafia).

Who will prevail in this new game mode? Summon your champions and join the battle for supremacy of the Rift!

NOTE: You do not need to be familiar with League of Legends or the lore to join this game, as it will play exactly like a standard mafia game.

To join:
Reply to the thread. OPTIONAL: If you want, you can PM me your top three choices for your champion. If you don't PM me or are not familiar with League of Legends, I'll randomly assign you one. **Champion choice, lore, and spells may or may not have influence on alignment or role.**

General Rules:
NEW PLAYERS: Please read Lybydose's general rules and etiquette here: t/62209

General game logistics and rules are the same as dkun's game, and by NoHitter:
General:
1) Do not quote your role PM or anything the mod gives to you.
2) Do not post screenshots or any sort of factual evidence of private communications, either with the mod or amongst yourselves.
3) Do not edit your posts.
4) Do not talk outside of the thread, unless your role PM allows so.
5) Mod has the final say on any issue. If the mod makes a mistake, feel free to PM him to sort it out.
6) If you need any help, or have questions, or just want to talk in general, feel free to PM the mod.
7) Dead people may not post in the thread.

Day:
1) Game starts at Day.
2) Deadlines will be 96 hours tentatively. Extensions may be placed depending on the activity.
3) You may vote someone by using this format: Vote : Player. You may also choose to not lynch anyone: Vote: No-Lynch
4) You may also remove your vote by using this format: Unvote
5) When a player receives more than half of the total votes at any point during the day, that player is automatically lynched.
6) Once a player is lynched, there shall be no posting in the thread even before the mod posts the lynch scene. Night will commence shortly.
7) If no one has been lynched, and the deadline has passed, the person with the most votes gets lynched. If there is a tie, the one who reached the tying amount of votes first, is lynched.
8) A player has to remain active, at least one post per 24 hours. If a player has not posted for 24 hours, one may request for them to be prodded.
9) If the player prodded doesn't respond, a he/she will be replaced.
10) If the player gets prodded three times already and still becomes inactive he/she will be automatically replaced.
11) If no replacement can be found. The player will be modkilled instead.
12) Mafia have daychat.

Night:
1) Night lasts 24 hours.
2) Any roles or factions with active night abilities may choose to use them by PM-ing the mod (see the Role PM for role-specific instructions).
3) Once the deadline for night has passed, all actions not received will count as a No Action.

Game-specific Rules:
Blue Team (Town): Every member of the blue team (both vanilla roles and power roles) has a one-shot active night ability: Towerhug. If a player decides to towerhug at night, they are immune to getting ganked by the purple team (nightkilled by mafia) for that night. The player must PM the host (me) if they choose to do this, and can only been done once. Towerhugs only protect from ganks (mafiakills) and are affected by all other actions. They are equivalent to one-shot conditional doctor protection on oneself. If the player chooses to towerhug and has another ability (power role), they will permanently lose that ability for the remainder of the game, starting during the night they used the towerhug. Blue team members may be vanilla (have no ability besides the one-shot towerhug) or may be a power role (have one additional ability).

Purple Team (Mafia): Instead of nightkill, the mafia will choose to gank one target every night. A gank is exactly the same as a nightkill, however if the target player has towerhugged, the gank will fail. Ganks are not affected by any night actions (tracking, watching, roleblocking). However, ganks will fail if the target has been saved from death by towerhugging or other means of protection (which may or may not exist). Purple team members may or may not have one additional ability.

Players:
  1. Lincolm Dulcet
  2. fartownik
  3. Sakura
  4. Raging Bull
  5. DakeDekaane
  6. Irreversible
  7. Hika
  8. Tsukasa NoHitter
  9. BRBP
  10. tiper
  11. those
  12. Nyquill
  13. ReVeNg3r
  14. Mr Color
  15. Konei

Setup:
3 Purple Team Summoners (Mafia), 12 Blue Team Summoners (Town)
Identity and number of power roles will not be revealed.

Role PM Examples:

Blue Team Vanilla Townie example
Welcome to Summoner's Rift! You are a member of the Blue Team (town)!

You are <Champion Name>, a vanilla townie!
You have been summoned to the Rift with no knowledge of who your teammates and enemies are. Each day, all the champions of the Rift will gather to vote on which champion to kill, hoping to eliminate members of the Purple Team. Be careful, however, because the Purple Team is aware of who their friends and foes are and seek to eliminate you!

Blue Team Unique Ability: Towerhug (one-shot) - During a night phase, you may towerhug, protecting you from getting ganked (killed) by the purple team during that night. You may only use this once in the entire game.
<random champion ability> - Sadly, your ability got nerfed by Riot and is now useless.

You win when all members of the Purple Team have been eliminated.

If you have any questions or wish to use an ability, please reply to this message.
Blue Team Power Role example
Welcome to Summoner's Rift! You are a member of the Blue Team (town)!

You are <Champion Name>, a <power role name>!
You have been summoned to the Rift with no knowledge of who your teammates and enemies are. Each day, all the champions of the Rift will gather to vote on which champion to kill, hoping to eliminate members of the Purple Team. Be careful, however, because the Purple Team is aware of who their friends and foes are and seek to eliminate you!

Blue Team Unique Ability: Towerhug (one-shot) - During a night phase, you may towerhug, protecting you from getting ganked (killed) by the purple team during that night. You may only use this once in the entire game. If you decide to towerhug, you will permanently lose the ability to perform the below action, starting during the night you towerhugged.
<random champion ability> - <ability description>

You win when all members of the Purple Team have been eliminated.

If you have any questions or wish to use an ability, please reply to this message.
Purple Team Mafia Goon example
Welcome to Summoner's Rift! You are a member of the Purple Team (Mafia)!

You are <Champion Name>, a Mafia Goon! Your team consists of X, Y, and Z.
You have been summoned together with your two other teammates. Although severely outnumbered, you are aware of the alignments of your teammates and the enemy. You seek to work with your teammates to deceive and manipulate the Blue Team members and eventually outnumber them.

Purple Team Unique Ability: Gank - Every night, you and your teammates must decide on a target to gank, or kill. Be mindful, however, that your target may towerhug and your gank will fail.
<ability name> - Sadly, your ability got nerfed by Riot and is now useless.

You win when you have majority over the Blue Team (Town).

If you have any questions or choose to use an ability, post in the following quicktopic: <link>
Purple Team Power Role example
Welcome to Summoner's Rift! You are a member of the Purple Team (Mafia)!

You are <Champion Name>, a <role name>! Your team consists of X, Y, and Z.
You have been summoned together with your two other teammates. Although severely outnumbered, you are aware of the alignments of your teammates and the enemy. You seek to work with your teammates to deceive and manipulate the Blue Team members and eventually outnumber them.

Purple Team Unique Ability: Gank - Every night, you and your teammates must decide on a target to gank, or kill. Be mindful, however, that your target may towerhug and your gank will fail.
<ability name> - <ability description>

You win when you have majority over the Blue Team (Town).

If you have any questions or choose to use an ability, post in the following quicktopic: <link>
Topic Starter
Kanye West
History
  1. Teemo - N0 - First Blooded
  2. Irreversible (Vayne, Vanilla Townie) - D1 - Lynched
  3. ReVeNg3r (Karma, Vanilla Townie) - D2 - Lynched
  4. BRBP (Ryze, Tracker) - N2 - Killed
  5. those (Amumu, Cop) - D3 - Lynched
  6. Nyquill (Hecarim, Vanilla Townie) - N3 - Killed
  7. DakeDekaane (Nunu, Thief) - D4 - Lynched
  8. Dulcet (Zac, Godfather) - D5 - Lynched
  9. Sakura (Ahri, ex-Flavor Cop) - N5 - Killed
  10. Konei (Lissandra, Vanilla Townie) - D6 - Lynched
  11. Raging Bull (Heimerdinger, Vanilla Townie) - N6 - Killed
  12. Mr Color (Caitlyn, ex-Vigilante) - D7 - Lynched
  13. fartownik (Singed, Vanilla Townie) - N7 - Killed
  14. tiper (Udyr, Roleblocker) - D8 - Lynched
  15. NoHitter (Talon, Vanilla Townie) - Endgamed
  16. Hika (Viktor, ex-Doctor) - Endgamed
Lincolm
Oh hey LoL. I'm /in

By the way, may we choose our hero by ourself?
fartownik
I don't know anything about LoL, but I'm in because mafia.
Sakura
/in to play
Topic Starter
Kanye West

fartownik wrote:

I don't know anything about LoL, but I'm in because mafia.
You don't need to know anything about it, basically just like a regular mafia game.

@Lincolm: Yes read the op.
Raging Bull
sure /in
Lincolm
Welp, I was skimming. Gonna PM my heroes.
DakeDekaane
I know nothing about LoL or played mafia (watched how you played last game though), but I'm in <:
Irreversible
DAKE IS IN

i'm in too

never played mafia (read the guides though) as well D: but i know about LoL :3 XD
Topic Starter
Kanye West
Thanks for joining, guys!

Here is a good resource for first-time players: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page
Sakura
Does it have to be 3 champions?
Lincolm
In the purpose if someone have picked same heroes, then he will see your second and third. Though I know we can have same heroes if we're different alignment. :lol:
Hika
/in

ah
Topic Starter
Kanye West

Lincolm wrote:

In the purpose if someone have picked same heroes, then he will see your second and third.
yep

Lincolm wrote:

Though I know we can have same heroes if we're different alignment. :lol:
nope, no duplicates.
Sakura

Lincolm wrote:

hough I know we can have same heroes if we're different alignment. :lol:
In LoL that only happens in Blind pick :P
Tsukasa
get me /in for some of that action
VoidnOwO
/in