forum

My progression

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
benee161
Hello! I'm a really new player to Osu! (3000~ playcounts) and i'm here to ask if my ''progression'' is normal. Currently i can complete about 30-40% of the insane difficulty songs that I've downloaded and most of the hard difficulty ones. I can do AR 8 pretty well and AR 9 is my current goal. My hardest song I've completed is: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/59521 on hard difficulty, i also have a couple others songs around the same level. I'm using a tablet and keyboard (x&z). So, is my progression ''normal'' speed? By the way, is it bad that i only play maps that i can barely complete?
P.s Sorry for my bad grammar.
Wishy
You could consider it not bad.
Topic Starter
benee161

Wishy wrote:

You could consider it not bad.
That's great to hear! Thank you for the answer :)
Dekonare

benee161 wrote:

By the way, is it bad that i only play maps that i can barely complete?
No, it's fine and that's how I learned to play.
Topic Starter
benee161

Blizzardouz wrote:

benee161 wrote:

By the way, is it bad that i only play maps that i can barely complete?
No, it's fine and that's how I learned to play.
Aight, that's great. I really enjoy playing this game like that ^^
Souko
Yeah just enjoy the ride. Come up with new ways to challenge yourself and you'll progress fine.

Any amount of insanes done is normal for that amount of playcount. I started doing insanes later than that, but might be just a personal thing. I don't know :S
Wishy
Just don't waste time getting top scores on anything that's not at least [Insane]. Playing maps you can barely complete is a good way to improve, except if you rely on spamming on certain parts you can't understand at all and manage to survive that way.
Topic Starter
benee161

Wishy wrote:

Just don't waste time getting top scores on anything that's not at least [Insane]. Playing maps you can barely complete is a good way to improve, except if you rely on spamming on certain parts you can't understand at all and manage to survive that way.
I've never really been into that hole top score thing, i think i will start doing that only when I've ''mastered'' this game and i can complete every song. My way of understanding parts i can't understand is by putting it to half speed or auto and then looking at it closely, if that does not work i just give up and move up to another song. Its worked so far pretty well. Although i have a couple songs that i completed that way like for example DeltaMax (outdated).
By the way, i really appreciate all the help! I've been welcome'd pretty well to this community, compared to like LoL community this place is an heaven. :lol:
d777b

benee161 wrote:

compared to like LoL community this place is an heaven.
Ha!

Welcome! And yes, your progression is fine :) Glad to hear you are challenging yourself and enjoying it! I did the same thing (playing songs that I could barely pass, and I feel like I learned pretty quickly. It is also very rewarding to me to go back to songs that when I first started, I had put aside as "impossible", that now seem easy or at least not too hard for me.
Far East
It's great that you're playing relatively difficult songs ;p Although I would play easier songs from time to time to practice accuracy and such. When I fail songs I usually keep failing them, so an easier one once in a while might help you a bit.
Pawww_old
Hi! I'm actually benee161 and I've got one more question. Does it count as multi accounting if you forget your old accounts password and email and now had to make another one? The reason why i don't remember the email is because when i made the osu! account i just put an random email because i didn't think this game would actually be good. And Ps. I've progressed way beyond my old level, now i warmup whit lapfox. I'm at the moment working on a song called ''trillion years and an overnight story'' on dksslqj difficulty, i'm also getting close to completing Renard - Blue night.
Edit: Forgot to thank you guys for all the support!
buny
yes
Pawww_old

buny wrote:

yes
Does that ''yes'' mean that my progression is normal or that it's against the rules to make another account if you forget the old one's password? :?
Soarezi
yes its against the rules
enik
You may not consider it a multi unless you have at least 20k+ plays on other accounts.
Oh and yeah, nobody cares about multi accs.
Pawww_old

enik wrote:

You may not consider it a multi unless you have at least 20k+ plays on other accounts.
Oh and yeah, nobody cares about multi accs.
Oh thank god, thanks for the info!
G0r
Sounds to me like you are progressing normally. I'd say you sound like the typical osu! player with potential. I'd also say that you should try to improve your scores over time to become more perfect at what you are doing and you'll find that you'll continue to progress that way. Glad you enjoy the game! : )
darkmiz
for your next step you should try to learn hidden, its the easiest and most rewarding mod