show more
-Neipezi
congrats BPM 240 x.x
Mirage
wtf rating
Stefan

Maddy wrote:

wtf rating
Welcome in osu!. Where you're not allowed to map different things without accepting shit ratings.

No really, just wait the next days and the troll animu bad Rating will be invisible. Great Job to you all! :)
D33d

Backfire wrote:

So why is this getting rating trolled? Mad cause bad?
My guess is, "needlessly hard."
Andrea
Rating doesn't matter at all guys, keep that in mind.
Stefan

Andrea wrote:

Rating doesn't matter at all guys, keep that in mind.
That's actually true but it's like saying "shit map no effort plays gay hurrdurr". Of course the Rating consist subjective thoughts and opinions and of course everyone feels free to rate the Map how he/she/it wants. It's just that many Maps get rated wrongly by wrong criterias and this is the disadvantage of the Star Rating.
OzzyOzrock
this song was stuck in my heasd sadfasdfasf
Mirage
this map ez i mean wtf 1k combo hr
Nyquill
holy crap cookiezi strong
Topic Starter
RLC

D33d wrote:

Backfire wrote:

song sounds pretty crazy to me

why not map crazy 8-)

also,

Nyquill wrote:

holy crap cookiezi strong
Archangel Tirael

Backfire wrote:

They as well as I have not seen dissected loli in SB. :)
D33d

RLC wrote:

D33d wrote:

song sounds pretty crazy to me

why not map crazy 8-)
A crazy map can still be simplified within reason, or at least have simpler sections. I haven't seen the map, so I won't make any assumptions about the map itself, but intense songs don't excuse bullshit.
Topic Starter
RLC
>_> I was actually originally going to make a lengthier post in place of that... seems like it is necessary.

Your statement "needlessly hard," if it is referring to the overall difficulty of the map, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It implies that the map is somehow "too hard for the song," which is a stupid concept, since you can't just listen to a song and say, "oh, the map for it must be around this difficulty with this SV, blah blah." That's a load of nonsense. On the other hand,

D33d wrote:

A crazy map can still be simplified within reason, or at least have simpler sections.
Yes! This is a more logical statement. I assure you, the relative internal difficulties of this map have been very meticulously thought out--relative SV, object density, smoothness of flow, etc.

Trust me, if I wanted to make a "needlessly hard" beatmap, I would put spam random circle jumps for the entire seven minutes of the song.

And as for your statement,

D33d wrote:

...intense songs don't excuse bullshit.
"bullshit"? I suggest you don't carry this assuming attitude of knowing what is holy and what is unholy in mapping. Please don't assume that you've got mapping all figured out. It does no one any good.
ryza

D33d wrote:

...but intense songs don't excuse bullshit.
Intense songs are the best for making hard maps like these, because it's where the crazy maps fit.

"Bullshit" to you may be "really fun" to someone else, it's all a matter of perspective.

Please keep in mind that easy maps are abundant in osu! and very difficult maps are not so common.
GamerX4life
yeaaah congratz RLC!
Snepif

D33d wrote:

A crazy map can still be simplified within reason, or at least have simpler sections. I haven't seen the map, so I won't make any assumptions about the map itself, but intense songs don't excuse bullshit.
Lol this deed dude... i don't agree at all. The map is awesome, you just don't even play, how would you know............
Laharl
Congrats, great song.
djjsixpack

D33d wrote:

It's not harder than a 240 BPM map should be.
Cyclohexane
Intense difficulty doesn't mean bad ratings (hi FREEDOM DiVE, hi Airman, hi pretty much every approval map out there).

There's stuff people like and stuff they don't.

You guys are discussing a rating made off 41 votes. Not the most representative of the hundred thousands of players this game has.
Yuzeyun

Mr Color wrote:

Intense difficulty doesn't mean bad ratings (hi FREEDOM DiVE, hi Airman, hi pretty much every approval map out there).

There's stuff people like and stuff they don't.

You guys are discussing a rating made off 41 votes. Not the most representative of the hundred thousands of players this game has.
Don't forget that such ratings happens at the very first minutes after ranking/approval.
I'll bet 10 bucks this will end with 9+.
Soarezi
I absolutely love this map, the only part i dislike is the slider part at like 70% of the map, other than that good job RLC!
Frobe
Why the low Rating? :(
Snepif

Frobe wrote:

Why the low Rating? :(
because osu sucks ass
people like really poorly and retardedly mapped stuff (i.e. 90% of ranked/bubbled maps nowadays) or more
Defacer
­
Topic Starter
RLC
I didn't make the AR 9 because I myself felt that it plays better with AR9. Remember, there are a lot of people that can play this map that cannot read AR10.

So as a mapper, I have to make a decision between:

1) A bit more enjoyable for a smaller audience, or
2) A bit less enjoyable for a larger audience.

I went with option 2. Frankly, I don't think reading AR9 on this map is really very hard at all, but hey.

I do hope, however, that more maps are ranked/approved with AR10. No one could read AR9 a few years ago, mainly because there were very few maps that actually had AR9. I think the case for AR10 is fundamentally the same.

As for the SV, I really have no idea... I've never encountered that when playing this map myself, or heard of that from any other testers. I tend to map with 1.9 SV, and I've always thought that was already kind of high...? Besides, the whole point of jumps is an increase in spacing, so...
Snepif

Defacer wrote:

people wondering about low rating...

to me the reason is obvious.

the map is composed brilliantly, like you would expect from RLC and also the song is extremely awesome, I even put it in my phone, so I can listen to it when I am outside BUT there are 2 REASONS why it's just unplayable(For me and for a lot of other players I guess):
1)AR9 , well this problem is well known and let's pretend it's not that much big of a deal(atama no taisou and freedom dive are ar9 too but don't have such low rating).

2)SLOW SLIDERS, seriously? 240 bpm...I am sure some maps on 180bpm have faster sliders, I literally sliderbreak every slider because I run for circles too early and additionally miss because of reason 1, I am extremely disappointed at the slider velocity, I modded both the ar to 10 and the slider velocity from 1.90 to 2.10 and had IMMENSE fun playing the map, IMMENSE, also I doubled my previous ranked score and increased my acc with ~8% with just a random run to see how it goes, the way it's ranked now is just painful to play, that slowass slider, everytime watiing for it to finish...

I did not vote low for the map because I realize how well composed it is, and OF COURSE this is my problem for not being able to read slow sliders and low ar but THIS is the reason why it's ranked so low(8.1 currently).
If you can't read/think ar9 is too high, it's not because of the slow sliders you miss, you just aren't good enough yet :)
The sliders fit the general atmosphere of the song.
It has low rating because osu! is like that, they'll always upvote famous animu maps and such, regardless of the map's quality itself
Sieg
@Snepif
I bet this beatmap is good enough but...
as you can see http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?m=0&r=6&g=0&la=0 people do not tend to downvote approved maps for no reason or just because this is not famous anime song.
Mismagius

Snepif wrote:

If you can't read/think ar9 is too high, it's not because of the slow sliders you miss, you just aren't good enough yet :)
The sliders fit the general atmosphere of the song.
It has low rating because osu! is like that, they'll always upvote famous animu maps and such, regardless of the map's quality itself
not really

when the rating is like 8.5 or receives a few 1s when it's ranked it's understandable
when it keeps getting negative attention then there is a reason.
Snepif
i used animu as one example
[Luanny]
you forgot touhou
Defacer
­
Snepif

Defacer wrote:

I did not understand your first sentence, you mean that AR9 is too high for me to read?What the hell.I meant that it's too slow, it needs ar10 but I said it's ok because even other hard maps are ar9 and don't get receive negative rating
aaaaaaaaaaaah sorry then, i didn't understeand. well let's leave poor RLC alone, we can talk in pm or something :D