forum

Just bought a tablet!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zeraph
Whats the reason for people playing with their wrist off the tablet? I can understand the reasoning of lifting the pen off the tablet and not making contact but when I try to play with my wrist off the tablet and try to play with my whole arm I feel like I lose all sense of precision and the cursor just flies around the screen.
Yousoro
I play on a specific part of my tablet with my wrist on it.
Go to your tablet settings > Pen mapping > Set a specific tablet area you want to play on.
Topic Starter
Zeraph
That's what I'm doing right now, maybe I'm mistaken and people only play with their wrist off the tablet when they play on full area. :|
Yousoro

Zeraphlol wrote:

That's what I'm doing right now, maybe I'm mistaken and people only play with their wrist off the tablet when they play on full area. :|
Well actually, some people do play on full area
Some started using a small space then switching to full area
Everything depends on what you're comfortable with :)
buny
my wrist is always on my tablet
TakuMii
I play on full area, and my wrist stays on the tablet the whole time, and I move the pen tip around by tilting the pen with my fingers (and rotating my wrist if necessary).

Perhaps it helps for people who use a firmer grip and move the pen around with their wrist, but I've actually haven't heard of anyone playing without any wrist contact. Having your wrist sitting on the tablet serves as an anchor and helps your accuracy a lot (even if you're sliding it around), so I wouldn't suggest trying to avoid wrist contact with the tablet.
Full Tablet
How do you even put your wrist on the tablet surface while playing?
(I put the side of the metacarpal bone of my pinky finger on the surface btw, the wrist is on the air).
d777b
I plant my elbow on my desk, and rest the first knuckle of my pinky on the tablet surface. My wrist is in the air. Whatever you do, it shouldn't feel tight, or strenuous.