forum

CTB Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,123
Topic Starter
eldnl
Would be awesome if you can add a ctb editor, where you can see the spins and hyperdashes without testing.
Also an option to make the slider as you want, I mean, without the velocity and lenght limit.

Some ideas provided by players in order to get it implemented:
  1. Kurokami
    SPOILER
    Okay, I need a new post since someone posted after mine. q.q I made it in like ~30 min so its kinda shit but I will provide the .psd file too if someone has another idea for editing. I add a description bellow the image for every text which is appear on the image to make this post better. \o/ Also it should be working with 4:3 too, I just used my own res to edit.

Alternate Spinner Forms: Its because CtB has more spinner overlay and when osu! handle it it appears randomly, well at least it stays the same, but sometimes it ruins the patterns since it needs a testplay to place the objects after/before it at the best possible place. And its annoying if the map has many spinners. So it should be an overlay? option just like combo colors have to be able to choose which one do you want to use.

End of the Screen: This is optional, but since maybe with this the grid will be a bit useless it will be hard to know where the screen ends and offscreen fruits are just crazy. o.o So it should be something which reminds the mapper about where are him/her at.

Timing Points: I'm not sure if this really needs describeing since they should be the same as above on the timeline but this way you just only need to watch in the middle to know where will you place that note on the timeline. And also you can see everything in realtime w/o testing it (well it will still required).

Scrollbar: This is really an optional stuff since maybe it isn't really necessary, but it will be good to see where are you at w/o looking at the bottom which is I think its kinda disturbing. And other option is to place the bottom line (I dunno it's name) at the right side of the grid. Well this whole option is mainly works only for 16:9 but maybe it can be added for 4:3 too.

If someone can do one more image with some fruits I think the idea will speak for itself (I don't have the original skin to do it).

I know the lines are kinda stacked but a zoom is also an option and I just made it like this for better imagining. I'm not sure if making the fruits smaller in the editor will work but thats another optional thing to be able to add more timeline portion inside the grid (I think if it will looks like I made it it should be enough too, I don't think we really need more).

Anyone wants to change something or add his/her own idea just go ahead. Here is the .psd to do it.
    I hope it looks good enough. o.o
  2. Drafura: Custom droplet density, maybe a tool too make nice curves with them.
  3. Deif: Removal of the value of the vertical distance of the notes, as it's likely useless in order to make a CTB diff (in fact, only the horizontal distance matters). > Added by MillhioreF (Mar 18, 2015)
Another feature could be the custom spins, but I don't mean to put every banana as you want, I mean, you can select which spin will be.
Example, if you want the spin like this, this or this.

This is just an example, any other idea is welcome!
Weez
take my star!! i support this especially something to show hyperdashes and spins!!!
MillhioreF
This was denied a long time ago, but now that mania has its own editor I can see this being feasible.
Star!
Kin
Have my all stars
VelperK
Your feature request gave me an orgasm.
Stefan

MillhioreF wrote:

This was denied a long time ago, but now that mania has its own editor I can see this being feasible.
That would be only fair. Support.
TheVileOne
Yes!

Just don't require us to complete delete all the notes when we want to convert to CTB only in the editor like you need to do with mania. It will make it harder to test the mode for standard difficulties.
Touche
supporting :3
ursa
full support /o/
CLSW
No more words.
Support this.
ZeroEightOne
Yes, Support :)
Gilochan
support o3o
Deif
Have my babies!

It'll be nice to see in real time w/o testing the real position of the fruits.

Also, I'd like to request to remove in the CTB Editor the value of the vertical distance of the notes, as it's likely useless in order to make a CTB diff (in fact, only the horizontal distance matters).
Lally
you can have all of my babys o3o

is a really nice idea,this would make simpler to map ctb imo u.u
Drafura
Not going to use it but support for the sake of the ctb mapping : I would add (to follow Deif's idea) that the editor should generate all fruits with the same Y to make distance snap usefull.
Touche
Now 5 stars for you. I think this is a great idea.
Topic Starter
eldnl

T o u c h e wrote:

oh you <3333

eldnl wrote:

T o u c h e wrote:

oh you <3333
I just gave 1 star, am I lovely as well?
Aka
even more
Ableh
star
Topic Starter
eldnl

119410501 wrote:

eldnl wrote:

oh you <3333
I just gave 1 star, am I lovely as well?
give me more and then ask!

okno
-Ryuujii-
well i support this although i know shitt about mapping :3 3 stars
Magus
Good idea

Star.
captin1
Five pink stars since I'm interested in learning how to map ctb, and I feel this would make it easier :)
Harp Note

-Ryuujii- wrote:

well i support this although i know shitt about mapping :3
^

I don't have any stars D:
dbzguru32
It would have been awesome to have this back when I was hopelessly trying to make a few maps.
kisata
Seems only fair. Take a star.
XinCrin
I'm not a CTB mapper but i think that is a good idea
Topic Starter
eldnl
nobody has something to add?
Kin
when add a spinner, see how it's look ? and possibility to change it ?
oh well there is already a req like this no ?
show more