forum

can you play osu! at school?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stozax
i was just wondering because i have a period of freetime with my friends on the computers and i was wondering if you can just drag the osu folder into programs files and fire it up.
BrokenArrow
Just run it from an external usb device?
XPJ38
Study instead of playing

Ahem. Yes, you can drag your osu! folder to a USB drive and run it from there. Your school firewall could block any online feature though.
Justykanna
I loled XPJ38.

And yeah, if osu's on your computer, just move songs to the song folder and you should be good to go.
Don't expect to be able to see your past high scores though because...

XPJ38 wrote:

Your school firewall could block any online feature though.
skibblesx
The general rule is if you can get on the forum at school, it wouldn't block the program since the servers generally run through the same urls as well as there are mirrors.

But Dont play around in school you weenie
awp
I can play osu! at school but only until someone finds me and kicks me out for trespassing since I have no business in any school
BeatofIke
I too can play osu! at school and at work. However my school's connection sucks and it's not reliable! XD
TakuMii
I actually got in trouble at school, partially because of osu! but mainly because I had uTorrent running on my laptop. They blocked the osu! forums through the firewall after (only to be unblocked upon closer inspection of what we actually do here), but I guess they haven't figured out how to block Bancho :/
Shohei Ohtani
Why the hell would you play osu! during school like do you srs have nothing else to do.

I can't play it at school mostly because I go to a fairly large high school (~3600 student pop.) and there's only 7-8 computers in the library, so we can only use them for school purposes since people will get pissed if you're playing silly games when they need to type an entire essay.

And plus osu.ppy.sh is blocked by the firewall.

But like I'm still curious (Not in a mean way, just in a curious way) why people would play osu! during school like I spend most of school just like wishing I had more time to do things and you guys are like "recreation" like omq.
ZeroEightOne
I can't because school computer is fuckin extremely low-end computer.
Justykanna

CDFA wrote:

Why the hell would you play osu! during school like do you srs have nothing else to do.

I can't play it at school mostly because I go to a fairly large high school (~3600 student pop.) and there's only 7-8 computers in the library, so we can only use them for school purposes since people will get pissed if you're playing silly games when they need to type an entire essay.

And plus osu.ppy.sh is blocked by the firewall.

But like I'm still curious (Not in a mean way, just in a curious way) why people would play osu! during school like I spend most of school just like wishing I had more time to do things and you guys are like "recreation" like omq.
I didn't have a lot to do during my extra time in high school either, especially in grades nine and ten, /shrug. I don't find it that unusual.
Especially if you're not as involved in high school (assuming that, and not university or college), then you've got even less to do.

0814587134 wrote:

I can't because school computer is fuckin extremely low-end computer.
Most schools have fairly low end computers. It's all about the money. =P
Katze
I probably could play it, but since I have to take my laptop with me everyday I'd prefer to play it on there but we don't have the pw for the school server internet lol
awp

CDFA wrote:

we can only use them for school purposes since people will get pissed if you're playing silly games when they need to type an entire essay.
what is this, the 1990s? Doesn't everyone in North America have their own computer by now?
Loves
I'd much rather use my school time doing school stuff, and tbh, it's probably much much better to sit on your own chair at home playing osu!.
RBRat3

awp wrote:

what is this, the 1990s? Doesn't everyone in North America have their own computer by now?
We have computers, We also have under funded schools with rules stating no personal electronic devices.
TakuMii

CDFA wrote:

Well, I have 90-minute spare blocks on my schedule, and my school's lunch break is 75 minutes long. I have plenty of time to do whatever I feel like.
Shohei Ohtani

awp wrote:

CDFA wrote:

we can only use them for school purposes since people will get pissed if you're playing silly games when they need to type an entire essay.
Most people are lazy tho and they're like "I'll just do it at school no biggie"
Kanye West
I play OSU at OSU. Get it? I'm so funny jajajajajaja
Yousoro
I'm able to play osu during school, but we all go to school to learn, no?
Shohei Ohtani

Yikari wrote:

but we all go to school to learn
nope.avi
OzzyOzrock
I tried putting osu! onto a school computer, but it requires access to the system files and can't simply be opened with just the folder contents themselves.
Kaona

RBRat3 wrote:

awp wrote:

We have computers, We also have under funded schools with rules stating no personal electronic devices.
The UK seems to have a lot in common with America.
kiteku

Yikari wrote:

I'm able to play osu during school, but we all go to school to learn, no?
Actually, most people go to school because it's pretty much required, they don't have a choice. And by the time they're old enough to drop out they're already that close to the end so why not finish it up, also they don't want to be branded a high school dropout.

Personally, I dropped out, because I already know what I want to do and learning more science and history and all of that isn't going to help, I felt like I was wasting my life away when I could have a full-time job making an income while working on my dream in my free time. I just got my GED, if I ever feel like going to college I can just go to a community college for a couple years for my core classes and do really well and transfer to a better college after two years to work on a major.
BrokenArrow

Kaona wrote:

The UK seems to have a lot in common with America.
Wow selfowned.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
[SAK]Eden
Directly, no.
happy30
I can play osu but I cannot log into bancho :(
I once tried osu! on a smartboard in high school, which was awesome and hard, and a good exercise actually xD
theowest
Whenever I have the chance.
show more