play games with #skandinavian

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
More like hide'n'base :o
Blandar
Just too pro at red alert and the nostalgia feeling from that game...good old times :D I am up for more free online games ;)! just give me a call ;)
Kluddio
We played red alert 1 for like 3 hours :)
It was awesome, so many old memorys! T_T
and blandar, he sure likes to roll around with those gatherers and take boxes :J

If i stumble over any free to play games i will be sure to alert you :)
I wish The guild II - Renaissance was free T_T
Dolphin
If only Touhou 9/12.3 was free...
I GUESS you could pirate it but thats only for LAME people harharharahgegkh
theowest

How to set up the listed games

OpenRA
  1. Start out by downloading the game, it should cover most operating systems.
  2. Install, start the game and download when it tells you to.
  3. Configure in-game settings
  4. To change the game speed. When you first start playing you'll notice how incredibly slow everything is.
    1. Find an OpenRA folder, usually installed inside your documents folder (Different OS locations)
    2. Edit the settings.yaml file in a text editing program
    3. Take the " Timestep: 40" line from this page, paste it in the "Game" section
    4. 40 is the slow default, so to increase the speed you'll have to decrease that to 30 and make sure everyone you're playing with has the same game speed setting.
  5. Open ports. In order for you to start hosting games.
    1. By default it's 1234, which is closed on most routers so try to set it to a port you have open
    2. If you have uTorrent this can be done pretty easily
      1. Go to your Options
      2. Preferences
      3. Connection
      4. Change the port used for incoming connections to whichever port you want and hit apply. (1337 for example)
    3. You can also change/open ports from your in-browser router admin settings. Google your router and port forwarding to see how this can be done.
Red Alert Online
  1. Start out by downloading the game, Windows only.
    You have the option to pick between the simple multiplayer version or the complete game.
  2. The game should launch on it's own and work just fine as long as you give it firewall access and have the right ports open
  3. Open ports.
    1. This guide explains it pretty well
  4. For online multiplayer, you're just going to open the cncnet.exe file from the MiniRA directory (Installed where you downloaded it).
N64 online play
Will make a guide if people request it. Might just be a waste of time o:
Age of Empires - Ask Teras for information on how to set it up.
Red Alert 2 - If you own a legitimate copy of the game, follow the first guide on this page.
or ask me or _agm if you want to know how to set things up using tunngle (LAN/Network play).
Teras
Age of empires? Sure, the game is not free. But you can get it easily since its so old. I could even provide versions of it if you cant find it.
Kluddio

Teras wrote:

Age of empires? Sure, the game is not free. But you can get it easily since its so old. I could even provide versions of it if you cant find it.
Age of empires online? it's free..
Zerzxes
http://www.brawlbusters.com/

This is a pretty fun game if you're skyping. Free to play on steam
Nyari

Cloudio-san wrote:

Teras wrote:

Age of empires online? it's free..

i tried to get into age of empires online for 3 hours but i couldnt cause games for windows live 2stronk
Blandar
If you guys want Age of empire (2) online, I could try to fix it, I remember that me and my friend used to play it some months ago online, I could ask him for the site to download, it was really simple to fix
Nyari

blandar wrote:

If you guys want Age of empire (2) online, I could try to fix it, I remember that me and my friend used to play it some months ago online, I could ask him for the site to download, it was really simple to fix
gogo
Teras
I meant age of empires 2. I hated the online version cuz not oldschool enough.

Like blandar, i can also provide the game, Saten and gyuunyu got it from me, I would just have to find the cd again to install it.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Age of Empires 2 is great, I still have the CD for it and Conquerors :)
Dolphin
On the N64 emultator, instead of listing only Mario Party 2 you should rather say "N64 ROMs e.g: Mario Party 2, Pokemon Stadium, etc..."

I just think thats a better way of putting it :P
theowest
I guess the same can be said with Red Alert 2. The only way to get a hold of it now is to download the entire first decade of games. So ask me or _agm if you want to know how to set that game up and stuff for LAN/Network play, using tunngle.

If you own a legitimate copy of the game, follow the first guide on this page. (Don't follow any other guides on that page, they're outdated and suck. You'll just waste your time.)

Dolphin wrote:

On the N64 emultator, instead of listing only Mario Party 2 you should rather say "N64 ROMs e.g: Mario Party 2, Pokemon Stadium, etc..."

I just think thats a better way of putting it :P
yeye
Kluddio
Anyone up for some gaming 2mrw :)
Last day of the break so we should have some fun while we can!
theowest

Cloudio-san wrote:

Anyone up for some gaming 2mrw :)
Last day of the break so we should have some fun while we can!
I guess it's too late now :(
Kluddio
Abit ^^
theowest
undefeated champion in mineswooping
SPOILER

från igår
blue player is empressmiku
http://mfe.zomis.net/flags.php
Dolphin

theowest wrote:

SPOILER

från igår
looks like MSN minesweeper. :lol:
theowest

Dolphin wrote:

theowest wrote:

SPOILER

från igår
looks like MSN minesweeper. :lol:
that's because it's a clone!
Dolphin

theowest wrote:

Frinator
You guys should try Toribash
a fun game where u control a guy by using ur joint parts in the body elbow knees etc...

And you fight against others or the computer bot
It has multiplayer where u can que up for fights
http://www.toribash.com/ game is about 20mb in size
Dolphin
2gory4me :cry:
Dazzy

Dolphin wrote:

2gory4me :cry:
Weak stomach? :o
theowest
spelade lite mulle meck igår

fräsig kärra
Nyari

theowest wrote:

SPOILER

från igår
repot for hax pls
theowest
this looks like something we could play p/2249416
who's up
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Local multiplayer only IIRC ;(
theowest

MillhioreF wrote:

Local multiplayer only IIRC ;(
maybe tunngle or something could help out with that o:
Xhinryuu
That game sure looks interesting o:

Im up for it if we can get it going
Xhinryuu
Ok guys! iv'e got it! I wanna be the Boshy! That's what we will play!

Simple platformer where you jump around and shoot stuff, (mostly saveboxes)
It goes on the nerves due to it's ridiculously hard difficulty and you will die... many times...

There is multiplayer support, however... it doesn't make much of multiplayer at all. Basically we can see each other and such but what happens for one person does not happen for the other, the trigger only goes for the person triggering it, So how does this become actual multiplayer?
Well if one player manages to get through one hard part and then saves after that part, everyone will be able to go to that save point, thus helping each other in slowly advancing.

It's free to play, easy to download, simple to play, (Don't confuse simple with easy though) And really much fun, altough not for the weak of heart since it can be extremely frustrating.

So let's give it a GO shall we?!

Here is the link!
http://www.solgryn.org/game.php?title=IWBTB
Just click the blue download button and you'll be ready to go!!
Dolphin
Ever heard about Board Game Online?

It's your ordinary board game, get to the goal first, throw dices etc, but with a twist.
You can visit Deadly Pyramids, use Magic Wands, Kill each other with granades, and much MUCH more!

I recommend playing Survival with goal being 150-200 spaces. I played with 300 as the goal and it took over an hour =w=

If you register you can unlock achievements.
I made a new user today because I forgot what my old one was.
theowest
omg, I've actually played that game a lot and I have to admit, it is quite fun. Message us whenever you want to play it. :D
Dolphin

theowest wrote:

omg, I've actually played that game a lot and I have to admit, it is quite fun. Message us whenever you want to play it. :D
what we could do is to open a thread for our game, then allow people to join then and lock it when concluded. (Almost like what they do with Mafia although i dunno how mafia works)

Or we can just do it the simple way and post a link in #skandi or PM.
theowest

Dolphin wrote:

theowest wrote:

what we could do is to open a thread for our game, then allow people to join then and lock it when concluded. (Almost like what they do with Mafia although i dunno how mafia works)
nah man, I don't think it's ever going to reach much over this single thread we're currently in.
game discussion about games we play with each other can be done in this thread.
Dolphin

theowest wrote:

nah man, I don't think it's ever going to reach much over this single thread we're currently in.
game discussion about games we play with each other can be done in this thread.
thats what I realized in the middle of writing that >w>
Kluddio
Anyone wanna join me and theo on Civ 5? :o
theowest
holy crap, boardgame-online is addictive as hell. hopefully someone other than dolphin will win next time we play with him :p
Dolphin

theowest wrote:

holy crap, boardgame-online is addictive as hell. hopefully someone other than dolphin will win next time we play with him :p
Winning 3/3 matches. I should have the forum title "BGO Master"
show more