forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Garygoh884
This extra mod icon also appears in the modifier playing list.

This icon was made originally to full transparency as it wasn't a mod. Also appears in multiplayer screens if other time-based mods are enabled.
Yuki-kun

Garygoh884 wrote:

This icon was made originally to full transparency as it wasn't a mod. Also appears in multiplayer screens if other time-based mods are enabled.
Yes, that's why we shouldn't turn it on after all. It's just a funny part when make screenshot for ranking score :P
Ayesha Altugle

Yuki-kun wrote:

Anyone have idea about selection-mod-freemodallowed.png
Found it by accident while "hacking" to some resources xD
Do you know what it's size?

Garygoh884 wrote:

Yuki-kun

vahn10 wrote:

Yuki-kun wrote:

Anyone have idea about selection-mod-freemodallowed.png
Found it by accident while "hacking" to some resources xD
Do you know what it's size?
In my case, i used 552x362 (1366x768 res)
But please note that i used only for fun.
If you want to use, smaller will be better than, same size with mod icon (67x65...i guess)
Ayesha Altugle

Yuki-kun wrote:

If you want to use, smaller will be better than, same size with mod icon (67x65...i guess)
It covers mods you used when not reduced opacity like in my image
Jackyyy
I should be the same size as the mod icons as it appears as an extra mod but doesn't appear on nomod.

I made mine wider cause didn't like it overlapping with the mods cause I am just putting some random image there.
Yuki-kun

vahn10 wrote:

Yuki-kun wrote:

It covers mods you used when not reduced opacity like in my image
I forgot to tell you that you need to use transparent image xD
Anw, this is mine.
Yuki-kun
OK
This really not good after all xD

Also, for anyone want to change the hitsound when press F12 (screenshot), try to add this file
shutter.wav
Ayesha Altugle

Yuki-kun wrote:

OK
This really not good after all xD

Also, for anyone want to change the hitsound when press F12 (screenshot), try to add this file
shutter.wav
thanks, first to test it

100% works

did you also try menu-osu.png?

If you have one you can post it

and I forgot the size

It must be 520x520 pixels
you can make it bigger or smaller depending you want
Yuki-kun
I tried but seem like it appear in that map only.
Can't see it anywhere in normal mode @@
Ayesha Altugle

Yuki-kun wrote:

You can see it in watching your failed replay until the end
Yuki-kun

vahn10 wrote:

Yuki-kun wrote:

You can see it in watching your failed replay until the end
Yes i know, when i tried in taiko mode in that map, it appeared, but when i try in standard mode, it's nothing @_@
Ayesha Altugle

Yuki-kun wrote:

Yes i know, when i tried in taiko mode in that map, it appeared, but when i try in standard mode, it's nothing @_@[/quote]

It has to be
senofdark
Is there something like fruit-ryuuta when press shift ?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Dash in CtB uses "fruit-ryuuta.png". If you made animated catcher, you need to add base sprite of your character.

fruit-ryuuta.png - will be used as dash (might need some positioning if you want to make it correctly with animation.
fruit-ryuuta-0.png
fruit-ryuuta-1.png
fruit-ryuuta-2.png
fruit-ryuuta-3.png
etc... are animations of your character. This is the only one exception where animation overrides base sprite.
ArcadeSona
One more. Is there a possible way to change the font for a skin?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
What do you mean by "change font of the skin"? Font of what? Score numbers, texts, etc. or the font that osu! uses almost everywhere?
ArcadeSona

MLGnom wrote:

What do you mean by "change font of the skin"? Font of what? Score numbers, texts, etc. or the font that osu! uses almost everywhere?

Every font that osu! uses please.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

ArcadeSona wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

Every font that osu! uses please.
So that way, you can't change it. And I'm pretty sure you won't be able to change it in future.
OsuMe65

ArcadeSona wrote:

osu! uses the font "Verdana" which is one of Windows' System Fonts (if i'm correct)

It is non-skinnable and definitely no one can change it.
Rei Hakurei

OsuMe65 wrote:

ArcadeSona wrote:

osu! uses the font "Verdana" which is one of Windows' System Fonts (if i'm correct)

It is non-skinnable and definitely no one can change it.
peppy said Tahoma *iirc*
TheAussie
loool
OsuMe65

Rei Hakurei wrote:

peppy said Tahoma *iirc*
ah yes...
i forgot about that already
primrose
Can someone make a list and what it does to new skinnable elements?
Rei Hakurei

Awoken- wrote:

download the template? and check what people keep talking on this thread?
TheAussie

Rei Hakurei wrote:

Awoken- wrote:

download the template? and check what people keep talking on this thread?

there isnt a template yet for new skin.
jemhuntr
someone on #osu changed the ui font before. (well I have no idea if that's still possible on the new build but meh)
i forgot who he was, though.

I really hope peppy is already working on improving the taiko and mania interfaces though... oh well *back to enjoying my time drawing vividred operation*
Immaterial_old
Hey!!

Update the template plz

thx
Yuki-kun

Immaterial wrote:

Hey!!

Update the template plz

thx
You should pm peppy instead of posting here :P
Immaterial_old
seriously? I thought it was difficult to contact. I'll do it anyway. thx
Bittersweet
You should wait and keep on eye on the foruns, he said he will release it, so he will. No need to pm him for that :P
Immaterial_old
-_- I have not all the time in the world, I will have to check the total program
jarrisonfor
take long to publish the new skin? say how long it will take to publish about

I have a question, the new skin accepts funds in 1920x1080 resolution and resized according to the user's screen?

sorry for my bad English I'm Spanish and I'm using google translator to write
Topic Starter
MLGnom

jarrisonfor wrote:

I have a question, the new skin accepts funds in 1920x1080 resolution and resized according to the user's screen?

Well, that's depends on person who is making skin. (his/her photoediting skills, ideas, free time, what is actually skinned etc.). If person really want to release skin it can take few days - up to week.

Yes it is, as long as it's created for HD resolution (resolution with height larger than 1000px or forced in osu! config file). Every skin file that is supposed to be HD should have "@2x" in the end. For example :
pause-overlay@2x.png
jarrisonfor

MLGnom wrote:

jarrisonfor wrote:

Well, that's depends on person who is making skin. (his/her photoediting skills, ideas, free time, what is actually skinned etc.). If person really want to release skin it can take few days - up to week.

Yes it is, as long as it's created for HD resolution (resolution with height larger than 1000px or forced in osu! config file). Every skin file that is supposed to be HD should have "@2x" in the end. For example :
pause-overlay@2x.png

thanks for the reply, but sorry I have a problem with that you said about @ x2

is that it does not work I put an image and adapt to 1920x1080 resolution I put the name to be next to @ x2 and does not work, put a transparent black screen

supposedly this although I have a lower resolution screen (mine is 1366x768) image would have to adapt to my resolution even though the picture is 1920x1080 right?

What I want is to make a skin that can be used on any screen and images are made full screen
Topic Starter
MLGnom
If you are using 1366x768 you (or anyone else) will need to force this option to work. (resolution height is lower than 1000px)

Find in main osu! folder, file named "osu!.<username>.cfg" and open it with notepad.
Then you need to find this line :
HighResolution = 0

And change 0 to 1.

If you want to make skin for every resolution just make 2 backgrounds : Normal and HD (this is even recommended for everyone if someone is making HD skin)

Also, remember that @x2 MUST be 2x size of normal sprite since it will be way to small.

Example :
"pause-overlay.png" - is normal pause screen. Size : 1366x768px
"pause-overlay@x2.png" - will be replaced if person is using resolution with height above 1000px or forced it (this thing above). Size : 2732x1536px
AussieEvil
I really need the metrics for the ranking screen elements!
Topic Starter
MLGnom
About which elements do you need to know?
AussieEvil
Preferred size of "Perfect," how to align the score graph and position of accuracy/combo numbers
senofdark
is it possible to screenshot in the game and crop out the default skin ? lol
show more