forum

Do you believe in gay rights?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
4c1dR4inb0w
I believe that love is not a question of gender or political correctness, or even age. Do you believe gay love is correct, should it be allowed? If so, what is your view if not your reasoning?
boat

Majority of the users here aren't old enough to provide any sensible arguments regarding this topic. I suggest you go somewhere else.
Jarby
I can see this thread exploding as soon as someone disagrees, though you'd have to be some sort of ultra conservative in this day and age to disapprove of the act regardless of marriage laws. Please no.
Miyu
I believe that love is not a question of gender or political correctness, or even age. Do you believe gay love is correct, should it be allowed? If so, what is your view if not your reasoning?

In my opinion i think that everyone is free to choose whatever they want with their lifes,though if we look well into this topic there is actually religions who say that Gay marriage/Gay intercourse is a sin.
i couldnt really say i see it as a wrong thing..as i mentioned before i think each human being has the possibility to choose their own path and life but the majority population does see it as wrong

as from the adoption,marriage yadayada. in a way i dont think its right a gay couple take care of a kid still they are CAPABLE to do what a normal couple do,well yet this kind of topic its still somehow a bit of taboo for our generation i guess? (perphaps thats just me lols i dont really know much either im judging who is gay yet there is always wrong sides whenever it comes to topics like these.

Resuming..if its correct or not its up to each individual minds.
VoidnOwO
:)
D33d
I certainly don't believe that homosexuals should any kind of special treatment, but they should be allowed to do as they like and who they like.
Topic Starter
4c1dR4inb0w
I apologize if this is taboo on this site I was just wonder what some of my fellow osu!ers thought :/ I apologize if this is offensive.
silmarilen
anybody who even thinks of gay people being "different" should get special treatment, they arent any more different than you or me.
Aoriki

silmarilen wrote:

anybody who even thinks of gay people being "different" should get special treatment, they aren't any more different than you or me.
Miyu

4c1dR4inb0w wrote:

I apologize if this is taboo on this site I was just wonder what some of my fellow osu!ers thought :/ I apologize if this is offensive.
Hahah no!
i just meant it as general discussion it is kind of taboo for some people

also

silmarilen wrote:

anybody who even thinks of gay people being "different" should get special treatment, they arent any more different than you or me.
+1
Bweh
>Believe
>Not agree

Come on OP, gay rights aren't a fairy tale or some kind of conspiracy erected by Jews

Anyway it's not really something I wholeheartedly agree with, but everyone should be able to do what they want, as long as it doesn't infringe upon other's rights.
Kaona

silmarilen wrote:

^

Homosexuals should be given equal rights like just the rest of us.
GladiOol
i actually googled up arguments against, and one of 'm was 'it offends god'.

lol
skibblesx
**petition to change form Gay Rights to Humans Rights**
Sotodashi
I'm Swedish.
Low

Sotodashi wrote:

I'm Swedish.
best post in this thread by far

anyway, yes, i do support or """""believe""""" in gay rights. people who say that it's wrong and ruins the traditional value of marriage (or something else ridiculous) should jump off a cliff because what does it matter to them?
XPJ38

boat wrote:

Majority of the users here aren't old enough to provide any sensible arguments regarding this topic. I suggest you go somewhere else.
</thread>

This kind of sensitive topic could transform into a flamewar at any time. I am not sure it should go on, really. osu! isn't the appropriate place for that.
Loctav
As long as the thread stays civil, you can keep discussing.
Please keep in mind that everyone has also the right to have their own opinion, so if someone appears with a disagreeing point of view, you shouldn't rampage on them.

@thread I see no reason why people like me shouldn't be able to marry or adopt children. It's not that we would take away other people's chances to also adopt children or to marry. From a psychological aspect, it's shown that children do not give a poot about the gender of the parents, as long as it has a peer person.
Seph
I believe in gay rights. Why, would it hurt if another man married another man? Even your god didn't say anything about it, so why should anybody else do?

I have a lot of gay friends and I find them really fun to talk to, and most of them are even smarter than the normal guys.

also most gay people are pretty much good looking than the normal ones so guys, think of it that they are trying to help you get a girl
Sync

Seph wrote:

also most gay people are pretty much good looking than the normal ones so guys, think of it that they are trying to help you get a girl
; - )

I personally do not know a single person that does not "believe" in gay rights. Then again, most of the people I "personally know" are on the internet these days...but outside of 13 year olds and uber-religious people it probably remains the same
Rantai
For me, I am pretty much apathetic. I don't care if you are gay or not but I also don't care what rights you have or don't have.

I probably sound like a jerk but yeah...
Yuzeyun
I personally know one person who is gay, and it's no other than my brother. I went to a forum that discussed about that very question, and one said we don't have a sexual orientation, but we are interested more in girls or boys. There shouldn't be any difference between gay and non-gay people. If we call them so, it's because of the difference they have, the difference we have defined. Should be believe in gay rights? I shouldn't. Because we shouldn't talk about them.
Why, will you ask me.

I find that talking about gay rights is a problem since it implicitly means that they don't have any towards the law. (As in love-wise, they can't marry unless they are from a few countries)

In France, right now, I don't know if you have heard about the law allowing gay/lesbian marriages (Mariage pour tous or Marriage for everyone). This is a very good idea to make everyone equal to marriage, but what saddens me (and a lot of people) is the Manif pour tous, being opposed (by manifesting in the streets), and claiming that gay people do not deserve such a good treat. (Using the family arguments, or to say it's disgusting)
Aoriki
As someone who has friends that are into their own gender, I support the rights of them able to marry one another. Even though our government is trying to put a stop in it. I don't think it's right for them to control who is allowed to love and who isn't. We are allowed to choice who we want to be with. (psh, even with the new laws saying they allowed gay marriage, people still deny it.)
Bweh
Gotta make volatile threads explode, I guess.

The problem, I think, is making LGBT a non-issue

Or at least tone it down to the point that it's just another difference in sexual preference, like how people would look at a fetish or something.

But that's the thing. If anything it bothers me it's just how many heads rise at the mention of anything related to gays. People suddenly climb up to their moral high grounds, ready to intercept anyone willing to say anything against them. Bleeding hearts are everywhere. Fucks are given to no end. Banners, logos, slogans, and unions are made, ultimately segmenting the LGBT group from regular society even more. What should be accepted as normal stands out the most.

I doubt LGBT will become a non-issue. Racism still exists, people care about political correctness, and you can get your head chewed off for seriously stating that you're uncomfortable around <insert unprivileged group here>. I'm all up for equal rights and then seeing how that'll go, but I don't think the issue will ever disappear. :|

4c1dR4inb0w wrote:

This is another thing that bothers me.

Homosexuality is strictly, well, sexual. Love doesn't fit in anywhere in the equation. For example, while there can be gay love in the sense that two men love each other and also want each other's bodies, they don't always go hand in hand. Two men can love each other and not feel any carnal desire and viceversa.

When people ask "what's wrong with two men loving each other?!" I cringe. People immediately jump to the conclusion that that means they're gay, because clearly two men caring for each other obviously means they want to be butt buds. Point is sexuality and love aren't mutually inclusive. Please don't use love so casually.
Jarby

Brian OA wrote:

Homosexuality is strictly, well, sexual. Love doesn't fit in anywhere in the equation. For example, while there can be gay love in the sense that two men love each other and also want each other's bodies, they don't always go hand in hand. Two men can love each other and not feel any carnal desire and viceversa.

When people ask "what's wrong with two men loving each other?!" I cringe. People immediately jump to the conclusion that that means they're gay, because clearly two men caring for each other obviously means they want to be butt buds. Point is sexuality and love aren't mutually inclusive. Please don't use love so casually.
I think you're being rather anal if you'll excuse the pun. The fact is that most people in romantic relationships are also in sexual ones. People with affectional orientation and sexual orientation outside of the norm are persecuted minorities most anywhere and something like equal marriage rights supports them both in the long run. Seeing as how the words love and romance aren't exactly interchangeable and that the former can be a euphemism for sex in the first place, I don't see why it would bother you; gay primarily refers to homosexual and possibly homoromantic people, not just homoromantic.
Bweh

Jarby wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

I think you're being rather anal if you'll excuse the pun. The fact is that most people in romantic relationships are also in sexual ones. People with affectional orientation and sexual orientation outside of the norm are persecuted minorities most anywhere and something like equal marriage rights supports them both in the long run. Seeing as how the words love and romance aren't exactly interchangeable and that the former can be a euphemism for sex in the first place, I don't see why it would bother you; gay primarily refers to homosexual and possibly homoromantic people, not just homoromantic.
Looking back I regret writing that the way I did.

I'll admit though, I haven't looked at it that way before.
Kanye West

Jarby wrote:

I think you're being rather anal if you'll excuse the pun.
Best post in the thread.
theowest
I believe in human rights, homosexual or not.
show more