forum

Taiko Drum Master Storyboard (Featuring Chibi Agents!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
awp
That is so awesome.
Dark Deception_old
Best. Gameplay. Storyboard. EVER!
awp
SOOOOOO awesome

Download: ChEBA.rar
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Taking a while to upload. Here's some screens

Edit: And here's the file! http://up.ppy.sh/files/taikostoryboard2.osz

Does anybody have an opinion on the "mosh pit" at the end? It doesn't really match the style but if nobody cares about it then I'll call this finished. 8-)

awp
In the spirit of this awesome storyboard:

MaxwellDemon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sinistro
Haha, love how Agent J's pompadour bounces up and down :D And bouncing Commander Kahn, of course. :) Can he be scripted to adjust his jumping based on each song's bpm? Otherwise, it may seem strange in other songs.
Having things gradually appear on the bottom kept things interesting, too. Very polished work overall.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
:D Thanks!

More screens. Now the Agents jump up from below the screen, and they're synchronized with one another consistently! Also, Wada Don (the drum) doesn't start dancing until gameplay starts, and I replaced the Taiko souls with EBA stars.

I haven't uploaded this new version yet, because I'm still waiting for the new mosh pit image. Don't worry, Kahn will still be jumping, but he'll be in Chibi-A style. :)

Sinistro
Chibi Kahn! YES! I thought about asking for that, but figured that if you could, you'd have done that already! Divas too, if that's possible.
awp
Guess I better get to work

*scribble*

EDIT: Morris fixes attached

Download: morris.rar
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Let me tell you.
This is possibly one of the best things I've ever seen.
No more, no less.
The idea is excellent, the teamwork is brilliant, and the beta product blows my mind.
Can't wait for it to become universal so I can have 'em in other songs.
awp

YEAAAAAAAAAH!

awp

Agent BA8 Rookbie
I like Kahn.
He looks cute.
Excellent work on all of 'em.
awp
Chieftain and Spin

I'm dead

RemmyX25
Epic Win, awp. Epic. Win.

Luigi, from the screenshots, it looks amazing. I can't wait to test drive this on my computer!
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Bumping because it's finished. See the links in the first post!
nintendoto
This isn't working on my computer! :cry:
Dark Deception_old
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Try adding this difficulty, then. Should work.

Download: Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up 2 (LuigiHann) [Storyboarded].osu
Alieax
SWEEEET, The Chibi look is AWSOME. Love it! :)
nintendoto
Yay! :) It works! Thanks LuigiHann! :)
mattyu007
This looks relli good with the taiko mod XP Losing frames near the end tho :( 40 fps tops?
peppy

mattyu007 wrote:

This looks relli good with the taiko mod XP Losing frames near the end tho :( 40 fps tops?
gasp. this would be the limitations of your graphics card's fill rate. we used to have these problems with osu! alone, but i guess with such fierce storyboarding we are pushing the limitations of your macbook's hardware.
mattyu007
lol, horray for crappy graphics processors!! :P
crystalsuicune
I can only say one thing:
We should totally have an Ouendan version of this!!
*sets off to draw Taiko'd!Ouendan*
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

crystalsuicune wrote:

If you can animate them, by all means. I'd love to do a follow-up to this, but awp can only be bossed around so much before he mutinies.

Great icon, btw.
crystalsuicune

LuigiHann wrote:

crystalsuicune wrote:

If you can animate them, by all means. I'd love to do a follow-up to this, but awp can only be bossed around so much before he mutinies.

Great icon, btw.
<-Doesn't have,and can't afford yet,flash.
EPIC FAIL,CRYSTAL.

Soo,what's the size for the chibi-ouendan art?
jonathan_old
May I help with the hand-drawing and you get all credit for it?
Edit: Will there be a separate version for Red and Blue Ouendan?

Here:

To LH : Your credit because this was your idea. You can only do so much with MS Paint.

awp
So this is where Chibi Ouendan came from.

I actually don't mind - the ChiBA were fun to draw, and the Ouendan should be too because of crazy hairstyles.
crystalsuicune

awp wrote:

So this is where Chibi Ouendan came from.

I actually don't mind - the ChiBA were fun to draw, and the Ouendan should be too because of crazy hairstyles.
Apparently Shinta's hair is the most..normal,not counting
the cheergirls.
*continues to ponder which dance move should I animate them for(in ol' GIF)*
awp
actually don't animate in gif. Animate as a series of pngs

file0.png
file1.png
file2.png
file3.png
file4.png

etc
crystalsuicune
awp
just give the files to LH, he'll animate them in the storyboard

Download: Yousei Teikoku - Senketsu No Chikai (TV Size) (Mafiamaster) [test].osu
Dylans222
nice Storyboard i like it and its cute <3