forum

osu! Public Release (b20130328)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Due to a largely negative response to the "unified ranking" change I made, I have since made further adjustments by separating the ranking types into a new dropdown. As of this release, country ranking is also available! Keep in mind that even though these features are only available to supporters, there is a chance they will still take a while to display due to the amount of processing necessary.

The ranking display also shows 8 instead of 7 scores without scrolling. I'm also experimenting with removing the load delay for supporters, which should make rankings feel a lot snappier at the song select screen (this may be reverted depending on load).

Lots of bug fixes too.
Zamura_old
Seems like a much improved solution so far! I like being able to see my country ranking easily now too, awesome!

Edit: On second look, the country rankings are definitely not working correctly, as I am seeing many people who are not in my country on the list. For instance:

I am in USA, and Karuta is most certainly not. If this is part of the "take a while to load" issue, then that makes sense, otherwise figured i'd point this out.
haxsu
Wow, this is a much better update. Thanks peppy.
Avner
is this feature would be available to all users in the next future?
fjsl01
Nice! Thanks Peppy, very interesting
AlphaWaves
Really interesting.

But doesnt work at all for me. Top Scores and Country show the exact same thing.

SPOILER
For instance :

And none of these 7 are french.
Shadow
Thanks peppy! Loving all these updates you streaming into osu! lately.

My country filter is also showing the top scores, but friends filter work perfectly now.
Raging Bull
Country as in the country were currently in or where we registered?
Mira-san
Country rankings doesn't show any difference to the Top Scores on mine either.
Topic Starter
peppy
Country rankings should display properly again.

Avner wrote:

is this feature would be available to all users in the next future?
Probably not in the near future, due to how much it takes to do these lookups. I am always working on optimising stuff though, so it may happen at some point.
Justykanna
Much nicer display than before, I like it.
Lots of updates lately, keep up the good work!
XEPCOH
peppy, it's AWESOME, really AWESOME!
To end this work with ranking, I advice you to make top 100 shown while playing and return top 400 back to song select ranking panel. Also, making country rank in profile would be interesting, too.
XPJ38
This space optimization looks pretty good I must say.

Don't forget to add those new supporter-only features here: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
Tear
I liked unified ranking much more... I enjoyed being able to compete against both friends and top50 in-game, now I can only see one list at the time while playing and I have to switch tabs each time I want to see how my friends did, because I'd rather have top50. It would be great if it was added back as an option... Unified ranking was perfect for me except for local scores, which make no sense there imo and just spam it.

EDIT: I can't be the only one who liked it, right?...
Raging Bull
Country ranking useless to me. Not a lot from guam play.(´;ω;`)
Zare

Raging Bull wrote:

Other's like it though, so as long as it doesn't harm you, no need to complain...

right?
Raging Bull
Not like Im asking it to be removed or anything like some people.
Natsu

Raging Bull wrote:

T-T but is nice i hope more people in my country start play this game too :3
frfrfr_old
This version of ranking look pretty nice. Good work. =)
[Maid] NekoRyo
Yes PPY this is much better!!~ :D thank you for the Superb Improvement!!~ *Thumb Up*
ryza
Great work on this, much better than before.

One thing - when looking at country/friend/mod rankings, would it also be possible to have the global ranking for that score display somewhere?
Babukus
This is real nice. At least for me it seems more organized since I can choose what I want to see. Liking this much more than original unified ranking. Thanks for the update peppy.
Akhlis_old
This "feels" much better. Damn I already love the new ranking, even if right now is sloppy I'm sure you will fix it in the end ♥
gdude2002

_tear wrote:

I liked unified ranking much more... I enjoyed being able to compete against both friends and top50 in-game, now I can only see one list at the time while playing and I have to switch tabs each time I want to see how my friends did, because I'd rather have top50. It would be great if it was added back as an option... Unified ranking was perfect for me except for local scores, which make no sense there imo and just spam it.

EDIT: I can't be the only one who liked it, right?...
I have to agree with _tear here; it was nice seeing my position among both my friends and the top50 together. However, I can see why people might like the split rankings too. Perhaps make it configurable?

Don Omar wrote:

peppy, it's AWESOME, really AWESOME!
To end this work with ranking, I advice you to make top 100 shown while playing and return top 400 back to song select ranking panel. Also, making country rank in profile would be interesting, too.
I agree!

and this means you're working for country ranking on profile?
Mira-san
Looks great. hueheuheuhe.
FoxCat
Is much better now, at least all rankings aren't mixed and doesn't confuse me.

Btw...

I just lol'd
AlphaWaves
Peppy you should avoid useless scores sorting both server-side and client-side :

Example: if Im sorting scores by "country" and I add the hidden mod, then it will recalculate scores list, which will be the same.
Since it takes a second or two to render, I bet the server does the sorting and send it to me again (would take a millisecond else, if it were client-side rendering).
Remove those useless calculs, it is not a problem for the client if it still does them, but that could avoid lot of work to the servers.

Good luck : )
show more