forum

Ability to change a game mode by keyboard only [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
As new update appeared, we can change a game mode not going back to menu but now it's pretty uncomfortable. We can make button combinations for modes in songlist:
Alt+S - standard mode
Alt+T - taiko mode
Alt+C - CtB mode
Alt+M - Mania mode
Stefan
This is a bit lazy.
Sakura
Yeah, let's add a hotkey for everything!...

Stefan wrote:

This is a bit lazy.
I agree!
MillhioreF
Well, you can already navigate the entirety of the osu! menus keyboard only, except for Options... why not?
Compa

Sakura wrote:

Yeah, let's add a hotkey for everything!...
yesplz.
Full Tablet
This is actually a good idea.
theramdans
I cant do this anymore with the current update

In main menu, tap p then s then (t/c/m)

adding these hotkeys will be their replacements \o/
theowest
You can still tap twice at the same place from the play position if you're clicking on the bottom half of it. So it's just half as annoying as we thought. :p
Sakura

theowest wrote:

You can still tap twice at the same place from the play position if you're clicking on the bottom half of it. So it's just half as annoying as we thought. :p
Except this request is about hotkeys for game mode in song select, not tapping the "play" key
theowest
oshit, wrong topic.
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
oh lol
Cobra
hotkey for clicking notes pls
Frosthart
I like the idea. This was the first thing i searched in the new update
RoyalMilkTea
I don't see the need for it.
Nessuka
Can we have a hotkey to go to the bathroom too? I'd rather just press a button than go all the way there.

No, but seriously, osu! needs LESS hotkeys, hell, mod selection keys are stupid as it is.
pixeldesu
I don't see any need for this. osu! already has a plenty of hotkeys to navigate through the main menu, but this is just lazy.
Kyonko Hizara
I might die if there are any more hotkeys
zozozofun
Only hotkeys I use are F9 and F8, the others just seem to piss me off.
TooFab4U

theowest wrote:

Or just press the osu circle thrice. Not annoying at all :).
bwross
Why should people have to connect a pointing device to switch between modes that don't even require a pointing device? Sounds reasonable to me to have a way to do it... especially since it was doable before. It doesn't even have to be hotkeys... Tab/Arrows/Enter is the standard way to get around a GUI with a keyboard.
Marcin
Well, When playing Taiko I get my wireless (hate me) keyboard, and sit comfortable and play it. But I'm too lazy to get the mouse / wireless mouse, so I'm using the keyboard to navigate through osu!... So ... why not?
Aka
все мажоры играют только в стандарт/манию и не видят надобности в этом. печально.
deadbeat
[peppy] Allow switching game modes at song select using Ctrl+1-4.

added i guess
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
yaaaaaay :3