forum

Ryu* vs. kors k - Force of Wind

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Jenny
Old Extra removed (don't worry, it's save - same goes for the old .mp3), .mp3 cut, faded and so on, offsets adjusted etc. etc.
  • Old Extra and W1 will return, be sure folks!
Topic Starter
Jenny
ztrot o3o
ztrot
[Overall]
The combo colors on this thing are really annoying they blend too well consider changing them.

[Intermediate]
01:40:057 (1) - Unsnapped slider
01:57:684 (1) - Unsnapped slider
01:57:684 (1) - Unsnapped slider
02:00:395 (2) - Unsnapped slider

[gAlv]
02:49:548 (2) - Unsnapped slider

[Hyper]
Spinner new combo bug thingy I usually don't notice these but might as will fix it

other than that looks good, mind you the unsnapped sliders might just be AImod tripping balls but it won't hurt to fix it or resnap to be safe.
Topic Starter
Jenny
fixed all the stuff and darkened/thickened combo colors
ztrot
trot was here
Michi
rank pls
Zare

Michi wrote:

rank pls
Topic Starter
Jenny
post 88 was a german

>signs
Charles445
Extra would be great if it didn't have circle stream jumps
It's barely playable with them in it. It creates a jerky movement that doesn't fit the rest of the difficulty.

Wait, I think I said that already
JAKACHAN
Circle stream jumps are unplayable.

Hate to say it I usually enjoy your maps, but those circle stream jumps just totally ruin the flow and make the map unplayable.
Love
Auto doesn't 100% the Extra.

Not to mention the 1/4 jumps are impossible to hit.
rrtyui
:o
MMzz

Love wrote:

Auto doesn't 100% the Extra.

Not to mention the 1/4 jumps are impossible to hit.
Very true.

01:03:785 (1) - Auto 100's at the end because of the distance. You should stack it on top of 01:05:141 (1) - or a little more to the left if you want, as long as auto doesn't 100. Also you need extend it one more tick on 1/8th so it's accurate to the music.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Fixed the slider, though I liked how a player could possibly gain more accuracy than auto on a map.
Michi
pussies
Zare

Michi wrote:

pussies
quoting Michi is fun
Topic Starter
Jenny
Zarerion, Michi, you're not helping.

If it was for stream-stream-stream jumps, I can see that, those mostly suck but as this is slider-stream-slider, it is possible due to the slider leniency system; I've had various testers (e.g. Rucker, rrtyui, Michi, tsuka, myself if you want to count that) and none of those/"us" had problems catching them, though, there's one or two things I consider changing when I'm back at my host's house.
vipto
gg Jenny
galvenize
I don't think the stream jumps are as bad as they're made out to be. I don't know about mouse users but they're pretty intuitive and easy to catch with the tablet.
Zare
Anyway, the bubble was popped for that slider, why isn't it rebubbled yet?
Topic Starter
Jenny
galv, they're fine on my end and I did put thought into them being doable while mapping - you know, I'm not the healthiest (-> fastest, in this case) on this game and I'm fine with anything like what I mapped here so yeah, my 2ct as the mapper

@Zarerion: MMzz wanted to fullmod it but did not get to it yet, it appears
Zare
Let me just point this out:

Charles445 wrote:

Auto doesn't know how to handle extremely short repeat sliders very well. It appears to let go of the slider too soon.
This isn't a problem with the map, this is just how auto plays.
This is a quote from Charles about RLC's new map "The Pretender" (which got approved in 6 days, but that's another story)
That map is now approved, no one cared about Auto not SS'ing. So why would you, MMzz, pop the bubble here? And more importantly, not rebubble it immediately after it's "fixed"?
If a BAT can't "get to" recheck a map, he shouldn't pop a bubble (for no reason) in the first place.
Aurele
Seems like he isn't coming back..
Topic Starter
Jenny
your turn then, gabe :v
Scorpiour
okay~~with MMzz's agree~~lemmi take a look what can i help :>

red - must be fixed
blue - highly recommend to consider
black - only suggestions

[General]
  1. The star rating of the lowest diff is over 3.24 :<
  2. Disable count down since you didn't leave enough space to it
  3. ArtistUnicode : Ryu☆
  4. Some of your diffs are still v11, just simply open them and save directly~
[Extra]
  1. 00:20:395 (1) - split to two sliders?
  2. 01:47:514 (2,3) - actually i expect a 4-ticks reverse slider here~ combine them together?
[gAlv]
  1. 00:07:684 (12,13) - ctrl+g for better flow?
  2. 00:12:599 (1,2) - i suppose slider first and then note is better~~
[Hyper]
  1. 01:24:124 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - this kinda stream maybe too hard for this diff..
  2. 02:28:870 (5) - move to 256:142? also difficulty issue
[Advanced]
  1. AR+1
[Intermediate]
  1. 00:43:785 (1,1,1) - if this is a Normal diff these spinners are too long. if this is a Hard, your difficulty setting is too low.
  2. 01:15:989 (1,2,3) - ^, similar case, also 01:17:345 (1,2,3) - . These note are hard to click for new players.
that's all.. well.. in gerenally, all single diffs are not bad, but the diff spread is really awful. Like Hyper or Intermediate, their position in the whole mapset are pretty awkward. the worse is...seems you try to use difficulty setting to balance that, but these difficulty setting like AR or CS are based on the density of your note and SV. that is, bad diff spread due to these uncoordinated settings < <

i'm sorry but i can't bubble the map until you solve that.
Topic Starter
Jenny
what's your suggestion to solve the spread issue? remove one or more diffs or redesign (which?) parts of diffs?

(as i don't have internet at home right now i will try to figure out things and talk to you asap)
Topic Starter
Jenny
Rebuilt parts of Ultimate's diff - star rating is now correct; KiyoshiX101 is on an SB.

(Also applied the other suggestions)
SB is done!!
[Luxord]
Also~

There's Inconsistency in Kiai Times~

Snap all Kiai times in all difficulties to the same Beginning and Ending time. :3
Topic Starter
Jenny
The maps are meant to have the kiaitimes of their respective mapper's preference so that's a wanted 'issue' - can change that in case a BAT sees it as a bad thing but in general, I like this diversity to distinguish mappers.

Renamed galv's diff (to make it more apparent what level it is) and the Starter with Ultimate's agreement (as it apparently is more of a Collab-Redesign thing now?).
Topic Starter
Jenny
Scorp, you coming back? >:
Scorpiour
[Extra]
  1. 01:21:284 (3) - Unsnapped (1ms off)
Topic Starter
Jenny
Fixed~ (update took me like 15 minutes because of crapnet <_<)
Scorpiour
rebubbled~~
lepidopodus
Well, selecting which diff will be in or out is mapset owner's decision, but making a diff isn't that easy job, even it's a Taiko diff. At least you should notify me about excluding my Taiko diff from it. Nothing will prevent this to be ranked, but don't forget that I felt bad after I know that you excluded my diff from your mapset.

Did I give my guest Taiko diff too easily? Hmm.
Topic Starter
Jenny
I tried contacting you but you kinda were gone for ages and for the last two months, I did not have internet available at home/workplace - I saved the diff as stated IRC and as said, I'm planning to re-upload it in a Taiko- and Full Version set, to not have it cut and make your effort wasted.

I also removed my own (and winber's) diffs, so please don't say it like I did just kick you out for the lulz.
I'm sorry if I made it sound wrong but I took long enough to take that into consideration and I will not just dumb any diffs mapped for or by me.
Pokie
  1. The current Artist and Title aren't exactly correct (Reference)
    SPOILER

Track: 18
    Title: Force of wind
    Desciption: New song for album / A collaboration song with kors k
  2. As there's none of specific Artist name for this track was provided on the webpage , I would suggest to use this form:

Artist: Ryu☆ & kors k
    Romanised Artist: Ryu* & kors k

Title: Force of wind
    Romanised Title: Force of wind

And a little question here...I'm curious about the reason of adding the "beatmap" tag xD

Anyways, I'll give a full check asap, popped for now
Topic Starter
Jenny
removed beatmap tag and changed the artist name to be more precise

the reasoning for using "feat." is, that all of Ryu*'s songs in this album add up to one big .mp3, also called Starmine Compilation/Marathon
kors k is some kind of "guest" for this part, so I think "feat." is better than "&", because it sounds more like Ryu* is the real "host" of the song this way, which he is, as the whole Starmine Marathon is "his project" - I hope this makes sense to you o3o
Colin Hou
metadata help, here is the booklet scan:

that is, title as 'Force of wind' and artist as 'the 4th (Ryu☆ vs. kors k)'
Kokatsu
Where's the Epilepsy Warning?
Pokie
I've already got one from here. So please don't give kds to this post!

• Red: Unrankable issues or Highly recommended
    Black: Opinions

General

1. As informed through irc chats, I tired to gather a few opinions from other staffs (5 of total amount), 4 of them agreed for the revision of fixing uppercase W to a lowercase one. Indeed I'm a bit stubborn on this case, hehe xD
  2. And about the epilepsy warning, hmm... As if enabled from song's setting, it would provide a permission to disable storyboard from the 1st play until you leave a score on the mapset. Plus, the lead-in stuff would be skipped after a retry (Which storyboard warning couldn't). Hence, I'd recommend to remove the customized warning and check the option from song's setting.

Extra

• 01:17:175 (8) - , 01:18:531 (8) - Slider's arrow is totally invisable, there's no way to indentify these objects as a reverse slider. I would highly recommend to fix this stuff before getting it to be ranked status. And I've found those slow down of slider's speed on these two 1/8s, is there any specific reasons? As this problem could be solved by increasing the slider's speed, I would suggest to remove two slow downs.

gAlv's 'nother

• 00:32:938 - The drain width is kinda dangerous on this section (dropped under 75%), I would suggest to cut combos on 00:35:650 (4) - and 00:49:209 (5) -
    01:08:870 (1) - Is it intentional for a single new combo here? It isn't a must to rearrange the combo pattern or not, but it does look weird when comparing to other combos.
    01:31:667 (1) - ^
    02:01:921 (9) - May need to cut off the new combo here as well
    02:39:887 (6) - This clap was misplaced, it should be on the slider tail of 02:39:548 (5) -
    02:50:734 (1) - And again a removable new combo

Hyper

• 01:42:345 (6) - This was stacked to a position which is kinda unreadable, I would suggest to stack this manually like this:

02:52:938 (1,1) - Jenny so tricky, please extend the spacing to -at least- 1.20x to avoid a mislead on rhythm. For example:

Intermediate

• 00:43:785 (1) - There's only 1 beat to next spinner which has a difference with following spinners, please crop it at 00:48:192 -

And.... seems I'm not able to rank this due to some big changes, please call me back for a bubble repair ;)
show more