forum

[invalid] #touhou channel request

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +33
Topic Starter
MYRKUL
Well, there's a lot of people who really wants it, so give it a chance.
Kyoshizora
Firce777
=w=
Jinxy
Here's a story:

Long ago, there was a #touhou channel, and people were annoyed that there was no channel for other videogames.
And then #touhou became #videogames.

The End. So use #videogames.

As for why #minecraft exists, it's because osu has a (pretty dead) server and its chat is linked to #minecraft and vice-versa.
Kyoshizora
-xNaCLx-

JInxyjem wrote:

Here's a story:

Long ago, there was a #touhou channel, and people were annoyed that there was no channel for other videogames.
And then #touhou became #videogames.

The End. So use #videogames.

As for why #minecraft exists, it's because osu has a (pretty dead) server and its chat is linked to #minecraft and vice-versa.
and now we have #videogames, so is time for #touhou to come back \:D/
Topic Starter
MYRKUL
There's a Feature Request forum, we're using it
Jinxy
Yes, you are. However, not all requests are valid. #touhou isn't required. #videogames is basically a chat room for all videogames, and touhou is a videogame, so you can use that. #minecraft is an exception because it's linked to an official Minecraft server.
Kyoshizora
Acrith
Kyoren is here fully right. Osu! theme is about anime songs, and Touhou songs mostly, people try to find for themselves a channel like #touhou that got deleted, and they're unfortunatelly not so really coming into #videogames, cause people think it's.. I don't know, too random?

I see many people that're talking at their country channels about touhou, also on #taiko, or just PM themselves, cuz they don't like #videogames. So why don't give it a chance, for #touhou to welcome back here?
Marcin
I'll always say the same:
There was #ponies
And it's gone
And so will any other channel for "big" community.
Fllandre

Kyoren wrote:

The fact that #videogames are just too random, it was annoying other touhou fans. The community is big if you think about it :3
1) Osu! Players have IGN's taken from Touhou Characters (Or inspired by them).
2) Touhou songs in Osu! are common.
3) Touhou has it's own server in hamachi: Touhousu!
4) Many Touhou related stuff going on in Osu! right now.
5) Well, opinions are opinions, we want this channel, so yea, everyone is entitled to their own Negative/positive thoughts or comments.

100% agree!

I want #touhou too.
theowest
From my experience, #videogames is only ever active when america's awake.
Lots of people like to talk about LoL in #osu, and they don't always seem to move to #videogames where they should be talking about it.

Touhou is such a big thing here on osu!, I actually agree to this touhou channel.
Shohei Ohtani
I remember there being a #touhou channel when I joined. However, I was never really sure of how active it is.

I never really see anybody talking about the game, though. Mostly it's like "Utsuho so moooeee <3~" or something, not really actual game discussion.

It's also too specific. Channels should be as broad as possible. Having specific channels for certain subjects is just too much.

Videogames is a broad subject. There's lots of video games. However, only one series of game is too much.

It's kind of like having a channel for Mario Kart. It's a fine series, people do stuff on it, but it can be put in general video games. (Probably a bad example since that's all that #videogames is really used for, but still owo)
Topic Starter
MYRKUL

CDFA wrote:

I remember there being a #touhou channel when I joined. However, I was never really sure of how active it is.

I never really see anybody talking about the game, though. Mostly it's like "Utsuho so moooeee <3~" or something, not really actual game discussion.

It's also too specific. Channels should be as broad as possible. Having specific channels for certain subjects is just too much.

Videogames is a broad subject. There's lots of video games. However, only one series of game is too much.

It's kind of like having a channel for Mario Kart. It's a fine series, people do stuff on it, but it can be put in general video games. (Probably a bad example since that's all that #videogames is really used for, but still owo)
But think about talking in #videogames about every game created :(
Zerostarry
Does anyone even play the Touhou games?

I don't want a channel where everyone is spouting stupid memes like cirno baka and sanae slut and kaguya neet :I
TouhouNerd

Princess wrote:

Does anyone even play the Touhou games?

I don't want a channel where everyone is spouting stupid memes like cirno baka and sanae slut and kaguya neet :I
+1
The most ppl here didn't even play touhou. They are going to spam unfunny pictures, ⑨-balls, bad Sakuya knifed jokes and so on and so on.
I'm already annoyed of it and #touhou doesn't even exist atm.
And it was always a dead channel and if i say dead i mean dead, like no one used it 24/7.
XPJ38
Back in the days when #touhou was alive, it was totally inactive, or when it was, people in there were either trolling or talking about nonsense. That's why it became #videogames. So there is absolutely no need for a #touhou channel.

And even if #touhou was created, people will then request a #LoL channel. And #CoD, #GTA, #WoW channels. This will have no end.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
more osu! players play mahjong, #mahjong plz
Shohei Ohtani

MYRKUL wrote:

CDFA wrote:

But think about talking in #videogames about every game created :(
Currently it seems fine. It's not really desperately active, and most discussions go like

"Has n e 1 played dis gam?"
"no"
"kartparty"
"dude srs we have one planned for saturday"
"kartparty"
"stop"
Bweh
There is no reason for this channel to exist.

While the Touhou community is remarkably large, the games themselves are not so thought-provoking that they'd warrant constant discussion--at least not enough to sustain an IRC channel on its own.

Plus, I don't even want to think about the volumes of NSFW content that would get chucked around in there.

Moreover, #videogames is practically a wasteland. You can take your 2hus there.
Kyoshizora
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

Lots of people like to talk about LoL in #osu, and they don't always seem to move to #videogames where they should be talking about it.

Touhou is such a big thing here on osu!, I actually agree to this touhou channel.
sorry, can't agree with you this time. gonna have to side with JInxyjem
use #videogames
XK2238
I totally support this, even though I don't play much (at least I did) of it.
inb4 trying to become a joker in there
Seph
#videogames is a general videogame channel, its always free to use (though its dead most of the times except US time)

even though some will talk about other games, who cares? as long as you're on topic its perfectly fine.
Flower

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

more osu! players play mahjong, #mahjong plz
Don't think anyone would have ever used irc channel ingame so search for ji-friends playmates. They just throw address in the IC groups like QQ qun.
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

theowest wrote:

sorry, can't agree with you this time. gonna have to side with JInxyjem
use #videogames
I've changed my mind!
Saten
Maybe when this gets implemented
t/19307
theowest

Saten wrote:

t/19307
I agree! Every game mode has its own channel.
Mercurial
I find this really senseless.
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

Saten wrote:

t/19307
I agree! Every game mode has its own channel.
then it would be #touhosu or what ever the game mode gets called. if you wanna discuss touhou, just chat in videogames. thats what its there for :/