forum

ONE OK ROCK - The Beginning

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zare
the thing is, overmapping isn't exactly defined. Some call overmapping placing circles where nothing is in the music, as lolcubes said.
However others refer to overmapping as adding jumps where no belong or making the map too hard and unfitting.

Since both apply here (IMO), it doesn't really matter right now though.
UnitedWeSin

lolcubes wrote:

UnitedWeSin wrote:

"overmapping" is entirely an opinion
Overmapping is not an opinion. Overmapping is mapping notes in spots where there is no music, i.e. beats, melody, vocals or any other instrument. That is not an opinion.
Ok correction, "overmapping" always being a negative thing is entirely an opinion. I do not think that mappers should be forbidden from making the rhythm set more complicated, even if such a rhythm set isn't performed in the song note by note, as long as it makes sense rhythmically and people can follow it, which is the case here. Mapping like this can create a really unique experience imo if done correctly.
Pokie
I agree ShapphireGhost's point. Everyone had their own thought, forcing others to do something when they resist would just lead the whole thing to a bad side- and it actually happened here. I'd wonder why we can't use a gentle way, to get both side calmed and get the problem solved. :oops:
Kiiwa
Hey, in this set there are many difficulties that follow the rhythm to the best of the mappers abilities. So for Dance difficulty, can't the mapper create some unique rhythm?

I think it's unfair for a XAT to tell her to remake her whole difficultly even after all this modding because some 1/4's isn't in the music. If the map can still be played well, who cares?
Cyclohexane
completely disregarding the whole overmapping argument I haven't even looked at the map tbh

wasn't this also unranked for bad timing? Shouldn't that be fixed?
Loctav
Please keep in mind that some stuff has already been changed.
Still gathering even more opinions and giving everyone the chance to express their thoughts before we start rechecking it.
those

Kiiwa wrote:

If the map can still be played well, who cares?
Imagine this plays well:

You get the point.
Kiiwa

those wrote:

Kiiwa wrote:

Imagine this plays well:

You get the point.
You don't even say where in the map this is!
How the hell can anyone tell if this plays well or not if we can can't hear if for ourselves and can judge only off one picture?
What a stupid reply.
those
The point is, you can put that anywhere on the map, and you can back it up with "I think it fits", where in reality this rhythm pattern doesn't appear ANYWHERE in this song.

Sorry for overestimating your ability, I should be more thorough in my explanations.
AngelHoney
you guys think its overmap :o
Andrea

Andrea wrote:

I don't like Dance difficulty, it's really too overmapped and destroys the mapset.
I told you that T_T
BrokenArrow
And yet you ranked it
SapphireGhost
Kiiwa and those: Not all overmapping is bad to the same extent. I believe Kiiwa's point is that tutuhaha used overmapping in a way that was still reasonable and people found playable, and those's point is a general point against overmapping, that if you overmap to an extreme then it's not playable or fun.

Now, I think Kiiwa's response is a bit harshly worded, but I agree with her point that you can use overmapping to a certain extent without it becoming unplayable. You can see an example of unplayable overmapping in those's post, but it's not relevant to the extent of overmapping found in this map.

Like any mapping technique, you can use just some overmapping, or you can go too far. If I'm using new combo spam as a mapping technique, it can be done reasonably (example) or not (example). Overmapping is not inherently bad, but it is often done badly which is why people tend to draw that conclusion. As it pertains to this map, it's a question of whether it's being done reasonably or not, and in my opinion yes, it is and there wasn't a need to unrank it for that reason.
Strawberry
i just get this map and test some times, the map is really cool from all kinds of aspects when i'm standing in the point of view of a normal player.

should the power to make decision not be grasped by most players? what i want to express is that people (who has ability to play Dance diff) is enjoy the experience during the play mostly. since we can all heard there are most strong beat from drum, the style of this diff can integrate the emotion of people into the song, the rhythm, also including the lyric.. these things are all the part of the song and also can not be express by the beat we can only find in the vocal or instrument.
those
A response like this usually means one or both of two things: you think the MAT/BAT teams are unnecessary, and/or you forget MAT/BAT are players.
Gundam

those wrote:

Kiiwa wrote:

Imagine this plays well:

You get the point.
I can't find it in this map. can you point it?

those wrote:

The point is, you can put that anywhere on the map, and you can back it up with "I think it fits", where in reality this rhythm pattern doesn't appear ANYWHERE in this song.
You should try to play DJMAX TECHNIKA then you will change your mind.

Why a beatmap has many diff?
I think the key point is:RHYTHM
basic diff's rhythm is sparse but higher diff's rhythm intensive.For example,jubeat's Basic,Advanced and Extreme,DJMAX TECHNIKA's Normal,Hard and Maximum.In Extreme or Maximum,there are so much rhythm pattern(can't find in the song),but nobody think it's unplayable or overmap.I think this map is analogous,you know,Rating of the map is 9.6,it means that this map is playable.A map is playable or no is depends on most of player instead of some BAT/MAT.

so,rerank it plz.

edit:

those wrote:

A response like this usually means one or both of two things: you think the MAT/BAT teams are unnecessary, and/or you forget MAT/BAT are players.
Why is such a player with little judgement skill to be elected as a Team member? Who did this?
Strawberry
someone always force his mind into others. ;)

anyway. *support for rerank
AngelHoney
Loctav unranked, 10058pc , 3 ranked maps ,83 kds ,cool~
and why you think overmapped = unplayable ?
Zare

Gundam wrote:

Imagine this plays well:

You get the point.
I can't find it in this map. can you point it?
It's obvious what he means, really. He isn't talking about a specific part in the map.
he even explained what he meant in an earlier post. learn to read before joining an argument.

Why a beatmap has many diff?
I think the key point is:RHYTHM
basic diff's rhythm is sparse but higher diff's rhythm intensive.For example,jubeat's Basic,Advanced and Extreme,DJMAX TECHNIKA's Normal,Hard and Maximum.In Extreme or Maximum,there are so much rhythm pattern(can't find in the song),but nobody think it's unplayable or overmap.I think this map is analogous,you know,Rating of the map is 9.6,it means that this map is playable.A map is playable or no is depends on most of player instead of some BAT/MAT.

so,rerank it plz.
This isn't DJMAX though, this is osu!, and we have certain standards. Overmapping is acceptable to a certain extent, but it was just too much here, it simply didn't fit anymore, and since the BAT were agreeing on that, they unranked it.
edit:

those wrote:

Why is such a player with little judgement skill to be elected as a Team member? Who did this?
How was that an inappropriate answer? don't you think you're going too far, insulting XAT's with no apparent reason?
Strawberry
@Zarerion: overmap is a style, where you found "too much" here? also, same as DJMAX, remember osu! is also the mug. you can't defeat all that Gundam said. btw, what's your certain standards?
Flower

Zarerion wrote:

It's obvious what he means, really. He isn't talking about a specific part in the map.
he even explained what he meant in an earlier post. learn to read before joining an argument.
I am sorry, but this picture explains nearly nothing. As SG mentioned, the extreme example does not prove impropriety of overmap conditions in the diff.

This isn't DJMAX though, this is osu!, and we have certain standards. Overmapping is acceptable to a certain extent, but it was just too much here, it simply didn't fit anymore, and since the BAT were agreeing on that, they unranked it.
It is not decided by a certain BAT as human is not perfect. The rating before unrank is overwhelmingly positive, whitch means this overmap does not affect playing. On the contrary, simply following the existing drum and vocal is quite plain, less creative and will get less rating, as I suggested.

How was that an inappropriate answer? don't you think you're going too far, insulting XAT's with no apparent reason?
lol Do you think this question is based on nothing?
Zare

Strawberry wrote:

@Zarerion: overmap is a style, where you found "too much" here? also, same as DJMAX, remember osu! is also the mug. you can't defeat all that Gundam said. btw, what's your certain standards?
I already did bring up some parts in the map I dislike.
In my opinion, this map didn't play well because of overmapping, too high spacing and unneeded jumps. (As well as totally broken flow, but that's something which is really up to the mapper)

And the certain standards are defined by the BATs. Why? because they supposedly have the most mapping and modding experience, and if the majority of them agrees about a map being pretty much unplayable, they most likely have a point about that map having serious issues.
Gundam
But now we are talk about this map,and I can't find it anywhere on the map.

DJMAX is a music game,so is osu!.Overmapping is too much here?why it can be ranked?

Insulting XAT's with no apparent reason?hehe,I don't think so.Maybe you should read page3~page8 SERIOUSLY
Topic Starter
tutuhaha

Zarerion wrote:

And the certain standards are defined by the BATs. Why? because they supposedly have the most mapping and modding experience, and if the majority of them agrees about a map being pretty much unplayable, they most likely have a point about that map having serious issues.
Now many people agree this is playable so this is not the point
Stefan
And then people wonder about bad Maps. Honestly, by getting some more accurate Mods and Testplays you could avoid this.. But why do I write it? Nobody cares about it. So ignore this thxbye
Zare

tutuhaha wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

Now many people agree this is playable so this is not the point
In this thread, at least as many players disliked the overmapping.

*sigh* Why do you even bother? It's decided already, it's not like your complaining would change anything.

Stefan wrote:

And then people wonder about bad Maps. Honestly, by getting some more accurate Mods and Testplays you could avoid this.. But why do I write it? Nobody cares about it. So ignore this thxbye
Exactly.
Xakyrie

Flower wrote:

It is not decided by a certain BAT as human is not perfect. The rating before unrank is overwhelmingly positive, whitch means this overmap does not affect playing. On the contrary, simply following the existing drum and vocal is quite plain, less creative and will get less rating, as I suggested. Since when did ratings ever fully determine that argument? Do you even realize how skewed the ratings are when you compare it to map quality? Positive ratings does not support the use of overmap at all. Just question your skill and your reasons for rating.

lol Do you think this question is based on nothing? Do you think accusations will do this any good? Please, be productive.

Zarerion wrote:

And the certain standards are defined by the BATs. Why? because they supposedly have the most mapping and modding experience, and if the majority of them agrees about a map being pretty much unplayable, they most likely have a point about that map having serious issues. It's not that they have the most, they generally have higher standards of quality and precision when it comes to modding. They know how to rectify problems they see in mapping, which is why they are given their titles so they can share that wealth of knowledge for the greater good.

Gundam wrote:

But now we are talk about this map,and I can't find it anywhere on the map. Did you not read the previous posts? People, learn to read before you enter an argument otherwise you just look silly and foolish.
Topic Starter
tutuhaha

Stefan wrote:

you need know when i make some crazy map like this I will find many player come to play it like nanaya, Uan, Sco, DzH, DeA, also SG
They are all play it and think this map has not big problem
If someone just want to play it 1 time and then FC it, yes it can not, but when this map is rank before 6 hour, someone can FC it just use 5 min, then after 10min someone can SS it
Gundam

Zarerion wrote:

*sigh* Why do you even bother? It's decided already, it's not like your complaining would change anything.
But the BAT is wrong.So we should correct it.

Stefan wrote:

you are right so it shoule be reranked.
Zare

Gundam wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

But the BAT is wrong.So we should correct it.
What. Are you even reading the posts?

Stefan wrote:

you are right so it shoule be reranked.
You are not. making. any. sense. Really.

Are you just stubborn or do you ignore us on purpose?
Sieg
So epic thread, I must leave my 500th post here. cheers~
Zare

Sieg wrote:

So epic thread, I must leave my 500th post here. cheers~
inb4 deleted
Flower

Xakyrie wrote:

Since when did ratings ever fully determine that argument? Do you even realize how skewed the ratings are when you compare it to map quality? Positive ratings does not support the use of overmap at all. Just question your skill and your reasons for rating.
That is slippery. I agree that rating is often subjective, but we are not talking about like this or this (oh sorry I did not mean the latter one). The overmapping, or more accurately, epentheses, makes the map having an appropriate difficulty, a carefully arranged custom rhythm, and a good flow. About flow, a subjective feature, I think the mapper is handling it well, and the jumps should not be a difficulty in reading.

Do you think accusations will do this any good? Please, be productive.
I agree with your idea. Then, the one who starts satirizing the mapper and accusing the mapper's difficulty of understanding due to the criticizer's lack of ability of presenting clear expression should take the resposibility.
Gundam

Xakyrie wrote:

Did you not read the previous posts? People, learn to read before you enter an argument otherwise you just look silly and foolish.
FOOL.Talking about another rhythm pattern which can't find anywhere on the map,and the mapper DOES NOT put that anywhere on the map.It's too flloish,isn't it?Maybe you should test this map then post your impression here.I'm busy.thxbye
pw384
爬完整层楼感觉XAT在犯二,没救
2ha加油!!!!!!!!

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria
No Rules say that "overmap" is an unrankable issue. why unrank?

3 hours ago - Received 1 kudos from ReySHeL for a post at HoneyWorks - Confession Rehearsal [Taiko]
1 week ago - Received 1 kudos from Stefan for a post at ZUN - Because Princess Inada is Scolding Me [Osu|CatchTheBea
1 month ago - Received 1 kudos from -Bakari- for a post at Infected Mushroom - Killing Time (feat. Perry Farrell)
1 month ago - Received 1 kudos from Byakugan249 for a post at Hekiyou Gakuen Seitokai Lv.2 - Precious (TV Size)
3 months ago - Received 1 kudos from TicClick for a post at Skrillex & The Doors - Breakn' a Sweat (Original Mix)
3 months ago - Received 1 kudos from HellDawn for a post at Lady Gaga - Scheisse [Taiko|Osu]
3 months ago - Received 1 kudos from spboxer3 for a post at _yosuke & MOKONA - Sumowind [Osu|Taiko]
3 months ago - Received 1 kudos from MoodyRPG for a post at Peran - We want to be free [Osu|Taiko]
4 months ago - Received 1 kudos from Kokatsu for a post at OtoKaze & Hafuka - Snow Campus [Taiko|Osu]
4 months ago - Received 1 kudos from grumd for a post at goreshit - o'er the flood
4 months ago - Received 1 kudos from Kawayi Rika for a post at K2 - What's Your Deep Wish
4 months ago - Received 1 kudos from eLtigreXXx for a post at IOSYS - Endless Tewi-ma Park [Osu|Taiko]
4 months ago - Received 1 kudos from those for a post at Duca - Colorful Diary (Short Ver.) [Taiko]
4 months ago - Received 1 kudos from val0108 for a post at HujuniseikouyuuP - Talent Shredder
4 months ago - Received 1 kudos from Kite for a post at Xi - Majotachi no Butoukai ~ Magus [Osu|Taiko]
83kds? :?
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/kudosu

3. Try to find out why you can't play the map. Useless complaint makes no sense at all. :<

poor english

Edit: the silliest unranking with the non-sense unrank reason. good job guys.
Zare
I'm giving up. This discussion makes no sense at all. You are asking the same questions and saying the same stuff over. and over. again.
This is just stupid.
Athena Tennos

Strawberry wrote:

anyway. *support for rerank
Flower

384059043 wrote:

I even get more lol, but this does not mean Loc is incapable with modding. The conclusion is, "贵圈真乱".
Topic Starter
tutuhaha

Zarerion wrote:

I'm giving up. This discussion makes no sense at all. You are asking the same questions and saying the same stuff over. and over. again.
This is just stupid.
we said the same stuff over and over because you dont give use answer, and we dont really understand your point
We dont say you are stupid but you said we are stupid, who stupid more?
all we know
pw384

Flower wrote:

384059043 wrote:

I even get more lol, but this does not mean Loc is incapable with modding. The conclusion is, "贵圈真乱".
我很好奇既然admin不需要kds就能上 为什么admin允许unrank/rank图 柑橘没救 贵圈真乱XD
show more