posted
Total Posts
show more
buny
jumps take no skill gggg
Raging Bull
Yeah, how did he single tap 1/4 200bpm?
Purple
Heading into taboo/censorship territory now. Stick to topic before thread/post deletion.

To OP: If you have a tablet, you may also consider trying Tap + K2. It is very hard to do but the result would be an speed advantage over almost everyone else in the game, mainly because wrist and arm movement is always faster than finger movement.
buny

Raging Bull wrote:

Yeah, how did he single tap 1/4 200bpm?
vibrate which is highly unlikely
Topic Starter
SimM
I have a weak heart thats why lol.. Keep getting out of breath!! >:(
buny
running out of breath by moving 2 fingers?
Jinxy
And I thought I had a craptastic stamina

I was going to say alternate is less stamina since it's easier to move fingers at half the speed as singletap, but reading the OP, I don't know anymore.

Maybe do some cardio or something
Topic Starter
SimM

buny wrote:

running out of breath by moving 2 fingers?
Yeah!! Haha
Winshley
Single-tapping on jumps is pretty accurate, but you might struggle on single-tapping high BPMs (depending on your single-tap limit) in which alternating is better for that. The problem with alternating is that you might not be as accurate as single-tapping.

Just my opinion...
loldcraft
Try single tapping on one finger, switching to the other when your finger gets tired. also, try not to press so hard and relax your fingers. Many times i get tired because i'm tapping too hard / my muscles are too tense.
Zare
Honestly, I think choosing to alternate on BPMs you can't singletap is like really lame.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I decided for myself that alternating because of too high speed would be equal to giving up.
Aqo

Zarerion wrote:

Honestly, I think choosing to alternate on BPMs you can't singletap is like really lame.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I decided for myself that alternating because of too high speed would be equal to giving up.
Ok. Play Cider with singletap.
Kanye West

Zarerion wrote:

what

why does it matter as long as you're hitting the circles
Jagermeiser
I thought all the pros alternated, like, no matter what kind of patterns they played ;_;

meh, I'm having troubles alternating between singletapping and alternating, so I'll just stick to alternating
Zare

Aqo wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

That's exactly what I'm practicing.

Kanye West wrote:

why does it matter as long as you're hitting the circles
Alternating simply doesn't satisfy me. It feels like I'm cheating. Dunno why.
d777b
It is all opinion really. I come from a background in rudimental drumming background, and alternating seems best for me (it is what the rhythms "feel like" in my mind). I will double tap stacked notes however, as I interpret them as doubles (diddles), also, some patterns seem like they should be played like certain rudiments (paradiddles for example). I think to someone without much drumming background, it would be much easier to play eighth note streams and jumps as single taps because you don't have to do any extra mental processing to figure out what finger you will wind up on ect. Also, I have noticed that mechanically, my streams were not even naturally (my middle finger actuates too soon). So I had to adjust that. If you single tap, you don't have to adjust as much.

That being said, I have been fooling around with single tapping things, It seems stressful to me, but perhaps better on jumps.

TL;DR -It is all opinion really. Alternating and rudimental play makes sense to me, but might be easier to learn single tapping from scratch.
Hika
I personally suggest you single tap. I single tap myself because I find alternating so much of a challenge, though it's more accurate. Single tapping can get you exhausted & will probably mess up your fingers but that's just coming from personal experiences. I think alternating is better if you're not that great at single tapping & single tapping is better if you're a fast player overall.

Also, Cider is very good for single tapping warm up (or at least I think so). Challenging but it's worth it. single tapping > alternating, imo.
JAKACHAN
Single tap... When you can single tap 320 bpm and everyone is all like "AMG DAT IS IMPUZIBLE" it's pretty funny.

Aqo wrote:

I already have...

http://puu.sh/229OZ

And this was a not even warmed up attempt with the BG lewl...
[Luanny]
alternating > all

Zarerion wrote:

don't use this word when Aqo is around.

Please.
also this
Jenny
alternate 105BPM 1/4 SS, OMG IT IMPOSSIBRA SLOW OMG HOW CAN PLAY DIS

also, OMG JAKA PLAYED A SINGLE MAP WITH BG ON OMG NOOB OMG QUIT aaaaaaaaaahhh

(i play single, alternate, m/o, 4k, 3k, M1-K2 in consistent change to however i feel the song is going xP)
Almost

Aqo wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

145 bpm 1/4s are fast, but it's not that hard to achieve if you practice single tapping speed.
Aqo
I love 2013.

There are no longer "140bpm streams"
There is only "280bpm jumps"
Zare

Aqo wrote:

I love 2013.

There are no longer "140bpm streams"
There is only "280bpm jumps"
Well, yes. The players improve. And they will do that forever. Stuff that seemed impossible a few years ago is now child's play for the pros.
Which is why we should start to change our mapping as well. Pro's are getting bored lately, so they DT Maps like Wahrheit, they need new challenges.
Aqo

Zarerion wrote:

Pros are getting bored lately, so they DT Maps like Wahrheit
You don't need to be pro to play DT Wahrheit it's easy :v
Kanye West

Aqo wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

if it's so easy, then why haven't you FC'd
kriers
well literally speaking, just playing DT Wahreit is something anyone can do. Just apply DT mod, start beatmap and well... good luck from there!
Zare

Aqo wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

Don't act stupid. Something that has only been FC'd by one person (and that person being Cookiezi) is not "easy".
You know that, and you do not need to start another discussion about that now.
buny

kriers wrote:

well literally speaking, just playing DT Wahreit is something anyone can do. Just apply DT mod, start beatmap and well... good luck from there!
Forgot that no fail mod too
Aqo

Zarerion wrote:

Aqo wrote:

Don't act stupid. Something that has only been FC'd by one person (and that person being Cookiezi) is not "easy".
What I meant is that you're not bringing up a good example. There are harder maps that people play now. WahrheitDT is relatively easy compared to many other things "bored pros" play now.
FrzR
I actually Singletap with jumps. and Sometimes in triple notes. My fingers dont cope up well with streams. XD
Purple

Zarerion wrote:

Which is why we should start to change our mapping as well. Pro's are getting bored lately, so they DT Maps like Wahrheit, they need new challenges.
Wait. Wait what? If Wahrheit DT is too boringly easy, then the next step would be DTing a map harder than Wahrheit.
Winshley

Purple wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

Wait. Wait what? If Wahrheit DT is too boringly easy, then the next step would be DTing a map harder than Wahrheit.
Inb4 FREEDOM DIVE [FOUR DIMENSIONS] with DT. (333.33 BPM streams~ /me whistles)
Purple

Winshley wrote:

Inb4 FREEDOM DIVE [FOUR DIMENSIONS] with DT. (333.33 BPM streams~ /me whistles)
Tkiller singletapped [Another], so sounds reasonable to me!
Phantasyy
Alternating is useful if certain beatmaps have hitcircles under spinners and mainly for streaming
dMaxb
I am only lvl85 noob noob but I hope this will help u cuz I always swap between single tapping and alternating
I dunno why I swap all the time but doing this made me see the pros and cons of both ways of playing
single tap gives me better accuracy in slower songs but I find it difficult to stream fast 3s when I need to go zxz zxz zxz and then into streaming zxzxzxz right away
alternating lets me survive longer on maps like 0108maps, but most of the time when I play slower songs I get rubbish accuracy using two fingers;;;
I know silvia has OP accuracy alternating, but I dunno... I just get bad accuracy whenever there is a bpm change in a song...T_T
Jordan

Osama wrote:

CXu wrote:

Nah, jumps are easier with singletapping, lol.

OPINIONS YEAH!
^nuff said
I tried both and single tap is REALLY easier to do crazy high bpm jumps accurately or even without missing.
Too much practicing and grinding to be able to alternate with anywhere near the same accuracy and consistency as in single tap. That is a fact, face it bitches.
nope lel
Thatgooey
I have chosen the route of single tapping over alternating, but I see some advantages of alternating. Single tapping over 285 bpm is really fking hard. That is about my physical max for single tap. But some maps, I can do the pen just fine, and they still don't seem too fast. Then I see someone DT it finally, and they are alternating. I think this will be my next challenge for learning new osu! skills. I don't think there is one "best" way to play the game, but certain situations call for certain playstyles I believe. I am convinced that after a year of playing this, you have to be somewhat flexible in your play. If I could give you advice, it would be to learn as many thing as you can and do whatever works best for the goal you are trying to accomplish.

Hope this helps!
lv100togepi
I've been trying to practice double tapping alternating past few weeks because I got into a habit of single tapping and it sucks..
but i'm getting nowhere :D Any tips?
Tshemmp
Dou you really mean double tapping and not alternating?
lv100togepi
yeah alternating. thats what i mean
show more