forum

[osu! mania skinning] Perspective Effect

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
There should be a perspective effect for osu!mania. This distorts the current playfield into better shapes. This will definitely solve the problem of those skinners in imitating guitar hero for their osu!skin.

How? osu! does this effect on all sprites according to a specified transformation matrix right before it gets printed on the screen. It will not alter the image. All notes would also be distorted according to their columns.
Yeah. I know it's hard. But please give it a try ^.^

And... it might use up precious ram, so it should be disabled on low-end pc's or it could be an option on the setings. hmmm.... what else...

Well, here's an image of how I think things would go.

Feel free to comment, suggest, and criticize :)
Archangel Tirael
3K mode on sketch. Lol. :)
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
lol taptap style~~ xD
TheVileOne
Reminds me of Guitar Hero. Not sure if that's a good thing.
theowest
Skinning a guitar hero clone could bring a lot of attention to osu!
Hanyuu
But osu is not played with a guitar lol
Spare
yes true that Hanyuu but still would be funny xD
theowest
You could probably mod it to make it playable with a guitar. (Bind keyboard keys with your guitar) I bet those exist already.
Kuroneko-sHerald

theowest wrote:

You could probably mod it to make it playable with a guitar. (Bind keyboard keys with your guitar) I bet those exist already.
You need a 8 chords guitar for 8K maps then XD
bwross
What?! People are acting like they haven't hooked up every peripheral within reach to try playing with it. There are almost certainly people playing mania with a guitar controller.

As for doing 8K... that's why you also hook up a dance pad! :)
Kitokofox
Guitar + Dancepad to play mania on 8k?
This will not only be fun to skin but even more fun to watch. xD
I'd totally help if I could.
A dancing guitarist, what a load! ;)

Anyway, I can agree to this request, I know some who would play mania in perspective. Wouldn't affect scores, though.
Franc[e]sco
I'm used to playing with incoming perspective on stepmania, and I totally can't read with osu!mania's flat perspective.
Please add this :3 it would make it much more comfortable

This could be achieved by rendering the hallway on a framebuffer and then rendering that framebuffer on a rotated plane.

Also make the angle adjustable.
Mithos
I support this idea. Depending on how osu! renders graphics and note scrolling (I would assume it's pretty dynamic), perspective maybe possible.
Kurokami

Kitokofox wrote:

This will not only be fun to skin but even more fun to watch. xD

A dancing guitarist, what a load! ;)
This. lol. :D

Anyways, I think this sounds good. I will try it at least once, or maybe will use just that way. Currently I'm sucking in mania above 4K.