forum

More Colours in Names! :o

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +489
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
So, so far, we have the following colours..
Plain white for yourself.
Blue for private messages
Beige for regular players
Gold for supporters
Red-orange for BATs MATs or anything else important staff to osu! etc etc
Cyan for peppy (DUH.) :)
Pink for BanchoBot
Green for highlight
But, with how much other special roles..?
Like Multiplayer room host, or someone on your friend list, or the player that's playing in a spectator room?
I honestly think they deserve their own colours too...
Perhaps we can have..
Navy blue for spectator room host
Purple for friends
Magenta for multiplayer host

I thought this wouldn't be too hard to implement, so.. why not?
This way, when there is a lot of spectators for a player, we can see at a glance what the host is talking about.
And also, if you only want to talk to your friends (?) you can do that too, now, as they are organized with their own special colour for your pleasure.

In addition, I think it would be nice if the action command (/me) would also colour the name, as well. That would be neat if it got fixed. Then when the spectator /np's a map and we see that nave blue colour, we know to get that map right away because the host is probably going to play it. ;)
Nessuka
Supporting.
EzaaPizaa
Sounds nice. Though, will it be implemented..? I wonder. :idea:
[Maid] NekoRyo
i agreed with this :3 if this were to happen :D we will got a full colorful osu that will look so good :3
Melt3dCheeze
Why not implementing the idea of tags for categorised users such as BAT, MAT, BOT (Banchobot), mods.

E.G [BAT]SapphireGhost, [MOD]Zallius, [BOSS]peppy, [BOT]Banchobot. The colour coding can also be implemented.
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Well, we already have the colours. That would be a good idea if someone couldn't see colours/was colourblind. In that case, it will also have [FRIEND] or [HOST] or anything else really necessary. there should be an option to switch between colours or the tags.
theowest
I always wanted to see a difference between devs/admins and BATs.
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

I always wanted to see a difference between devs/admins and BATs.
theo and i just talked about that over steam and agreed no to this, but yes to a color for chat-ops
TheVileOne
^That's always bothered me. When I see an admin, I expect their in game color to be green, not red.
deadbeat
i think they're red more so because of in-game chat moderation purposes, though i could very well be completely wrong about that
Soaprman
From the OP's suggestion, multi room host and spectator room host can be condensed into one color as the two will never appear onscreen at the same time. A single "room host" color would be a good idea for the reasons you stated.

Friend color seems a little silly... and it doesn't sound very useful. you can tell whether someone is your friend already by reading their name.
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
The purpose of my feature request was to give other roles some colours too, so we would know just by glancing at the colour. But having colour codes for BATs/MATs/Chat Ops/Devs sounds nice too. There's not many colours so we might have to reuse some. Or maybe use grey or black for some titles. :D

Depends. But I'm supportive of all these suggestions so far, as well as the tags for those who want a lack of colour in their lives.

All in all, I'm sure we agree that the colour names need quite a bit of reform. ;)
theowest
These are all suggestions to peppy or someone else who's going to give it a thought and maybe implement this. Why not accept our suggestions in the OP? Like how I t/117468 and deadbeat t/107625/ did
deadbeat

Kitokofox wrote:

But having colour codes for BATs/MATs/Chat Ops/Devs sounds nice too.
MAT chat colours have been requested and denied multiply times
BAT's and Dev's are all ready red.
so the only valid one of those(imo) is the Chat Ops

kinda similar request >_< t/14041
XEPCOH
Support!
-[ DamnAll ]-
Support !
Topic Starter
Kitokofox

deadbeat wrote:

Kitokofox wrote:

But having colour codes for BATs/MATs/Chat Ops/Devs sounds nice too.
MAT chat colours have been requested and denied multiply times
BAT's and Dev's are all ready red.
so the only valid one of those(imo) is the Chat Ops

kinda similar request >_< https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/14041
Doesn't say we can't have colours for the other roles of Multi Host, Spectator Room Host, and Friends. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them. Friends moreso.
deadbeat
i just don't see a need for a chat color for all those things. if you can provide a good reason, i might change my mind. but for now, i'm only agreeing to a chat color for chat ops
Mily
Support :)
[Dellirium]

deadbeat wrote:

i just don't see a need for a chat color for all those things. if you can provide a good reason, i might change my mind. but for now, i'm only agreeing to a chat color for chat ops
Please no. I don't want a different color name only because I'm a chan's op. If I need to show it I always can use !faq ircop.

Сoncerning the first message, I support the request.
deadbeat
bumping. thought of an interesting idea, what about being able to change your own name from white to something else?
Auxtrious
It would be a nice addition!
Stefan
Magenta for multiplayer host <- sounds good
Pawsu

Stefan wrote:

Magenta for multiplayer host <- sounds good
yes! that would be great ^^
puncia
Supporting o/
-Sapphire_old
Multiplayer host color, YES please.
It's always confusing when everyone's talking in a muiltiplayer room.
Supporting this, without stars. I have no idea why my stars aren't coming back to me.
I disagree about the different colour for friends, but the other ones are ok, I'll give a star to this
Kemdo
Hmm Seems like a quite interesting idea ^^
KoveGames
Bump
Srbija
I agree, very good idea..
FrzR
Supporting this. :3
Tear
Please don't forget about colors for CAT too ;-;
meow
Rose Ruby
Yeah why not making the game more colourful.

I don't know if this would go over the top.. but wouldn't it be an idea to make them custom for everyone to change?
(Perhabs i want the Admin to have an orange colour instead of red)
show more