forum

View Hardest Difficulty Instead of Easiest

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
This would be nice, if you could have the option to view the most difficult map in a song instead of the easiest one. I have a feel plenty of high-ranked players would probably like this, especially when skimming through their maps for something to play and challenge themselves
theowest
I totally agree. You should be able to chose what you want to prioritize.

So with this request you should be getting the hardest difficulty when selecting a beatmap, instead of the easiest difficulty.
TheVileOne
Sort by difficulty.

Profit.
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

Sort by difficulty.

Profit.
No.
This is something you should be able to prioritize. Every time you select a mapset, the easier difficulty is selected.
Besides, those groupings must be fixed: t/80492

This request should work separately with Sorting by something, meaning you could sort by your favourites and artist and still prioritize with the harder difficulties.
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
There's still many maps in which most of the difficulties rate themselves as 4.5/5 stars. And I have MANY of those. It makes a difference between playing a Hard/Insane apart from an Extra. I mean, I guess sorting difficulties would work to some extent, like if you were new and wanted to play only 3 star or 4 star maps, but it becomes incredibly moot in the high echelons.
TheVileOne
I believe your position in the mapset actually carries over when you're skipping from song to song. If you're at the end of the mapset set and skip to the next mapset, you'll still be selected at the end of the next mapset. It's most likely a bug, but it should work in the meantime.
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

I believe your position in the mapset actually carries over when you're skipping from song to song. If you're at the end of the mapset set and skip to the next mapset, you'll still be selected at the end of the next mapset. It's most likely a bug, but it should work in the meantime.
Yeah, that seems more likely. Using your arrow keys work as intentional but clicking on any mapset will always select the easiest difficulty.
Aqo
The difficulty with most objects (total object count) is the one that should be selected.
theowest

Aqo wrote:

The difficulty with most objects (total object count) is the one that should be selected.
great idea!
Saten

Aqo wrote:

Of course!
Topic Starter
Kitokofox

Saten wrote:

Aqo wrote:

Of course!
Or maybe, better yet, we could have this setting:
Default highlighted map difficulty:
- Easiest (Default)
- Hardest
- Most/Least Objects
- Most/Least Spinners
- Most/Least Often Played (Local) Will default to Easiest if you haven't played any yet.
- Most/Least Played Online, If no plays exist for any (!!!) it should default to Easiest, like above.
- Last Played

TheVileOne wrote:

The last setting is inspired by this. ^
theowest

Kitokofox wrote:

- Most/Least Spinners
Why would spinners matter?

Kitokofox wrote:

- Most/Least Often Played (Local) Will default to Easiest if you haven't played any yet.
- Most/Least Played Online, If no plays exist for any (!!!) it should default to Easiest, like above.
You should be able to pick the default to be the Hardest if you haven't played any, or are you betraying your request?
Topic Starter
Kitokofox

theowest wrote:

Why would spinners matter?
For users like CtB players. I know quite a few that want to get the best spin, or know if there's a map without spinners.

theowest wrote:

You should be able to pick the default to be the Hardest if you haven't played any, or are you betraying your request?
Oh, thanks for letting know that! I forgot about that.
theowest
Adding the spinner factor would be like first being able to sort by spinners, which I doubt will ever happen. Spinners also matter in osu! standard.