Topic Starter
Jagermeiser

jesus1412 wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612

Sticky pls.
But it's easier to start whole new thread
thelewa
I like to call it "constant motion". Basically the secret to getting good accuracy in osu! is all about keeping your hand in motion while following a very simple 1/4 grid in your head.
Dekonare

ztrot wrote:

Try concentrating on each circle as a single object moving along that should help improve your overall acc stick to using single key input on songs that are of a slow bpm only alting key pressed when needed as 1/4 streams
This and the most important thing that you will hear every time: Practice.
Kanye West

lolcubes wrote:

hitsounds

lolcubes wrote:

hitsounds

lolcubes wrote:

hitsounds

lolcubes wrote:

hitsounds!!!!!
Best advice in the thread. Use loud, clear hitsounds. Turn your effect volume higher than your music volume, listen to the hitsounds. You can easily tell when you don't hit a note correctly.
buny
my effects volume set to 40% :(
silmarilen
hit accuracy: 93.61%
yeah...
buny

silmarilen wrote:

hit accuracy: 93.61%
yeah...
because i do not rank farm or fix old scores

just play everything i can
lolcubes

Kanye West wrote:

Best advice in the thread. Use loud, clear hitsounds. Turn your effect volume higher than your music volume, listen to the hitsounds. You can easily tell when you don't hit a note correctly.
That's actually also thelewa's advice, however I am thinking the same. He suggested it first though in another thread.
blissfulyoshi
Since hitsounds did not work for me (even at 100% volume), I learned to sightread basically everything, so if that is a problem for you, try to find a skin that will help you sightread songs better, and just memorize timings.

(Note: This is probably why I can't hitsound songs for my life xD)
-Soba-
Listen to the heart of the circles. aka hitsounds
Oinari-sama
I'm strangely attached to James Training when it comes to accuracy and hit sound timing.
Winshley
Or perhaps try to improve your Accuracy by beating your old scores with Difficulty Decrease mods, because your Best Performance map list is filled with Hard/Insane diffs. That is, given that it's possible to beat the score with such mods since it also reduces multiplier.

Given with your current pp, I bet that even with SSing Easy diff maps, it might be barely on the list.

If you wanna improve though, like others said: follow the song and hitsounds (with exception to old bad-timed maps).
Tanzklaue
if you're naturally good at accuracy or not is determined by your rhythmic skills. if you have high rhythmic skills, your accuracy will be probably better than others who have similiar amounts of training. further accuracy training takes time, as you gain higher rhythmic understandings over the time and learn to sightread stuff. hitsounds can make it easier, though as you can read here it works better for some people than for others.

if you have a tendency to always click too late or too early (hover over the accuracy in the scorescreen to check it), then set a universal off set which centers your accuracy, meaning that you go the same amount of ms in both directions (instead of 5 ms too early at worst and 15 ms too late at worst, you want to set your universal offset in a way that it balances more out, preferably to roughly 10 ms too early at worst and 10 ms too late at worst).
Winshley

Tanzklaue wrote:

if you have a tendency to always click too late or too early (hover over the accuracy in the scorescreen to check it), then set a universal off set which centers your accuracy, meaning that you go the same amount of ms in both directions (instead of 5 ms too early at worst and 15 ms too late at worst, you want to set your universal offset in a way that it balances more out, preferably to roughly 10 ms too early at worst and 10 ms too late at worst).
I almost forgot the existence of Universal Offset. Good thing someone pointed this out.

Note that there's also Local Offset adjustment while you're playing as well. You can do so by pressing - and + keys (5ms step per key press).

(I have been using -12ms for Universal Offset, and that worked on most of new maps just fine for me. There are some maps that may sound off-timed as well, in which you can simply use Local Offset settings for individual map)
Mints
Start by playing songs with the bpm around your limit. I think your low accuracy is due to you stressing yourself too much and didn't really follow he beat of the song~
knjiga
The only thing one needs to do in order to improve their accuracy is to actually start truly caring about it.
lolcubes

knjiga wrote:

The only thing one needs to do in order to improve their accuracy is to actually start truly caring about it.
This is actually true as well. However most people who ask how to accuracy probably care about it.
:p
Frostmourne
I felt good and worth to play this game after I started caring about my accuracy
d777b
Subdivide. especially during rests.
Like others have said, listen to what you are playing. Is is right, or wrong? for example are your hertas (groups of 3 16th notes) too tight? make adjustments constantly.
enik
Winshley

enik wrote:

Those maps aren't even a minute long. Try playing with either DT, HR, or both mods on harder maps and see if you can still retain good Accuracy. :P
enik

Winshley wrote:

enik wrote:

Those maps aren't even a minute long. Try playing with either DT, HR, or both mods on harder maps and see if you can still retain good Accuracy. :P
It was a joke actually. Acc is not easy at all and that's why I have no more SS except those maps.
lolcubes
If you want to train your accuracy, you can always play really high OD maps, one of them was ranked recently and while people really dislike it for such high OD levels, I believe it's an excellent choice even for beginners because the map is fairly easy to complete.

This map.
Aqo
No that map is just terrible.

If you want to train accuracy, play high OD /stream/ maps.

Like those
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/91037&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/142772&m=1

and [insert any stream map] + HR
lolcubes
That is also true, but you have to take into consideration that people who usually ask for advice here are not really capable of playing such maps normally. It's possible they are though so both can be considered.
Whenever OD is higher than AR, it's a good training map though, even if it's super slow and a person who plays normal can normally pass/fc.
Aqo
I do agree that lower AR helps improving at accuracy in an indirect way. Honestly the best way to train accuracy would be to go into edit and lower maps' AR while increasing their OD, and when you play them normally afterwards it'll be crazy easy to 300 everything.
JesusYamato
I play with no hitsound/effect disabled
come at me bros
zozozofun
Become one with the circle, may require some heavy meditation and sleep 'n stuff tho, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Topic Starter
Jagermeiser
Playing with HD, increasing my latency, raising the hitsounds, and playing easier maps does improve my accuracy significantly. Beatmaps looks less cluttered now as I've started to use hitsounds proprerly.

Playing maps with a high OD is a good suggestion, but when is the AR too fast? I can barely complete https://osu.ppy.sh/b/213702&m=0 on extreme ar10 + halftime with 81% accuracy. AR9 is challenging, AR8 feels just about right. I'm way more accurate when playing below AR8, but will it really help me to accurately play really fast maps?
Aqo

Ouariasse wrote:

I play with no hitsound/effect disabled
come at me bros
pls

I play with both hitsounds AND music disabled, while listening to music that I like on winamp instead of that terrible music that people make maps for
now what?

Jagermeiser wrote:

will it really help me to accurately play really fast maps?
no. did you even read anything?
to get acc:

1. high OD
2. low AR
3. streams. not fast maps, STREAM maps. with streams in a speed that you can stream

sliders = useless to train accuracy. circles = useful. stream maps = a lot of circles.
reaction = useless for accuracy. planning ahead = useful. lower AR = more planning.
low OD = useless for accuracy, gives no indication of stability rate. higher OD = better acc training.

(also you don't need hitsounds for accuracy. if you want to use them that's entirely a preference thing. any thing that you want to use for tempo indication works, whether it's the visual indication of notes, the physical touch on the keyboard, or simply keeping tempo in your head which is really not hard. anything beyond that is just farming different bpms for high OD stability on them)