forum

Did you cry on CLANNAD?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cropzy
Marathoned whole AS up to ep 21.

And I cried like a little girl...

I dont watch 22. As it tries to make it happy and rushes the ending and kinda ruins it IMO.
noneed

Cropzy wrote:

I dont watch 22. As it tries to make it happy and rushes the ending and kinda ruins it IMO.
What do you mean with ruining the ending? Episode 22 WAS the ending. Not only because I don't want it any other way, but also because in the VN you have to collect all the lights and finish every other route to get it. I don't understand why people have such a hard time accepting it. I guess they did toy with your emotions and with episode 22 it's all alright again and some people just don't like that.. b-BUT DONT YOU WANT AN HAPPY ENDING.. uguuuuuuuuuuu~?! >.<*
mathexpert
kinda spoilers~
I feel like if there wasn't a happy ending for CLANNAD, I would be emotionally depressed for weeks. Yeah, it wasn't the best ending in the world but the fact that it was happy..was so necessary. If Ushio died... ;____;
Kaona
Not in Clannad. However, in After Story I cried during episode 16 and 21 for obvious reasons.

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT AFTER STORY MAJOR SPOILERS
I'm happy that episode 22 is the real ending though. I don't think I could cope with Clannad ending so depressingly. It's also beyond cruel and unfair on Tomoya for both his wife (Nagisa) and daughter (Ushio) to die.
Shuriken_old_1
In Clannad, on Episode 8 (When Fuko disappeared)

In Clannad: After Story, I forgot. I did cry a lot though.
[sid]
To be honest, I almost had to cry, but I could hold it in in the last moment. It was a very sad anime :| (clannad + af)
Shirotaku

mathexpert9981 wrote:

GG explains everything
Cropzy

noneed wrote:

Cropzy wrote:

What do you mean with ruining the ending? Episode 22 WAS the ending. Not only because I don't want it any other way, but also because in the VN you have to collect all the lights and finish every other route to get it. I don't understand why people have such a hard time accepting it. I guess they did toy with your emotions and with episode 22 it's all alright again and some people just don't like that.. b-BUT DONT YOU WANT AN HAPPY ENDING.. uguuuuuuuuuuu~?! >.<*
Because it tries to sweeten it. Meh I like creepy stuff. Hence why elfen lied is my favourite animu.
The Big Heck
[Deleted]
Ephemeral
ep22 is not the ending. ep22 is the "bonus" for finishing the entire game. the true normal ending of clannad is ep21, the good ending is ep22.

nonetheless, i think after story encompasses just about every fear a person has when embarking on a relationship like that for the first time. that's what makes it so damned sad.
thelewa
Look at the eyes of the characters in Clannad. I refuse to believe that they're even human, they're more likely to be some sort of human-bug hybrids that aim to conquer the world by killing all humans.

And that's why it's a comedy instead of a drama. You just can't help but feeling your spirits lifted when bad things happen to gross bug-people.
mathexpert

thelewa wrote:

characters in clannad have strange eyes
Have you ever seen an anime before?
thelewa
mathexpert9981, missing the point as always

look at how far apart their eyes are
mathexpert
I missed the point, because the eyes in clannad don't look strange to me.
Foxtrot

mathexpert9981 wrote:

I missed the point, because the eyes in clannad don't look strange to me.

thelewa wrote:

Come again?
mathexpert
yeah, they're far apart, but their eyes still don't look stranger than any other pair of anime eyes I've seen; I'm pretty much used to "abnormal" anime eyes by now.
Shirotaku

mathexpert9981 wrote:

yeah, they're far apart, but their eyes still don't look stranger than any other pair of anime eyes I've seen; I'm pretty much used to "abnormal" anime eyes by now.
I agree,
for me the story rules it all so art comes third I guess after picture quality
Topic Starter
Tesu

thelewa wrote:

mathexpert9981, missing the point as always

thats what we call art :D
noneed
Damn, I can't even play this properly without getting goosebumps which interrupt my flow ;_;
Cleatis
To go back to the topic, I had a hard time getting into Clannad. Maybe I should watch it again, but I didn't care for the characters last time.
Kasu404
Of course I cried :< Specially on Clannad After Story
Apex_old
Completely off-Topic here, but I actually never cried once watching Ano Hana. I don't think I will cry in CL: AS.
hlygh2008
Of course I did! What inhuman person wouldn't?!
Plushies
Yes. Especially on the Kotomi arc when she got the briefcase.
Sachi_old_1
Yes.
Nakatsu Shizuru
Manly tears were shed.
nurazrinzulkaffli
of course...
Pizzicato
yes ; ~ ;
Dark_Ai
yes. I've cried lika a boss ;A;
NixXSkate
it was sad, but i didn't cry
Yocake
i cryyyyyyyyyyyyyy a lot
QAQ
Cylencer
I didn't.
Spaghetti-san
I only cried maybe 20 times only :U
KahrRamsus
Yup, I cried a lot, I even cried a good bit in the first season as well. I've watched the show 3 times over now and cried just as much every time. I love this show so much.. My favorite anime of all time for sure!
Ibaraki Miya
Not really..
Maiz94
Still haven't watch it, but my instinct said I'll cry if I watch it. :/
Saten
It was sad

I blame the onions
Cloudchaser
Yep, a little
nakimushineko
Yes~ ;A; Tears won't stop falling!
Babukus
Not much for first season of Clannad. I got teary eyed when Fuko disappeared though. I probably got teary eyed in other parts but I don't remember definitely what.

What I really cried for was Clannad After Story. I thought that actually happened near the end of it (not gonna spoil for people who didn't watch AS) and that was it. Cried forUshio and Nagisa's death so hard and how sad the protag was at those times. He was darn miserable.
show more