forum

Best mouse pad for osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
G0r
I use a Steelseries QCK+. It's the same as the QCK, but it's larger, so it covers the entire side of my desk. I like that, because I like lower DPIs, so I wanted the extra space. I can 100% recommend this mouse mat in every way. MxG PhiLL might be right, though, since I believe that the HD series is specifically for laser mice. I use a Razer Deathadder with an infrared beam.
XPJ38
Depends on your needs. There are mousepads with slippery and gripping surfaces.

I personally own a Steelseries Qck, it has a large surface and it grips the mouse a bit. I think it's perfect to keep control of your mouse, but you lose speed instead.
I tested some time ago a Razer Scarab. It has a more slippery surface than the Qck but you still keep control and have more speed, which is a good balance. However, it is expensive and iirc not as large as the Qck.

The best advice I have for you is to find a store that has mousepads for show and test them, to make your own idea.
winber1
a table
Mara
Steelseries QCK is really great, I don't find anything wrong about it.
G0r
Looks like Steelseries 4 : Table 1

XD
PhiLL A
Steelseries HD series is specifically for laser mice, but it's hard. If you like cloth, get a QCK.
flow
QCK Heavy
Turboapina
QCK+ is really nice, perfect size and feel.
Frizz
Puretrak Talent
The best
I even throw away my QcK+
Period

On a serious note, QcKs are quite nice but I kinda hate how they get worn-out and dirty pretty quickly compared to Puretrak Talent.
lolcubes
I prefer smooth rubber surface. I have some really old mousepad from 2006 or something, was MTW, however I don't know which model. To this day, best mousepad I ever tried, beats even the most known mousepads for me. I guess it's a matter of getting used to something as well.
deadbeat
i feel so cheap suddenly. i just use a $10 mousepad my friend got me about a year ago ._.
though it does work pretty well. \o/
ann_old
Spending a few minutes in the search system..

On a more serious note I like my Razer Goliathus Alpha Speed Edition, but I believe it's different for all players.
winber1
i wish i had manboobs

not rly
AWESOME-SAMA
I don't even use a mouse pad....haha.
Icyteru
my beloved miku oppad (is not the best, just the one i use)

also, this thread is irrelevant, there are no actual advantages with a steelseries mousepad to a non-steelseries mousepad. Seriously, these companies just market crap like: "Improve your gaming with high technology nano-fibres to detect every movement you make as smoothly as possible".

LOL. JUST LOL.
TakuMii

[AirCoN] wrote:

my beloved miku oppad (is not the best, just the one i use)

also, this thread is irrelevant, there are no actual advantages with a steelseries mousepad to a non-steelseries mousepad. Seriously, these companies just market crap like: "Improve your gaming with high technology nano-fibres to detect every movement you make as smoothly as possible".

LOL. JUST LOL.
I use a Steelseries QcK+ mousepad because it's large. The whole "high-tech nanofibres" crap is because it's a cloth mousepad, and there are cloth mice out there that work terribly with optical/laser mice. The one you're using is a plastic mousepad, so that kind of stuff doesn't apply.
FlameseeK

PhiLL A wrote:

The Steelseries HD series is pretty good for laser mice.
This!

(Read - ***LASER*** - laser mice are very surface dependent and require a hard pad to function properly)

It's very good, not overly priced compared to other mouse pads, and much better than the Destructor I had. Well to be totally honest, I'm not sure if that's because my Lachesis' feet were worn when I bought it, but I don't think so. Way too much glide at first, but then after little use it went from too much glide to no glide at all + required CONSTANT cleaning or else it would get too sticky. At one point, I decided to just use my previous desk as a mouse pad because it actually felt much better, though it eventually got to the point where it was just as bad as my Destructor.

The steelseries 4HD works wonders with my logitech G9X, too bad most of the initial glide is also gone after a couple of months. But it doesn't require ocd-level cleaning like the Destructor (several times a day) and it's still ok after 6 months. I guess all hard pads lose their glide within a few months if you are a heavy computer users, but the difference between this pad and the previous options is worlds apart. Like 4HD >>>>>> Desk >> Destructor. It was a fairly good desk though for my Lachesis, surprinsingly enough. Maybe I was just lucky. :O

Oh, and keep in mind that a different laser mouse might not perform properly on the 4HD, though I would probably find it unusual. That's because the best way to know is by checking if people who had your mouse could use it properly on the mouse pad you want to buy. You never know what issues an optical or laser mouse could have on a mouse pad until you do some research. All in all, the 4HD is an awesome hard pad if that's what you're looking for! If you have an optical mouse, you probably want to get a good cloth pad though, unless you don't mind the durability issue of hard pads that I mentioned above.

SIDE NOTE: this thread is pretty old for a bump, isn't it? "/
hinamizawan
When I used to be a mouse player, Steelseries QcK was the shit. I'm now currently using Razer Goliathus but go for QcK.
Oinari-sama
I haven't tried QcK but Goliathus is giving my laser mouse a hard time. It's fine when I play on the pure black patch only, but if I have to hover around any green spikes the cursor will sometimes go crazy. I haven't heard any complains from optical users though.
FlameseeK

Oinari-sama wrote:

I haven't tried QcK but Goliathus is giving my laser mouse a hard time. It's fine when I play on the pure black patch only, but if I have to hover around any green spikes the cursor will sometimes go crazy. I haven't heard any complains from optical users though.
That's because laser mice usually require a hard pad to work properly. I've heard so much about Qck, but the one reason that made me completely rule it out along with any other cloth pad is the fact that I have a laser mouse. Optical works great on cloth and it's probably fine on hard pads as well, but a cloth pad isn't really the best choice for laser mice.

I know this is really personal, but if you want a proper mouse pad for your laser mouse without too much glide, I highly recommend the 4HD.
TakuMii

FlameseeK wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

That's because laser mice usually require a hard pad to work properly. I've heard so much about Qck, but the one reason that made me completely rule it out along with any other cloth pad is the fact that I have a laser mouse. Optical works great on cloth and it's probably fine on hard pads as well, but a cloth pad isn't really the best choice for laser mice.

I know this is really personal, but if you want a proper mouse pad for your laser mouse without too much glide, I highly recommend the 4HD.
Well, according to Steelseries themselves, the QcK series is designed for optical while the HD series is designed for laser.
Kanye West
Mionix Sargas all the way yo.
FlameseeK

YayMii wrote:

Well, according to Steelseries themselves, the QcK series is designed for optical while the HD series is designed for laser.
What I'm trying to say is, though it might not be 100% accurate, in most cases optical mice perform better on soft pads whereas laser mice only perform (truly) well on hard surfaces.

I am not sure if optical mice perform much worse on a hard pad, but it's probably not an ideal combination to say the least. Laser mice + soft pads = just plain bad unless there is an exception of which I'm an unaware.
PhoenixBird
I dont know the best mousepad..for each one it is different=) But for me:
For mouse a4tech x-718bk(optic) nice SS Steel mouspad(especially then the surface of mouspad not hot from your hands). The smoothness is not 100% perfect and then you move cursor slow it have mini-jumps, maybe my mouse pad is old. But this mousepad for mouse X7 is speedy, and i feel no delay. I try for this mouse SS Qck, the smoothness and precision is perfect, but mousepad is not speedy(hard to play fast maps). I try goliathus speed for X7, and i feel good on it, but SS Steel is better for me))
On Deathadder mouse SS steel is headache, then i play i have many glitches.
On Zowie EC2 or Logitech G100 mouses i cant play nice on SS Steel,coz then the surface of mousepad is heated the mouses sticks, but on goliathus speed these mouse is nice, not so speed then x7+ss steel, but more smoth and precision.
ethox
Razer Sphex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEyuntpNvzM

I've grown to like it, no complaints. Best mousepad I've had under a mouse disregarding a high-grade teflon pad that my brother uses with silicon "paws". Haven't tested it with a laser mouse tho', so I can't give an opinion on that. It's also on the lower price range with high quality, which caught at least me by surprise.
Dekonare
Using Razer Goliathus Alpha Speed Edition at the moment. It's great and big mousepad with high quality surface. It's very precise and both laser mouse and optical mouse works great with it. There are three or four different sizes from smaller one to about 1 meter long and two different editions. Speed Edition and Control Edition. Like the names says, Speed Edition is for you if you need speed and Control Edition for more precise use.
PhoenixBird

ethox wrote:

Razer Sphex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEyuntpNvzM

I've grown to like it, no complaints. Best mousepad I've had under a mouse disregarding a high-grade teflon pad that my brother uses with silicon "paws". Haven't tested it with a laser mouse tho', so I can't give an opinion on that. It's also on the lower price range with high quality, which caught at least me by surprise.
Yes, i like Sphex) I buy it and try with mouse logitech g100 - very speedy and smooth)
theowest
I've always been using my table. However, I've been playing with my tablet for the last couple of years now so that doesn't matter any longer.
Purple
Any recommendations on very smooth, frictionless hard mouse surfaces?
Edit: nvm
Winshley
I personally used laminated table, but because I started traveling a lot (with laptop), the table surface varies a lot and I had to get adjusted to that most of time. I also sometimes had to use newspaper as well. Not really a good experience, in which I learned that I really need a mousepad.

So I had to borrow Razer Goliathus Omega (Control Edition) from my brother once in a while, which is not really bad. I was thinking that I might get my own mousepad, and I'm considering Razer Goliathus Omega (Speed Edition) or anything similar because I prefer the smooth surface over the gripping surface from the Control Edition.
Loves
Anything that has a texture of wood is good.

I hate cloth.
ct_warrior

Winshley wrote:

I personally used laminated table, but because I started traveling a lot (with laptop), the table surface varies a lot and I had to get adjusted to that most of time. I also sometimes had to use newspaper as well. Not really a good experience, in which I learned that I really need a mousepad.

So I had to borrow Razer Goliathus Omega (Control Edition) from my brother once in a while, which is not really bad. I was thinking that I might get my own mousepad, and I'm considering Razer Goliathus Omega (Speed Edition) or anything similar because I prefer the smooth surface over the gripping surface from the Control Edition.
Grippy it may be, but the Control version actually has less static and kinetic friction than the Speed edition. At least for Teflon mouse skates.
loldcraft
I use the goliathus control, but sometimes i use a piece of blank paper for maps with many jumps ( for smoothness )

logic
buys expensive mouse pad for small things, uses cheap paper for when a mousepad is really needed
Futurola
Steelseries QCk+ heavy
Phantasyy
Would go with any of the Steelseries QCK series
I myself have a QCK+ and it's just awesome
Dessiato
Use what works for your mouse, determine if you are using optical/laser/infared and find mousepads from steelseries/razer that conform to that type of mouse.

Grip/slide on a pad can be adjusted by muscle memory, low mouse pad vs mouse compatibility is much harder to do.
XI Carrillo IX
I use the Razer Goliathus( Smooth Edition).
PhoenixBird
I have SS Steel, Goliathus Speed, Sphex Razer!
Then i use mouse X718BK i play on SS STeel mousepad, but then i buy logitech g100 and Zowie ec2 i use goliathus speed and Sphex Razer!
Sphex Razer have more speed then Goliathus. So i use Sphex))
Winshley
I started to get myself hooked with Steelseries QcK Mini. So far so good.
hinamizawan

Winshley wrote:

I started to get myself hooked with Steelseries QcK Mini. So far so good.
I'm planning to buy QcK Mini since my standard QcK is tearing up and I don't like my Goliathus... I guess the mini version is great since I do less effort in reaching my tablet, therefore more comfort while playing tablet.
show more