forum

Why do many players single tap with their middle finger?

posted
Total Posts
show more
winber1

silmarilen wrote:

most people i know use their index finger. i use my middle finger but i turned the k1 and k2 around (for z/click) so it looks like i play with index finger aswell.
game abuse

banplx
Big Yikes

Tanzklaue wrote:

it's because I give a fuck.

more serious, the middle finger is in the middle of your hand. if you lift your hand or arm, it's easier to press the key with the middle finger than with the index finger, because...

if you have a stick, you want it to be straight, so you can poke better with it. if it branches to the left or right, you can't apply as much force because the energy has to split at the branch. and it's basically the same with your fingers, it's just easier to lift with the middle finger.

if you don't lift (like a beginner), then you use the index finger, because you can move the index finger without moving your hand to much, contrary to the middle finger who is much less mobile.

and now I hope that somebody with proper english tries to explain it better than I could ;_;
Kanye West

kriers wrote:

CXu wrote:

I singletap with whatever works.
I can use both pretty much equally well

...but can't alternate to save my life. I'm weird.
koromo
I used to think most people single tapped with their index until the keyboard status overlay came to be. As for me, I started single tapping with my index, then a few months later switched to middle finger, then back to index and finally back to middle finger again (yeah...), at this point I can single tap with either finger just fine, even if my middle finger feels more accurate.

I still prefer to alternate most of the time though, it just feels more natural since I've been alternating for a while now.
winber1
depending on how the song is mapped I will switch in between the two. I don't know if you've noticed koromo, despite how much you've specced me :S

and i don't just mean when I'm fooling around
Kaoskadosk
I just tap with whatever finger feels right at the time. Sometimes I even go 1 2 1 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 2 1 or whatever, depends on the map.
Mithos
I love how osu! is one of the only games where which finger you use to finger your keyboard with is worthy of a thread.

--I mean, What everyone else said. Middle finger is better for me because I can put my whole wrist into the timing, where the index finger is more of a right hand dominance sort of thing. It always feels better to start with, just like it feels better to start walking with your right foot (assuming you are right handed)
Wishy
You guise should learn from Kyou-kun who showed some amazing skill on BIG MONEY playing 3key.
Jordan
I can play 3key on mouse
Elyne
I use index :D more causal for me
pielak213
­
JesusYamato
Do you even lift
Yarissa
I single tap with my middle finger. I can tap slightly faster with my index finger but it's not a serious difference. I think I could be faster if I got used to using my index finger but I'm too lazy to learn to use it.
Kurangceret
More accurate and more stamina... at least with middle finger.
Dekonare
Tapping with my index finger because more speed and stamina.
Almost
I can tap with both equally, but I can only start streams with my middle finger.
chelly
My index is faster, but it's harder for me to control. My middle finger is more accurate and responds more frequently, but there's a slight lag between each tap. Index for speed, middle for accuracy. I can't really say I use one significantly more than the other. That's why I alternate when I can.
theowest
My index finger is the finger I use when I press the most common keyboard buttons when writing/playing something. My middle finger always comes second when pushing/pressing buttons.
Winshley
I believe it's just personal preferences, it's based on what people are comfortable with.

I play with index finger as primary tap, mainly because index finger is my strongest finger as I can tap faster and more endurance with that finger than any others.

I also felt a weird "bland" feeling when I tried tapping with only middle finger. Not sure why... :|
Raging Bull
I single tap a lot with index but I can also single tap with middle finger. My play style has been alternating at random moments lately though.
TakuMii
I singletap with my middle finger because a lot of shmups on the PC use the Z key to fire.
Elit3noob
I mostly tap using my second finger on circles and middle finger on sliders
Mints

Winshley wrote:

I believe it's just personal preferences, it's based on what people are comfortable with.

I play with index finger as primary tap, mainly because index finger is my strongest finger as I can tap faster and more endurance with that finger than any others.

I also felt a weird "bland" feeling when I tried tapping with only middle finger. Not sure why... :|
This. And I single tap with my index finger becuz I feel like it
Hikaros

Jordan wrote:

I always singletapped with my middle finger before I started 2keying. It just works like that.
lol same
Hanyuu
omg yukari **
she_old

Hanyuu wrote:

omg yukari **
He's mine :l
AWESOME-SAMA
I don't really think about it. It's just where my finger ends up being.
Bieras
I dont know where to ask about it so I'll write here. I single tap with my index finder but I start streams with my middle finger. Do you have the same? With which finger do you start streams?
bulbik_old
what a loser O_O :roll: :| :| :oops: 8-) :(
Yarissa
I can singletap with both but middle finger is faster
Michi

Bieras wrote:

I dont know where to ask about it so I'll write here. I single tap with my index finder but I start streams with my middle finger. Do you have the same? With which finger do you start streams?
I used to do the same, but i started singletapping with middle instead. Flows much better really.
Tanzklaue

Michi wrote:

Bieras wrote:

I used to do the same, but i started singletapping with middle instead. Flows much better really.
I tap with my middlefinger and start streams with the index. or at least try to because I am better that way.
buny
i don't see how anyone could do that

it just feels so weird streaming starting with th eother finger
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Naikaze
I only do this with streamy map because I can only start a stream with middle finger. But if I already remember when to switch to start stream, I use my other finger.
Seny
o.0 I single tap with my middle finger and start streams with my middle finger.

Index finger feels oddly loose
Staiain
Definitely best for me to singletap with my index, i almost form a fist as well when i do fast singletapstreams~
Pettanko
I single tap by alternating my fingers on one key.
Hiryuu_old
I singletap with my middle finger and start streaming with the middle finger as well, I find it impossible to do it with the index finger :D. Can't really explain why, but I just feel it's a lot more comfortable doing that way than the opposite.
Though generally speaking, people are different, they find 1 way more comfortable than the other, so they'll stick to the way it's more comfortable and easier to play with.. it's standard.
D33d
They like to flip inferior players the bird.
show more