forum

At what level/playcount should people start FCing insanes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loves
I'm at around 2k playcount and I can only FC the easier of the hards with enough plays but I constantly see lower leveled players with a higher rank than me :(

Pls.
silmarilen
playcount/level are irrelevant when it comes to playing insanes, just start playing insanes whenever you want to start playing them.
Bunny Wabbit
My play count is 11k and I can't.
Hika
It just takes practice of course. Playcount doesn't matter; most of the time, playcount is from repeatedly restarting a map out of annoyance for not being able to satisfy a person's standards of some sort.
Topic Starter
Loves

Hika wrote:

It just takes practice of course. Playcount doesn't matter; most of the time, playcount is from repeatedly restarting a map out of annoyance for not being able to satisfy a person's standards of some sort.

You make Lily-Kun annoyed >,<
buny
buny thinks talking in 3rd person is cool

also it could take a lot or not many playcount since saying insanes is such a wide variation
Topic Starter
Loves

buny wrote:

also it could take a lot or not many playcount since saying insanes is such a wide variation
Would you say Lily-Kun is doing good by taking a peep at Lily's profile?

*baka*
Wishy
Depends on what Insanes you are playing and what you spent your play counts on.
Aqo
16k playcount and still can't FC insane maps

like this
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/144029&m=0

or this
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/146957&m=0

or this
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133938&m=0

the question this thread is really asking is, what's "insane"
except looking at playcount is stupid too considering a retry 5 seconds into the map counts as a play, and that unranked maps don't add to pc
and rank doesn't really say anything, considering everybody is skilled at different things and plays different maps
so basically this thread is pointless. just play more, set goals for yourself for what you want to do, and get there steadily that's it
buny

Lily-Kun wrote:

buny wrote:

Would you say Lily-Kun is doing good by taking a peep at Lily's profile?

*baka*
well it is up to you how you want to play either purely for fun or have some competition involved, since your recent activity shows you investing your playcounts retrying easier maps

you are doing alright but need to step up the difficulty if you want to improve in the game
Topic Starter
Loves
well it is up to you how you want to play either purely for fun or have some competition involved, since your recent activity shows you investing your playcounts retrying easier maps

you are doing alright but need to step up the difficulty if you want to improve in the game

All the hards that I have FC'd include Chaosmaid (hardmaid)(ranked 1000/5000), Levaslater - NNRT (Hyper)(ranked 1500/4000),Groove Coverage Holy Virgin (hard)(ranked 5900/13000), Haruka na Sora (hard) (ranked 560/1600), Tewi Ma Park Endless Park (hard)(1860/6000) and I have a few others.

I also get 92%+ for a lot of hards that I can't FC or be bothered to replay 100 times.

Hope that clears your mind up a bit you baka
buny
clears my mind up for what?

iirc the question was how many playcounts to fc insanes which the answer would be

Wishy wrote:

all i'm saying is that if you are spending your time playing harder maps you will start fcing insanes a lot faster than someone who sticks to easier maps, and also have a much lesser playcount if practicing the songs full duration
Topic Starter
Loves

buny wrote:

clears my mind up for what?

iirc the question was how many playcounts to fc insanes which the answer would be

Wishy wrote:

all i'm saying is that if you are spending your time playing harder maps you will start fcing insanes a lot faster than someone who sticks to easier maps, and also have a much lesser playcount if practicing the songs full duration

Does Buny-Chan know of any easy insanes that sound good and have a good rating?
buny
a lot of anime openings are easy insanes, as well as nightcore songs.

easy insanes tend to have a whole scoreboard of hddt/dt scores

can't really say what songs are good because it's a matter of taste
Nanami
Play maps that are at your confort zone and from time to time you go a level higher.
XGeneral2000
Some of the easier TV Size Insanes I might suggest:

ClariS - Irony (TV Size)
ROUND TABLE feat. Nino - Let Me Be With You (TV Size)
Iguchi Yuka - Platinum Disco (TV Size)
Saitou Chiwa - staple stable (TV Size)
Kami no Mizo Shiri-tai - Koi no Shirushi (TV Size)
Haruna Luna - Overfly (TV Size)

You will especially need to get proficient at the short "burst streams" (3-7 notes) and 3-5 note stacks. You will also be expected to play short jump patterns (2-3 notes) with half screen jumps over eighth notes and full screen jumps over quarter notes. These are tricky for anyone stepping into Insane territory for the first time, especially with the OD7+ requirement, but you cannot avoid them.

If you are finding maps like this difficult (cannot rank A or better even with repeated tries), put them off and brush up on accuracy and control with harder Hards. There is no shame in this; I did not FC my first Insane (first map up there) until 5k playcount or so.
she_old

silmarilen wrote:

playcount/level are irrelevant when it comes to playing insanes, just start playing insanes whenever you want to start playing them.
Dekonare
I started FCing insanes when I got about 4000 plays. But playcount doesn't mean you can/can't FC insanes. It just needs practicing and practicing.
Mints
When you say insane, it's too general, there are some insane that are easy, some that are hard and there are songs like The Big Black. If its the average insane mode you're talking bout, thn I can do it at around lvl 40 ( I think?)
Nekoroll

Nanami wrote:

Play maps that are at your confort zone and from time to time you go a level higher.
This is pretty much what I did to smoothly transition from hards to insanes. Playing songs that I was comfortable and familiar with made it easy for me to get a "feel" for how the song should predictably be mapped rhythm-wise rather than staring at approach circles and trying to time when to hit them. Most play at their own pace so there isn't a specific level or playcount at which you should just expect to start FCing insanes.

Play the game and have fun.
Zare

silmarilen wrote:

This. why did the thread continue after that post?

holy shit silmarilen, you're pink
buny

Zarerion wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

This. why did the thread continue after that post?

holy shit silmarilen, you're pink
would you prefer a separate topic for each question?
ryza
>people seriously replying to lily-kun

why would you do that
Topic Starter
Loves

Silynn wrote:

why would you do that
Because they love me!
JappyBabes

Silynn wrote:

why would you do that
why wouldn't you?
Saikain
ive just got into the insane maps myself i found a good way to work myself into it was double timing 4-4.5 star maps that you already know. this means you know the layout of the map and all it is is increase speed which is all an insane song is anyway. well apart from the streaming and thats just hitting a button as fast as you can in my case.
Maneuver
At insane level people should start FCing insane 8-)
primrose
At any level people can start playing insanes. also FC it.
Loading_old
playcount/level doesn't really matter, I think before FCing insane you can play Hard diff + DT
silmarilen
tons of hards are way harder to DT than nomod insane. going off from that is like saying you cant play insanes because you cant fc val maps or something
buny
wat if the hard was so easy
Wishy
Thing is insane diff spread is gigantic and hard diff spread is pretty big too so you can't really use those term to talk about this, since you got hards which are pretty much normals and another ones that are really close to insane. And even it's just up to BPM, even if some hard is easy all it needs is to be 170 BPM and have a single stream or 2/3 triples and there you go noobs can't do it.
show more