forum

Keyboard players : what's your keyboard ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
janyhero

[ Yukari ] wrote:

Razer blackwidow ~
Oh, it's a pretty decent choice IMO, the downside is that you have to change the keyboard a bit regularly.
Seriously, the BlackWidow can't handle Osu!'s pressure...
And If you are a mania player... the deterioration will be much faster

Get a CM quickfire pro, this will last much longer
LoGo
Had Razer Lycosa after i started streaming 200+ i was breaking at least 1 key in one week...
Then got Razer Blackwidow at start i didn't like that i need really lift off my finger and i broke first key in 1 or 2 months and now have ~6-7 broken
Today i got Steelseries 6gv2 with black switches and i feel a lot better with them. Now instead of not pressing keys i loose speed D:(but that's only on really high bpm or pretty long streams also on high speed) but that gonna be fixed with time because now when i play i actually feel that i get tired(that's good because with blackwidow i didn't feel anything D: )
Cropzy
This glorious thing.
Saitek cyborg v7
Sync

janyhero wrote:

[ Yukari ] wrote:

Razer blackwidow ~
Oh, it's a pretty decent choice IMO, the downside is that you have to change the keyboard a bit regularly.

seriously? I used a super cheap rubber dome forever (using laptop keyboard) and it never gave out

is it a mechanical keyboard thing? i've never owned one, but I figured they would be more durable than regular keyboards
Mints
Is it really that bad? I've used it for various games for 2 years, played osu for erm.. 3 months I guess? No broken keys yet lol
lolcubes
Blackwidow has insanely low build quality. It's really not surprising people destroy keys by playing osu! on that. :p
Ofc some people will be okay with them and won't destroy them just like that, but the majority will within a year I think.
Cropzy

lolcubes wrote:

Blackwidow has insanely low build quality. It's really not surprising people destroy keys by playing osu! on that. :p
Ofc some people will be okay with them and won't destroy them just like that, but the majority will within a year I think.
A lot of razer products are really good. My sphex mousemat is amazing. Mouse just glides across it. However the keyboards are questionable...
janyhero
seriously? I used a super cheap rubber dome forever (using laptop keyboard) and it never gave out

is it a mechanical keyboard thing? i've never owned one, but I figured they would be more durable than regular keyboards
Technically mech keyboards are supposed to last longer... especially when compared to laptop keyboards...
Believe me, I've had my m14x for a year and nothing happened, until i came to osu.
Q anw W are the first ones to "go", by which i mean they either stick down or double-tap during plays
Then came C, V, N, M because i got into mania 4k. those became less responsive as well

I borrowed my bro's blackwidow, but soon returned to him because i feared i would break it too
So i got a CM quickfire pro for 50$ during black friday, and it feels really solid, much better than my laptop keyboard or my bro's blackwidow.
XK2238
PROLiNK PKM3805U

plays well.
Pizzicato

janyhero wrote:

[ Yukari ] wrote:

Razer blackwidow ~

THE SAME FUCKING THING I DID

the Z, A and esc key on my blackwidow ultimate doubletaps often so i got the quickfire pro blueswitches lol

and damn this CMstorm feels better than the BW
Aeonian Sonder
Razer Ananai
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-anansi
It has backlighting, and extra keys that I can use to stream.~
Jordan
[Luanny]
a random microsoft keyboard.
Aeonian Sonder

Jordan wrote:

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfirerapid it feels awesome
Where's the numberpad?!?
Golfdinger

janyhero wrote:

[ Yukari ] wrote:

Razer blackwidow ~

If it was decent, you wouldn't be replacing it regularly.
Jordan

-APXH wrote:

Jordan wrote:

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfirerapid it feels awesome
Where's the numberpad?!?
There isn't.
kriers

Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless (red switches)
theramdans
A built-in HP Mini Keyboard~~
Dekonare
BlackWidow Ultimate. No broken keys
Saint_old
Laptop keyboard. If I get a real keyboard will I stream faster?
threenash
There's a new version of the Razer BW out. Green leds this time. Also most of quality problems have been solved.
Disso-
WASD keyboard
smoogipoo
Ducky DK9008 Cherry MX Red
tiper

Saint wrote:

Yes, it can happen
Naikaze

Saint wrote:

Nope, laptop keybs best keys <3
Blaziken
Flat-ass (like the mac ones..) keyboard.
Ranzeus
I'm using laptop .__.
lazy to play on my pc :|
Xylem Beer
BlackWidow with Cherry MX Blue mechanical key switch, feels great for me
ixsq
I use a Razer Nostromo (http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/addi ... _inuse.jpg)

It's a bit on the expensive side, but I got it as a gift and it works great. I find it a lot more comfortable than using Z&X on a keyboard.
Yin
I use a Ducky with cherry MX brown switches.
AWESOME-SAMA
My keyboard is a piece of shit.
Espionage724
IBM Model M with dyed keycaps and painted body (not really too impressive work on the body though):

I'm getting a CM QuickFire Rapid (Blue) soon :)
Nazo_old
I just use my trusty old fashioned keyboard from liiike

3-4 years ago?

It's gotten me through the worst of struggles and situations and the like.

I'm too cool for a high-tech keyboard. :B
Kanye West

Espionage724 wrote:

IBM Model M with dyed keycaps and painted body (not really too impressive work on the body though):

I'm getting a CM QuickFire Rapid (Blue) soon :)
Nice! The Model M is such a cool keyboard, totally jelly.
Cylencer
Microsoft Sidewinder x4. Not a mechanical keyboard, but the keys are nice to press and its anti-ghosting feature helps in osu!mania
DX5536
I'm using Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. It's pretty good but expensive.
Rokk
Using the Logitech G110 here. Basically a standard keyboard as far as pressing them goes. No red or blue switches. Works great, but it makes very fast streams pretty hard, so I sometimes plug in an old PS/2 IBM keyboard with blue switches. (I think that was the one where the keys really click down, you're not pushing down on air like red switches)
dMaxb
Mechanical cherry MX reds
noppoo choc mid
Giralda
Started out with default keyboards, moved to Razer Lycosa at one point. Then got tired of it (in less than a year), moved to Razer BlackWidow. My parents are rather annoyed at the loudness of the BlackWidow :c so no more late night osu! for me *sigh*
Staiain
My keyboard is a QPAD MK-80 with brown switches, I've gotten som legendary stepmania scores on it so its ability to have perfect response and durability is unrivalled, I can definitely recommend one if you're loaded with cash
show more