forum

[duplicate] -Gender-

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +216
show more
Kuro
Male until proven otherwise :roll:
she_old
lol 0 stars
XPJ38

</thread>
Kanye West

she wrote:

lol 0 stars
Not because it's a bad idea, but because it's not important.
[Luanny]
everyone would finally know I'm not a girl :/
she_old
hmm I could attempt to trick people with this feature, interesting
jemhuntr
lol
Archangel Tirael
Support! I want to finally become a real man! >:3
she_old

Archangel Tirael wrote:

I want to finally become a real man! >:3
з; бака тираел, не няша
AdRon Zh3Ro

kriers wrote:

kokoroanime wrote:

If you're male and made a avatar with a female character in it, they'll think that you're a girl
lolno
A man gotta use a manly avatar or else...

An odd example: Andrea is a girls name in my country and since he pretty much uses anime girls, you got the general idea.

Also there is a lot of "gray" names which leave a lot of doubt.

However, internet is indeed a place for men only since the kitchen needs cleaning.
Yarissa
Lots of players think I'm a girl. But I'm not. This feature request would put the endless questions to rest
Nya-nyan_old

she wrote:

lol 0 stars
you are not the only one xD
theowest
It's mostly because of your avatars.

and username in my case, atm.
Saten
Who cares about gender anyway..

It's only game. Why you heff to be mad?
jemhuntr
me. I don't know how to address people properly. I don't know whether I should be rude to the person if I don't know the gender.
Kuro

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

me. I don't know how to address people properly. I don't know whether I should be rude to the person if I don't know the gender.
That's why you start with "Hey" *pauses for a second* "you...."

Works every time 8-)
she_old

Saten wrote:

Who cares about gender anyway..

It's only game. Why you heff to be mad?
Some people seek for a partner with fast fingers in bed, that's how I found buny-nyan.
Aoko
Oh Rii.

Every person in the net is a man, unless he proves otherwise. Support anyway.
she_old

Aoko wrote:

Oh Rii.

You are a man.
Ephemeral
adding this feature would take away from a lot of the mystery and effort involved in you know, cordially interacting with a person for long enough to distinguish their gender among other important aspects about them.

i don't even see why this even matters, so this isn't really a feature i can get behind.
Aoko

she wrote:

Aoko wrote:

Oh Rii.

You are a man.
I'm not omg. QwQ
You are.
she_old
No, you are a manly man, man.

My name is she, so it's obvious that I'm female.
Stop thinking with your dick, dumb guy.
Kurokami
I'm a guy, hahaha.

/me runs
primrose
wat....
Makar
I honestly don't support this, it doesn't even matter.
This is a game, not some social networking site, lol. Some of you people in this thread support this feature so much as if it's important. It's no big deal if you don't know somebody's gender when talking to somebody, and finding it offensive is kinda stupid imo. If you really want to know, just ask them yourself. It shouldn't have anything to do with who/how you interact with people anyways.

It may be one of those "sure, why not?" things, but complaining about it or highly suggesting it is rather silly.
burningapple

ziin wrote:

Don't be silly, there are no girls on the internet.
I lol'd this too much.

Well, I think is pettry silly. You can ask someone you don't know his/her gender. That's all.
raww_old

burningapple wrote:

Well, I think is pettry silly. You can ask someone you don't know his/her gender. That's all.
This. Even in the first place, why would each individuals gender matter? You're planning to use osu! as a dating site? I don't see any reason why personal info should be more exposed.
Marcin

raww wrote:

burningapple wrote:

This. Even in the first place, why would each individuals gender matter? You're planning to use osu! as a dating site? I don't see any reason why personal info should be more exposed.
Well.... there are some people which uses it that way.... .... like... ... me ...
AND WITH NEARBY TAB IT'S GREAT STALKING TOOL
she_old
It would be nice as icon set lol.

and a question mark for undefined
Kuro

she wrote:

It would be nice as icon set lol.

and a question mark for undefined
Stumbled over that third one for a bit. I think the third would just be abused anyway... =3=

inb4 hermaphrodite
Stefan
Isn't this request denied for 1299290 times?
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

Yeah, thinking twice about this I don't see a point in adding it (and am weakly against it being present based on the obvious reasons). Sorry guys.
from about 2 years ago :/
Stefan
Can we deny this? \o\
deadbeat
i dunno tbh. i mean, we did get play style and that wasn't really needed either. we still got it. so yeah. i'm not 100% sure on this one
Primula_old
I would like this because some guys attempt to 'chat me up'.. but I'm a guy lol.
Though it should be optional for those who would prefer to stay anonymous and I don't like the idea of any additional 'features' of such which change depending on the gender you select (like the name colour suggestion on the first page - because I personally prefer pink over blue, I don't agree with such gender stereotypes).

Reason for making it an additional profile field rather than having people fill it in themselves in other profile fields is the fact that the latter may cause people to assume you're seeking attention (like a misconception with 'gamer girls')

I really don't like people who will only talk to those of which are potentially the opposite sex in hopes of finding romance from it, it's pretty sad.
If all you're seeking is romance, go to a website intended for such, don't strive for a relationship in a game.
Of course it is possible to find a relationship through a game (met my gf through a game), just don't make it your only objective, that's just creepy.
she_old

deadbeat wrote:

i dunno tbh. i mean, we did get play style and that wasn't really needed either. we still got it. so yeah. i'm not 100% sure on this one
Times change, and sometimes denied requests get added anyway, I've seen it somewhere before and someone raged about it lol.
Shohei Ohtani
CAN THIS PLEASE

LIKE LITERALLY EVERY DAY

EVERY SINGLE DAY

I'd like to clear up the misconception that I'm a girl :P.

Take my stars.
Ameko
middle gender pl0x
Raose
hideyoshi gender pl0x
Ameko

pls
show more