forum

MAGFest 2013

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RemmyX25

January 3-6

Music and Gaming Festival. Sounds about right, so naturally 6 of the osu!admins (well, 5 admin and one BAT) are coming together again for the biggest meet up yet. And it's going to ROCK.

Confirmed osu!admin attendies:
  1. RemmyX25
  2. awp
  3. Cheesewarlock
  4. Rolled
  5. Lybydose
  6. Cyclone
Chances are, I'm going to be video blogging my adventure, not sure what the other folks have up their sleeve. If anyone else is coming, let us know so you can sign mugs and get pictures and stuff

Oh yea. Pics. There's going to be a lot of them. Stay tuned.
Jarby
What are you actually going to be doing musically and, er, gamingly? If it's just a bunch of osu! playing in person, I'm going to have to insist that you play musical chairs instead.
awp

Jarby wrote:

What are you actually going to be doing musically and, er, gamingly? If it's just a bunch of osu! playing in person, I'm going to have to insist that you play musical chairs instead.
MAGfest is the greatest con ever

http://magfest.org/schedule/ here is the tentative schedule for MAGfest 11 (2013)

musically we are playing Rock Band at some point (RemmyEDIT: and will probably be streaming it again), and I might get behind a drum kit for some impromptu Real Band for all I know

Gaming we are going to fuck idk do all kinds of shit

there's tons of arcades and whatnot
jjrocks
My god this is about an hour away from me :c

Are you guys going to any panels so far? If so, which ones?
awp

jjrocks wrote:

My god this is about an hour away from me :c

Are you guys going to any panels so far? If so, which ones?
I'll be attending panels, signings and lots of concerts. Once I have my schedule finalized I can let you know.

Note that pre-registration ends tonight. You can still get passes at the door, but price goes up a bit
Rolled
Alec, you just completed your payment.

This transaction will appear on your statement as PayPal *MAGFEST LLC.

So, I got my 4 day pass, but me and 3 other guys are staying about an hour away in maryland. We're planning on coming for two of them. Suggestions?
awp
Go on whichever days I'm not constantly doing awesome stuff, so we can hang out and play games and stuff
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
This time, we all need a big signed photo of the admins. (and any with other osu! people maybe if they show up)
Warchamp7
Today I learned a fair amount of Osu players attend MAGFest.

I'll be there for the 5th time this year.
Rolled
So what's the female ratio at these things?
theowest
oh shit, it's happening right now.

Be sure to take lots of pictures! For us that can't come.
DaddyCoolVipper

Rolled wrote:

So what's the female ratio at these things?
Blue Stig
Going tomorrow.
First convention ever.
So ready for this.
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
oh man i should have checked this thread again, sorry guys. but lets see some con pictures! mine will probably be up by tomorrow or the next day
awp
I am so tired I could eat a fish right now
Blue Stig
Well that was fun.

Got a chance to play DDR Extreme Double mode Standard diff.
Passed Butterfly.
Failed DAM DARIRAM.

and two Magic starter decks.

For a moment I thought I saw UnderminE cosplaying.
Brain seized up for a few seconds.
awp
did you see me at all? You'd know if you did
Lybydose
If you saw a guy sucking at pop'n music really early in the morning, it was probably me.
Blue Stig

awp wrote:

did you see me at all? You'd know if you did
I saw plenty of beards but not yours.
Didn't see anyone playing osu! either...
Rolled
Great meeting you guys. I swear to god I'm going balls deep during the next Brofest. Sorry for being such a bum.
theowest
Did any of you take pictures, film stuff while you were there? I'm dying to see.
Rolled
Stolen from Remdawg. I'm sure they all have plenty of photos as well.

On a side note, thinking of cosplaying as the blue Fat Princess for 2014. Thoughts?

Lybydose
I don't have any photos.
awp

theowest wrote:

Did any of you take pictures, film stuff while you were there? I'm dying to see.
196 photos on my hdd between me and Remmy. Remmy also filmed a few videos that'll be up sooner or later.

There will be a big ass-post of stuff we did during MAGfest eventually. I just started a new job the day after getting home so I haven't had time/energy yet

There's a special little something for Haneii too♥
Topic Starter
RemmyX25
Trying to upload videos, but youtube is being stupid right now.
show more